ADVERTISEMENT

Piss poor production

develman

MI Hall of Famer
Jun 27, 2001
Have any locals or otherwise heard the excuse for why chimps were producing the ESPN+ coverage? It is so basic to film with a camera and have audio. Keep the camera on the game and turn up the volume. Some of these chimps need a remedial course in "Do your job" 101. Any explanation at all? I heard post-game coverage on the ESPN600 app and the host excused it because it was the first game of the season and wouldn't get into it further, what a joke.

Have any locals or otherwise heard the excuse for why chimps were producing the ESPN+ coverage? It is so basic to film with a camera and have audio. Keep the camera on the game and turn up the volume. Some of these chimps need a remedial course in "Do your job" 101. Any explanation at all? I heard post-game coverage on the ESPN600 app and the host excused it because it was the first game of the season and wouldn't get into it further, what a joke.
Luckily there isn't another ESPN+ game for the rest of the season.

I had assumed that unless you're on a national broadcast that they used UTEP crew. Is that not the case?

In any event, the crew wasn't just chimps, it was chimps on LSD. I've done some live sound and camera work, and there's really no excuse for the level of incompetence on display there.

I also watched the UIW-UTEP women’s soccer game on Sunday and there was audio, but it was piss poor again. Commercials at 100% volume, game announcers at 15%.

I had assumed that unless you're on a national broadcast that they used UTEP crew. Is that not the case?

In any event, the crew wasn't just chimps, it was chimps on LSD. I've done some live sound and camera work, and there's really no excuse for the level of incompetence on display there.
I didn't see this particular game but it has been awful for both basketball and football games. It is like they have one camera man for the entire stadium and he has to run between cameras.

CUSA TV was awful as well. Luckily CUSA TV is dead.

Reactions: MINER.JAY
Well, that’s probably not true. Good chance the UNLV and WKU games are ESPN+ games. Along with MTSU, though UTEP won’t be producing that one
Atleast on the utep football schedule, they have those listed as ESPN family network. So hopefully that means an actual team from espn shows up to produce those games. If espn 3 still exists.

I'm just glad I won't have to spend the money to get espn+ this year for most of the games. The basketball team will suck again so I'll just listen to the games on the radio.

Atleast on the utep football schedule, they have those listed as ESPN family network. So hopefully that means an actual team from espn shows up to produce those games. If espn 3 still exists.

I'm just glad I won't have to spend the money to get espn+ this year for most of the games. The basketball team will suck again so I'll just listen to the games on the radio.
Yes, but those are just placeholders that ESPN owns the rights to air the game. Only 1 UTEP game has been upgraded to real TV (2021 vs UTSA), all the pending games will be on ESPN+ or ESPN3. Unless UTEP and their opponents have excellent records and ESPN has an open slot to air the game. Like they did in 2021 for UTSA.

Yes, but those are just placeholders that ESPN owns the rights to air the game. Only 1 UTEP game has been upgraded to real TV (2021 vs UTSA), all the pending games will be on ESPN+ or ESPN3. Unless UTEP and their opponents have excellent records and ESPN has an open slot to air the game. Like they did in 2021 for UTSA.
Hopefully it's not ESPN+. I'll just listen to the game on the radio because utep can't be trusted to produce it.

Since no one posted anything about the ESPN+ broadcast right away, I assumed it was only me who thought the broadcast was trash. Back in the day when the local stations used to carry the UTEP games it was a quality broadcast. Anyone remember the simulcast? No audio and poor camera work by ESPN+. My 8 year old grandson can take better video on his IPad.

Since no one posted anything about the ESPN+ broadcast right away, I assumed it was only me who thought the broadcast was trash. Back in the day when the local stations used to carry the UTEP games it was a quality broadcast. Anyone remember the simulcast? No audio and poor camera work by ESPN+. My 8 year old grandson can take better video on his IPad.
It was mentioned several times in the UIW game thread, right away too.

Maybe GECU can sponsor some cameramen/production crew since apparently that’s the only way to get people into the game and now possibly the only way to watch them at home. At least for espn+ games

Reactions: mikesarabia
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT