ADVERTISEMENT

Terry might be interim HC at UT

I know this is terrible and he should be fired, but we know that coaches typically get a second chance. Maybe Golding can bring Beard in as an assistant next season to help build himself back up. Either way, he must be the dumbest human on earth to do something like this when his team is having as good a season as they are.

Innocent until proven guilty, but if these accusations are true then Beard, while a great coach, is PoS human being. I hope that the victim is okay.

On the basketball front, if Terry is HC expect the Horns to continue bringing in great talent, but underperform expectations.

I know this is terrible and he should be fired, but we know that coaches typically get a second chance. Maybe Golding can bring Beard in as an assistant next season to help build himself back up. Either way, he must be the dumbest human on earth to do something like this when his team is having as good a season as they are.
Fans are calling for his dismissal immediately and not to mess around with this and I agree. However, his HC'ing and possibly working as an assistant in the college ranks in the U.S. are done.

It's UT, I'm sure they will find a way to sweep it under the rug... "no it was simply, a tap" not a strangulation. Rodney gets his shot! imagine, those odds? wow lol
Affairs get forgiven and sort of forgotten over time.

This is extremely serious. No rug sweeping on this one.

UT fans are very keen on Terry's sting here and will pop a vein and blow a lid if made permanent. No way he gets the HC job.

"The second-year Longhorns coach has been suspended by UT without pay "until further notice," according to a statement....According to Beard's affidavit, an officer responded to a 911 call at just after midnight and was met at the door by a woman who identified herself as Beard's fiancée. The woman told the officer that she and Beard had been upset with each other for several days over relationship issues. Asked by the officer if the argument turned physical, the woman, according to police, said yes...He just snapped on me and became super violent," she said, according to the affidavit.

The woman said she took Beard's reading glasses from his hand and broke them. Beard, she told police, then slapped her glasses from her face.

Then Beard, "choked me, threw me off the bed, bit me, bruises all over my leg, throwing me around, and going nuts" she said, according to the affidavit."

https://www.statesman.com/story/new...l-coach-charged-domestic-assault/69720219007/

Texas should fire Beard. Her words are on a police report and assault marks seen by officer.

NMSU should suspend Heiar. His stupidity is on a police report (but stupidity is not a crime).

Texas should fire Beard. Her words are on a police report and assault marks seen by officer.

NMSU should suspend Heiar. His stupidity is on a police report (but stupidity is not a crime).
Beard is toast.

Affairs get forgiven and sort of forgotten over time.

Are there any subjects you don’t claim to be an expert on?
Forgiveness is the beauty of being human.

Accountability is the step towards it.

You have to be out of your gourd to want to be a college coach. Not my words, their words (and I include Dimel and other former UTEP coaches).

Terry can recruit but he can’t coach. I’m sure UT will be looking elsewhere for a replacement if they let Beard go.
Terry did somehow manage to get Fresno St. to the Big Dance. Maybe the pure talent at Texas will be enough to carry him.

Reactions: FedupMiner
Innocent until proven guilty, but if these accusations are true then Beard, while a great coach, is PoS human being. I hope that the victim is okay.

On the basketball front, if Terry is HC expect the Horns to continue bringing in great talent, but underperform expectations.
We all know that "innocent until proven guilty" is legal jargon. It's a nice sentiment but I don't think anyone believes it

If Terry become permanent interim head coach…God help the Longhorns…seems Rice “handled them” better than the Miners. Terry will probably be back at St.Edwards next season. Beard should have known better or probably wishing he went on recruiting trip.

“hell hath no fury like a woman scorned”​

Beard's contact has a clause that being charged with a felony (which he already has been) is grounds for dismissal with cause. No need for trial or guilty verdict. Texas is in the clear to fire him. I am sure the lawyers and bean counters are just dotting the i and crossing the t and weighing how much are they willing to let Beard walk away with if he resigns versus taking the matter to court and all the legal fees associated with that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT