ADVERTISEMENT

OT: College Football 2022

2023 Dana Dimel after UTEP departure?:

"I was keeping an eye afar on the situation in Tallahassee while in El Paso and thought this would be a great place to rebuild this program". (He said something similar to this right after getting hired by UTEP and Snyder worked his magic on UTEP/Senter).

What the heck are you talking about? Snyder worked his magic on UTEP/Senter???

Last edited:
To be fair:
  1. Sitting on the east side of the Sun Bowl during the September games is brutal for most of the first half. Things greatly improve once the sun hides behind the west side of the stadium.
  2. Several seats at Southwest University Park don't have shade; a summer game is practically unbearable in those seats.
  3. This weather is extremely atypical for Mission Valley, where highs year round fluctuate between the 60s and 70s. In fact, several homes in San Diego don't have air conditioning, my old home included. Once temperatures return to normal fans will stop complaining

To be fair:
  1. Sitting on the east side of the Sun Bowl during the September games is brutal for most of the first half. Things greatly improve once the sun hides behind the west side of the stadium.
  2. Several seats at Southwest University Park don't have shade; a summer game is practically unbearable in those seats.
  3. This weather is extremely atypical for Mission Valley, where highs year round fluctuate between the 60s and 70s. In fact, several homes in San Diego don't have air conditioning, my old home included. Once temperatures return to normal fans will stop complaining
I really don’t think SDSU imagined they would be hosting too many 1230pm kickoffs. Just so happens that CBS selected the game for broadcast.

Reactions: Rocketsr
Utsa struggling a bit with Army. They're not gonna have as much success as they did last season. I think they'll end up with 7 wins.

Utsa struggling a bit with Army. They're not gonna have as much success as they did last season. I think they'll end up with 7 wins.
Army CAN be a tough team to deal with. The academy schools have damn near perfected the triple option. When they have the athletes, they are damn hard to stop.

UTSA was also arguably the better team last week when they played UH. Just came up a tad short.

I have them with 8-9 wins.

Last edited:
Army CAN be a tough team to deal with. The academy schools have damn near perfected the triple option. When they have the athletes, they are damn hard to stop.
Specific targeted recruiting.

It's got to be great not having to worry if the players transferring classes or requirements qualify because the cadet is already a good student.

Not having to share your budget is nice, too.

Specific targeted recruiting.

It's got to be great not having to worry if the players transferring classes or requirements qualify because the cadet is already a good student.

Not having to share your budget is nice, too.
For sure. Doesn’t always work out for them, but when it does…

Reactions: TxRdKiller

UTSA was also arguably the better team last week when they played UH. Just came up a tad short.

I have them with 8-9 wins.
Army has been a tough one for a while now.

There's a good possibility that UTSA starts 0-3 and would have to win 8 or all 9 of the remaining games.

The schedule sets up easily for them after that and they could certainly run through CUSA but I see them dropping at least one and possibly 2 games down the stretch.

The problem with playing service academy schools like Army and Air Force is you have to be very disciplined on defense to contain the triple option. They will lull you to death running the ball and throw a pass when you fall asleep. If you’re not used to that, it can drive your defense crazy.

The problem with playing service academy schools like Army and Air Force is you have to be very disciplined on defense to contain the triple option. They will lull you to death running the ball and throw a pass when you fall asleep. If you’re not used to that, it can drive your defense crazy.
When Tom Herman was at UH, they practiced for weeks, specifically for Navy’s trip op when they had Keenan Reynolds. Talk about respect for that scheme and the horses running it.

Reactions: Rot
Army has been a tough one for a while now.

There's a good possibility that UTSA starts 0-3 and would have to win 8 or all 9 of the remaining games.

The schedule sets up easily for them after that and they could certainly run through CUSA but I see them dropping at least one and possibly 2 games down the stretch.
Yeah, aside from 2019, they’ve put 6 or 7 good years together.

Fair enough regarding UTSA. I could see them losing to UAB perhaps in CUSA.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT