ADVERTISEMENT

Roster Departures

UTEPDefense

MI Hall of Famer
Oct 8, 2002
Based on the new roster, it looks like we lost a few players from last year, but no potential starters. The primary players missing are: Andrew Nwachukwu, Shelden Benson, Julien Bowers, Kriston Davis, TK Powell, Jerrell Brown and of course Jensen Misaalefua. I thought that Bowers showed some potential and they had even talked about moving him to WR to use his more.

From our recent recruiting class, it’s hard to tell who is not listed simply because they might be blue shirts or grey shirts, but Armonie Brown is not listed and he was one of our highest ranked recruits, so that might be room for concern. Another signee not listed is Tre’jon Lewis. The other recruits not listed are likely due to being either blue shirts or grey shirts.

I also don’t see any other Grad Transfers besides Trussell, so apparently we didn’t get the Pac12/USC guy.

Reactions: Lil_Train
I think Powell and Misa were gone towards the end of last season. Too bad because we could have really used both guys. Nwachukwu is a surprise.

Tre'Jon Lewis must have switched his commitment after signing day because he has himself as a Texas Tech DE on his Twitter

Wow, you’re right. His twitter is all over Texas Tech. Last year we lost a Tackle to Nevada and a Punter to Washington State who were both players announced as signee’s on signing day, this year we have lost a DE to Texas Tech who was announced as signed. Are these players still being recruited by other schools even after they sign with us?

The good news is that Armonie appears to still have a lot of UTEP stuff, so maybe he is sitting out this year via grey shirt.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT