ADVERTISEMENT

President Wilson to announce Sun Bowl improvements

Sun Bowl ‘improvements’ just happened. Need an Indoor Practice Facility.

But I am super curious. She is as saying that they want to be a better venue for concerts.

Things I Would do.

- The East Side Stands. Chop off rows, reduce capacity, and create luxury Boxes.

- Jumbo Screen the length of the entire South End Zone.

- Tear out All bleacher seats and replace with folding seats with Drink holders.

- fill in South End Zone Seating. Bob Stull wanted this. Said end zone seating easiest to sell. Hardest to sell was high row seats mid field on East Side.

- LED lights. Long overdue

Sun Bowl ‘improvements’ just happened. Need an Indoor Practice Facility.

But I am super curious. She is as saying that they want to be a better venue for concerts.

Things I Would do.

- The East Side Stands. Chop off rows, reduce capacity, and create luxury Boxes.

- Jumbo Screen the length of the entire South End Zone.

- Tear out All bleacher seats and replace with folding seats with Drink holders.

- fill in South End Zone Seating. Bob Stull wanted this. Said end zone seating easiest to sell. Hardest to sell was high row seats mid field on East Side.

- LED lights. Long overdue
I think that’s gonna be a bit more than $10 million we did last time, which we struggled to fund.

All trolling aside 😝 can’t remember the exact year but went to the Durham Center to talk to Kugler and a few coaches during the spring/summer and UTEP was setting up a fundraising function for a bad ass south end zone renovation that Stull could never get full funding for. If I was betting, I’d bet a major south end zone renovation with luxury boxes and maybe new coaches offices are in the plans. Darby and Stull wouldn’t let me take pics, but the renderings were amazing. If you’ve seen Texas’ south end zone changes at DKR they are similar to what Stull was trying to do. Could be a game changer not only for UTEP and special events but for the Sun Bowl game too.I’m

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT