ADVERTISEMENT

OT: FC Juarez Bravos

Pretty sure we’ve had this discussion before but…

I’ve played most of my life. About 40 years. Played for various club teams, high school ball for Coronado, college ball at Richland and then with the EP Spurs, which eventually became the Patriots.

After my competitive career ended I played everything from premier men’s league to O-30 indoor until I was about 45.

I’ve also coached everything from 3v3 to club to HS ball.

Your turn. Or we can just let it go.
Played with Santos, patriots and the Latinos (who beat the coronado team that was ranked 2nd in the nation 5-0).... Played at hanks (when it was good) all 4 years varsity. Played in the 3v3 national tournament in colorado, we got second, though. Also played in that stupid ODP program. The vast majority of that team was from El Paso, but they wanted us to train in Austin once a month. The irony of this just set in when I typed that out... Oh I forgot, I ran Isports.... Don't know why we put that stupid volleyball court in that place Played in the snickers cup several times (that was probably the biggest youth tournament in the world)

Last edited:
I think Mexico had nine possible locations, with everyone knowing that realistically only Mexico City, Monterrey, and Guadalajara were going to make the cut. The US had like 16 possibilities, there is no shortage of cities wanting tourist revenue.

I'm all for stopping the chant that could end up costing Mexico being the host of the 2026 World Cup. However, FIFA needs to be fair. If it's coming down hard on Mexico it should have come down hard on Russia for their homophobic laws when they hosted the World Cup and the same can be said for Qatar in this upcoming World Cup.

Everytime I play pick up at Zilker or anywhere every mistake is followed by put0 or put* madre. Most of them are young Mexican Americans that have never set foot in Mexico.

Imo the ony way to stop the chant is stop selling tickets to Mexixo fans. It's unfair for for 90% of fans that don't participate in the chant but I don't see any other way.

The word is deeply entrenched in the culture.

I'm all for stopping the chant that could end up costing Mexico being the host of the 2026 World Cup. However, FIFA needs to be fair. If it's coming down hard on Mexico it should have come down hard on Russia for their homophobic laws when they hosted the World Cup and the same can be said for Qatar in this upcoming World Cup.
Or just pay cash to FIFA like Russia and Qatar

I don’t agree with FIFA not addressing Qatar’s horrible labor issue during its buildup to the WC. But at the same time I don’t think they could try to dictate national policies to countries like Russia or the Middle East. Because if that’s the case do you really want corrupt FIFA acting like they’re the moral authority on anything?

Two players from the borderland have been selected to represent Liga MX in the first ever all star MLS vs Liga MX game.

Are Russia and Qatar chanting these slurs during the game? It's not FIFA's purview to delve into a nation's politics, but they are responsible for what transpires during these games. They don't want people to feel marginalized or threatened because of what transpires during the game. I don't have a problem with this policy.

Former Santa Teresa Desert Warrior and NYCFC GoalKeeper, getting it done tonight with a Clean Sheet and his First Professional Win. Also had an assist.

That is probably the craziest set piece I have ever seen. Definitely the longest. That was some crazy imagination on setting it up (never in my days would I imagine a set piece off a goal kick). Striker takes last defender outside before the goal kick and then makes his run and the Santa Teresa player sends a perfect ball

Can someone start a new thread for soccer general discussion? This thread is now mostly non FC Juarez stuff. Just put it all in a new thread
While I agree with you, are you crazy??? some posters don't even want one soccer thread on this board, can you imagine three? Some posters would punch their screen. Maybe combine the FC Juarez and Locomotive into one and have a general one.

• Haha
Reactions: JCorona
While I agree with you, are you crazy??? some posters don't even want one soccer thread on this board, can you imagine three? Some posters would punch their screen. Maybe combine the FC Juarez and Locomotive into one and have a general one.
Nope. Just 1 thread. There’s not enough FCJ and Loco stuff for their own thread. 1 soccer thread will be enough. If we want to talk soccer that’s where we go. This thread turned into Juarez COVID numbers and is mostly non FC Juarez talk. Unless it’s major, major news, just go the soccer thread.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT