ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Cowboys

In the cowboys circle of life usually the wheels start falling off much later in the season. We didn’t even get to the “we dem boys” part.
I don’t know. Not excusing how they played today. But it’s nothing new. They got slobber knocked in week 5 last year and were a paltry 3-2 at that point after also losing to the Cards. The year before that they started out 0-1 after looking absolutely inept against the Bucs. They’ll probably bounce back and play decently in the reg season then sh!t the bed in the post season. Also, as someone alluded to a few posts back, the Cowboys lost a lot and aren’t as stout as they were last year.

Wait till Henry, one of the many talented RB's that the Cowboys didn't feel they needed sticks it down their throat next week.

Defense cannot stop the run, as it has been shown over and over again.

This is what you will see for the next four years as they committed to Dak, instead of rebuilding, and then the years it will actually take to rebuild after that. Lean years are coming, as Jerry has run the team into the ground with his bad decisions.

As much as I hate McCarthy, he wasn't the one who thought Zeke was still a viable player and refused to go after Derrick Henry or Aaron Jones or any of the other backs who were on the market. And who didn't find a 2 or 3 wide receiver. Or anyone on the defensive side. Eric Kendricks was basically our only signing and I didn't even think he was still in the league

The roster is screaming rebuild, but we locked up so much money in 2 players ...and probably have to sign a couple more in the next year.

As much as I hate McCarthy, he wasn't the one who thought Zeke was still a viable player and refused to go after Derrick Henry or Aaron Jones or any of the other backs who were on the market. And who didn't find a 2 or 3 wide receiver. Or anyone on the defensive side. Eric Kendricks was basically our only signing and I didn't even think he was still in the league

The roster is screaming rebuild, but we locked up so much money in 2 players ...and probably have to sign a couple more in the next year.
We don’t need Henry or Jones. The greatest GM in the history of the NFL was able to orchestrate a two headed monster of Zeke and Dalvin Cook in the backfield this year. They combined for nearly 2,500 yards and 25 tds in 2019. It is totally unimaginable those 2 are on the same team. Zek had 3 rushes for 6 yards, and that 4 yard run he made was amazing. He is clearly in his 2019 form.

Last edited:
Jerry "All in" Jones has finally been able to run the team into the ground. He keeps saying that Henry was too expensive, and yet he puts almost half the cap into 2 players. He should have never made Prescott the centerpiece of this franchise. Jones would have been the RB to add, and yet he thinks the RBs that got less than 35 yds the last 2 games are sufficient.

Secondly, the defense is soft. If you have a good RB, you can just run it down their throat. You can control the game by punching them right in the face. Parsons is the only standout. Anyone that knows personnel, understands this. Jerry does not.

This team is going to get progressively worse over the next 4 years, and then once they rebuild, a couple more years. They should have started the rebuild this year and not commit 60 million a year to a QB that cannot carry your team. He is not a guy that can win the game for you, as he needs to have a superstar RB. He is not worth 60, and if the RBs out there were too expensive, why not ask Prescott to take less so the team can get one. If he says no, then don't resign him because it is worthless to pay a guy that can't carry your team on his back.

And this is easy for Jones, he will blame McCarthy for all of it, use him as a scapegoat and get another puppet in there. Jerry doesn't want a real coach that will tell him what he needs because Jerry always thinks he knows better than anyone else. Jimmy and Parcells were the last ones that knew what was needed.

Remember, Jerry was the one that went crazy and called his son a MFer because he didn't agree with him that Johnny Manziel was a better pick than Zack Martin. His son, had to actually snatch the draft card out of his hand. Story goes that a deal was struck that if Zach Martin, Aaron Donald, Anthony Barr and Ryan Frazier were available, one of those would be picked, and if not they would get Manziel. Jerry tried to force the pick down their throats because he is an Ahole. His son almost tackled him and took the card out of his hand. Jerry continued to curse his son all day. There was not one other person in the draft room that agreed with Jerry, and yet Jerry didn't care.

Last edited:
We still have to get Parsons signed and he will be demanding to be paid as the top defensive player in the league . It’s going to get ugly these next few years.

Reactions: mikesarabia
Parsons should pass and go to the Commanders for a little less money, but a team that is building the right way, and will have other players around him. He will be greatly paid in Dallas, but will be drowning without the support around him.

Jerry is dumb enough to keep doing this. He needs a young core to start a rebuild as the next 4 years are going to be a waste.

Reactions: FedupMiner
The last time I remember seeing Parsons, he was busy getting pancaked by Aaron Jones.

He's probably someone you have to lock up, but I don't know if I'd shed a tear letting him walk. He's becoming a perfect Cowboy player - racking up a bunch of stats against inferior teams and disappearing when it counts.

Our defense sucks. The offense is not built to come from behind.

I don't care about Henry. Just because he ran all over the Dallas D is not saying much. Jones should have signed AJ and Lamb while leaving Prescott on a last year contract.

Biggest mistakes were previously signing Elliot after he held out a year early AND signing Prescott this year. It's gonna really hurt when Parsons moves on.

Our defense sucks. The offense is not built to come from behind.

I don't care about Henry. Just because he ran all over the Dallas D is not saying much. Jones should have signed AJ and Lamb while leaving Prescott on a last year contract.

Biggest mistakes were previously signing Elliot after he held out a year early AND signing Prescott this year. It's gonna really hurt when Parsons moves on.
Our defense should have been more consistent last season. The D was good in most games but some teams presented awful matchup problems and the Cowboys were unwilling to adjust and they got steamrolled in those games.

And even last season, they weren't built to come from behind.

If Jerry wanted Dak to be the guy: ok… but he messed up not locking him down years ago when he had the chance and it would have been cheaper. Now I feel like Dallas is going to be in that vicious cycle they were in during those Romo years where they were having to guarantee contracts and convert money, making problems down the road tomorrow in order to create cap space today.

According to overthecap.com Dak’s cap is almost 90 million in 2025. So you know they’re going to have to do something to lessen the blow.

Diggs and also Nabers got hurt. 😬😬😬
Now Jerry has an excuse for the imminent failure of this team. It won't be his personnel decisions, it will be coaching and the roster having too many injuries, this will be his banter.

Only reason they beat a bad NY Giant football team is that they lack a real good RB. Secondly, they have a losing record, as the Cowboys do not beat teams with winning records, nor will they beat a team that has a good RB.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT