ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Roll call Election Day

I am a dem but there are local GOP business people who have done a lot of good for El Paso and I wouldn't mind voting for them because they do care about El Paso, however, they will never run (they prefer appointed positions, which is fine) for elected office and they have done more for our community than Frank aka "ferret face" Burns has ever done. Until that happens, Go Beto!

Reactions: LTMiner61
True that! OT it is. I voted by mail here in NM a couple of weeks ago.
But I'm for the local boy. As an EP native, I know that El Paso is the red headed step child of Texas. El Paso folks like Texas a lot more than Texas likes El Paso. It'd be great for the city to have the representation and Ted doesn't give a hoot about EP, IMHO.

Its tough to vote either way. The issues of border safety, health care, education, abortion, marijuana, etc are all tough. There are a lot of pros and cons each way. Its hard to find one candidate that believes in my own thoughts all around.

I'm not a conservative, but I vote republican because I beleive that our safety is paramount. I work in healthcare and I think socialized healthcare would be a disaster. I am compassionate, but I also think that people in the U.S. have to be responible for themselves first.

I am a dem but there are local GOP business people who have done a lot of good for El Paso and I wouldn't mind voting for them because they do care about El Paso, however, they will never run (they prefer appointed positions, which is fine) for elected office and they have done more for our community than Frank aka "ferret face" Burns has ever done. Until that happens, Go Beto!

I agree with you...I think the Republicans have done a good job working at improving our community because they are forced to work with the overwhelming dems in our city. That said, the cooperation and good governance ends locally in my book

It's interesting how politics and sports are similar. We root for our team do or die, right or wrong, good or bad. True, there are independents out there, but they are very few. If we could all remove ourselves from our history and emotional attachments to certain parties and vote based on facts, our country would be better off.
:p

It's interesting how politics and sports are similar. We root for our team do or die, right or wrong, good or bad. True, there are independents out there, but they are very few. If we could all remove ourselves from our history and emotional attachments to certain parties and vote based on facts, our country would be better off.
:p

Eh...I'm a true blue, die hard fan of my sports team. I've never stopped rooting for one, no matter how awful they are. However, I used to vote R but have started voting D over the past decade because my ideals no longer line up with R ideals. Until very recently, I could still vote for an individual R, but I can no longer support ANYONE who supports the clown who currently is sitting in the White House. So I'm pretty much Straight Ticket Dem now.

I am sick and tired of both parties and I am so glad the elections will finally be over in a few hours. I can finally watch TV and listen to the radio without listening to these stupid campaign ads bashing the opponent on every commercial.
I just wish political parties will go away and people can just vote on the person based what they stand for, not which political party they represent. This straight ticket crap just helps morons getting elected. I think having no political parties will lead to elected officials actually working together to get things done and spend less time fighting with each other because they are Republican or Democrat.

I am sick and tired of both parties and I am so glad the elections will finally be over in a few hours. I can finally watch TV and listen to the radio without listening to these stupid campaign ads bashing the opponent on every commercial.
I just wish political parties will go away and people can just vote on the person based what they stand for, not which political party they represent. This straight ticket crap just helps morons getting elected. I think having no political parties will lead to elected officials actually working together to get things done and spend less time fighting with each other because they are Republican or Democrat.
Yes, George Washington sadly predicted this in his Farewell Address. Political Parties do what best for them and not the country.

Political parties are obsolete. The 2 party system doesn't work any more.
We should have national elections to elect for the highest offices and then vote directly on the issues, on line. The house and senate should be disbanded. They are relics of a bygone era.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Bye bye Robert O’Rourke.
Very curious. What is it about Cruz you find appealing. I see a scumbag who's so soulless and spineless that he sold out his family for power. He couldn't endorse Trump until the Mercer temporarily stopped funding him. He endorsed Trump and he got his funding back.

Amen, broseph!

Been around a while and I’ve never seen such vitriol from and towards people just because of political affiliation...and I see it coming from both sides. My experience is that most people now see a label rather than a human being on the other side. We currently live in the Divided States of America. For the first time in my life, I don’t even feel sure there is a solution.

Reactions: minermx07
Amen, broseph!

Been around a while and I’ve never seen such vitriol from and towards people just because of political affiliation...and I see it coming from both sides. My experience is that most people now see a label rather than a human being on the other side. We currently live in the Divided States of America. For the first time in my life, I don’t even feel sure there is a solution.

We need a legit 3rd party.

Very curious. What is it about Cruz you find appealing. I see a scumbag who's so soulless and spineless that he sold out his family for power. He couldn't endorse Trump until the Mercer temporarily stopped funding him. He endorsed Trump and he got his funding back.

I could not care less for Cruz (or Robert Francis), but at the end of the day I know Ted’s votes in the senate will be aligned with my values.

I’m not for turning Texas into California. Your boy Robert wants to open the borders, take my ammo, fund abortions with public moolah, supports obamacare, and finds kneeling to the flag to be “American.” Robert Francis can kiss my @$&/.

I know people hate it when two posters keep going back and forth, but can people have a little patience? It is an OT thread. Plus, in today's increasingly polarized world it's rare to talk to someone from the "other side".

I could not care less for Cruz (or Robert Francis), but at the end of the day I know Ted’s votes in the senate will be aligned with my values.

I’m not for turning Texas into California. Your boy Robert wants to open the borders, take my ammo, fund abortions with public moolah, supports obamacare, and finds kneeling to the flag to be “American.” Robert Francis can kiss my @$&/.

Take your guns and ammo? You've have had Democratic Presidents and Congress before and your guns werent confiscated. What regulations are you against? All of them? I get it, some people want as little gun regulation as possible. Does that include letting people on the terrorist watchlist buy guns? Is there no such thing as sensible gun regulation? Is there no compromise on the issue?

Open Borders? No one is open borders. Although it is a good smear tactic, I will give you that. Democrats and Republicans disagree on the severity of enforcement and optics is all. Everyone recognizes the need to know who and what is coming into the country. Everyone recognizes that not everyone who wants to come into this country can. However, is any leeway automatically amnesty? If I give you an immigration package that's 80% enforcement and rules, but 20% leeway do you turn it down?

As for abortion, that's a moral issue and I get the legit concern. Although, I will point out there is no public funding for abortion. Also, Republican policies lead to more unplanned pregnancies.

Reactions: develman
Problem is neither side wants a working relationship with the other. I vote 90% with the republicans,but am fed up with the discord. Unfortunately with the election results the next two years will be nothing but investigations and name calling. When will these politicians decide to work for the good of the country?? Probably not in my life time and I’m only 60.

Reactions: EPTUTEP
Texas has grown and thrives as a red state. It’s a big oil, no state tax, state that has had incredible growth and tons of corporations have relocated here. Not sure why anyone would want it to flip. It works for Texas.

Some states it works being blue. They’re not growing, they’re not as fortunate with natural resources, and they rely on taxes to help out less fortunate.

Just because you’ve got looney toons going on in DC doesn’t mean we need to change local views to fit national agendas.

BTW, it happened. Sessions fired

shit%2BT6o7b13.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT