ADVERTISEMENT

Stephanie Rempe

jdubb66

MI Hall of Famer
Feb 10, 2009
Miner Rush podcast mentioned that she may be one of the favorites to replace Bob. Currently Deputy Director of Athletics at TAMU.

"At UTEP, Rempe oversaw volleyball, women's basketball, rifle, women's golf, softball, men's and women's indoor and outdoor track and field and cross country, women's tennis, women's soccer, cheerleaders, football internal operations, the NCAA Champs/Lifeskills Program, sports medicine center and the strength and conditioning program. Rempe functioned as the liaison between the WAC, NCAA and UTEP in conjunction with the Director of Athletics and Faculty Athletic Representative. She served on the WAC Council, the WAC Legislative Review Committee, the WAC Basketball Task Force and the WAC Student-Athlete Opportunity Fund Committee and was a member of the NCAA Peer Review Team. As a senior staff member she assisted in developing and presenting a balanced athletic budget and maintaining the athletic department strategic plan. Rempe assisted with each athletic arena's facility enhancements and functioned as the liaison between the athletic department staff, the architects and the contractors for the construction of the 65,000 square foot Larry K. Durham Sports Center, which opened in August 2002. She created and implemented a UTEP Athletic Hall of Fame Board and the inaugural UTEP Athletic Hall of Fame induction class in the fall of 2002, which will continue to recognize the strong tradition of UTEP Athletic history. She maintained the progress of the Gender Equity plan for athletics and oversaw the addition of softball as a UTEP sport. She has created a women's mentoring program for female student-athletes and implemented the National Girls and Women in Sports Celebration. She was the executive producer and co-host of a weekly television show, the Miner Sports Weekly. Overseeing student-athlete services, she created and oversaw the athletic department's SUCCESS/Life Skills program, which implements numerous programs for student-athletes that include academic enhancement and recognition, athletic enhancement, career planning, community outreach, diversity education and personal development."

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
Unless we hired the wife of Craig Thompson not one person can single handily influence a MW invitation. UTEP needs to hire the best candidate available.

If that AD can make good coaching hires and work the boosters to make major renovations to our facilities then the MW will come calling on their own.

Unless we hired the wife of Craig Thompson not one person can single handily influence a MW invitation. UTEP needs to hire the best candidate available.

If that AD can make good coaching hires and work the boosters to make major renovations to our facilities then the MW will come calling on their own.

That is certainly true, but having a strategic/long term plan for getting us out of CUSA should be towards the top of the list for any candidate, at least in my opinion. I probably should have just stated it that way.

That is certainly true, but having a strategic/long term plan for getting us out of CUSA should be towards the top of the list for any candidate, at least in my opinion. I probably should have just stated it that way.
I agree with you and I didn't intend my comment to be directed towards you. I've seen a couple of comments saying the new AD should have ties to the MW. This isn't runaway jury where one person can persuade 12 university presidents to vote UTEP into the MW.

I feel we should keep all our options open towards candidates. Not to automatically dismiss someone if they have no connections to the MW. In reality UTEP is the only one keeping themselves out of the MW. If we make bowl games, NCAA tournaments, improve facilities, and average better attendance we will be very high on the expansion list for when the next expansion wave hits.

MWC is fulllup. The only way we can join is if BYU joins or Hawaii goes full indy. BYU won't consider joining until their current TV deal is up, I believe in 2020.

Reactions: UTEPDefense
Hope they never leave CUSA! Living here in Virginia it's the only way I get to see them play. ODU/UTEP basketball games are intense!

MWC is fulllup. The only way we can join is if BYU joins or Hawaii goes full indy. BYU won't consider joining until their current TV deal is up, I believe in 2020.
Thats give our new AD and president 2.5 years to get shit turned around. The more splash the better.

Hey Chesapeake whereabouts in Virginia do you live? I live in northern VA and

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT