ADVERTISEMENT

Ross Puritty

Ross still owes me money for a plane ticket that I bought for him when he overslept and missed his flight back to El Paso after beating SDSU.

Ross always won his fights against much better fighters by not throwing many punches and making his opponents punch themselves out. I don't believe he was ever KO'd.

He was always great at seeing the weakness in his opponent and exposing it. His endurance and ability to take punishment because of his football career allowed him to take a fighter into deep water.

Then he got destroyed by Vitali
He tried to use the same strategy and tire out Vitali. Vitali was the better boxer of the 2. Better footwork, and much better conditioning. He was clearly outmatched. I believe the fight was stopped on a cut in the 11th round. Even with the beating, Vitali could not put Ross away. Ross was the modern day Chuck Wepner without the bleeding.

interesting to learn Purrity had a draw with a prime Tommy Morrison
Morrison was softened up by Bentt and declined slightly after that fight. He was knocked down twice by Ross, and really lost that fight. He also got sucked in and punched himself out, as he tried to be the first to TKO Ross. Bad strategy.

Reactions: MinerFan79
Morrison was softened up by Bentt and declined slightly after that fight. He was knocked down twice by Ross, and really lost that fight. He also got sucked in and punched himself out, as he tried to be the first to TKO Ross. Bad strategy.
Interesting. I’d like to see that fight

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT