ADVERTISEMENT

What’s it going to take?

I think it’s a given that Dimel won’t be back. What are the advantages of a in-season firing? Unless you want an assistant to audition for the job. I think we only have 1 commitment, we are going to have an exodus of players.

I don’t see a point in doing it now when there are 14 days left.

Everyone wants something dramatic to happen but I guarantee that Dimel is gone before December 1 and UTEP will name a new Coach before Christmas

I think it’s a given that Dimel won’t be back. What are the advantages of a in-season firing? Unless you want an assistant to audition for the job. I think we only have 1 commitment, we are going to have an exodus of players.

Everyone wants something dramatic to happen but I guarantee that Dimel is gone before December 1 and UTEP will name a new Coach before Christmas
If you're just going to fire him at the end of the season any way, I don't see the point in keeping him for two lame duck games that mean nothing.

Reactions: Dmanminer

Here’s the thing. UTEP had the chance to fire Dimel after the LaTech game. They were 1-5, looked like total shit and had a bye week before FIU. Instead Senter kept him and the season has been like we expected after the LaTech game.

If he was fired, maybe they get to 6-6? Maybe they play better. Even if they would have finished 1-11, you at least send the message, that “it’s not good enough”. Like usual, it is good enough at UTEP.

Some of you claim that UTEP is a bad job. It’s not. Dimel is proof of that. You can coach for 6 years, accomplish nothing and not worry about losing your job when you start 1-5.

Here’s the thing. UTEP had the chance to fire Dimel after the LaTech game. They were 1-5, looked like total shit and had a bye week before FIU. Instead Senter kept him and the season has been like we expected after the LaTech game.

If he was fired, maybe they get to 6-6? Maybe they play better. Even if they would have finished 1-11, you at least send the message, that “it’s not good enough”. Like usual, it is good enough at UTEP.

Some of you claim that UTEP is a bad job. It’s not. Dimel is proof of that. You can coach for 6 years, accomplish nothing and not worry about losing your job when you start 1-5.

Exactly. The opportunity to make a statement passed. An interim coach when you have nothing to play for doesn’t make much sense.

If UTEP would have fired Dimel when you said, then you could have auditioned Peveto. The opportunity has come and gone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT