ADVERTISEMENT

That felt like a big win.

I have to agree with Feral. That “felt” like a big win. A must win for a bowl game, like you said, therefore a big win. Plus feeling like we were getting ****ed out of it made it seem bigger, too, imo.
I get you, but Boise was a big win if they make a bowl and win would be a big win, to me anyway. Needless to say, I'm glad the Offense made enough plays in the second half of the game to win. Dare I say halftime adjustments by Dimel?

I think this was a great win for the Miners because history has shown that we don’t do well after a bye week. The losses against Unm and la tech were hard to take. We shot ourselves in the foot and could not overcome. As I mentioned before, FAU has some pretty talented players, but suffer from being inconsistent. I liked the way the Miners responded after a lackluster first half. We needed that win to keep the momentum going and keep us in bowl contention. We need the team to continue building on today’s win and get us to our goal of a winning season and bowl game win.

Somewhere or somehow we are going to have give coaching credit. The Miners may not be the most athletic or entertainment value team, but this team has the ability to overcome adversity. Its one thing to win going away but when you win by overcoming mistakes and stupid calls by the officials and still come out ahead that is coaching. Damm I really want that UNM game back!

Somewhere or somehow we are going to have give coaching credit. The Miners may not be the most athletic or entertainment value team, but this team has the ability to overcome adversity. Its one thing to win going away but when you win by overcoming mistakes and stupid calls by the officials and still come out ahead that is coaching. Damm I really want that UNM game back!
I agree. His play calling kills me and they shoot themselves in the foot constantly, but if there’s one thing this guy has done he’s taught this team to fight and never give up. Few UTEP coaches have instilled that in their teams.

Can we get 2 more?
Considering that we play MT, who is on a 3 game losing streak, and the Miners are at home, there is a strong possibility we win that one.

A much improved Rice team will not be a gimme, but we “could” take that one.

FIU is another really good opportunity to get a dub.

I say we win two of those 3 to become bowl eligible.

On Hankins big run in the second half, the DB tripped him up with 2 fingers on his heal! Wish he could have scored on the run but it wasn't to be. Hankins has more speed than I first thought.

Considering that we play MT, who is on a 3 game losing streak, and the Miners are at home, there is a strong possibility we win that one.

A much improved Rice team will not be a gimme, but we “could” take that one.

FIU is another really good opportunity to get a dub.

I say we win two of those 3 to become bowl eligible.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. UTEP is a 2 point favorite on Saturday. No way that it's a "strong possibility" that they will win. It's a pretty even game.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. UTEP is a 2 point favorite on Saturday. No way that it's a "strong possibility" that they will win. It's a pretty even game.
I agree. These guys have impressed me with their heart but I still don’t know what this team’s identity is. Are they a bad team that plays up, or a good team that plays down? These score predictions are going to be all over the place. On one hand I can see UTEP getting a 7-10 point win because of the defense and run game. But then on the other hand I could absolute see them getting battered if they give up some easy points and the offense passes 40 times.

Reactions: denverutep
I have watched MTSU and they too are like FAU and UTEP: Neither can put a complete 4 quarter game together (I watched the MTSU vs Miami and they played a complete game much like UTEP did against Boise State and that's it; those great complete game showings have not showed up since for either school). MTSU can and will beat you deep and UTEP secondary got lucky on two deep balls that the wind clearly carried past FAU wr's. MTSU D is not so great. They have some big boys up front but so did FAU and the UTEP O line took control in the second half. UTEP secondary can not give up deep plays or it could get past them as UTEP averages just 21 points per game.

I have watched MTSU and they too are like FAU and UTEP: Neither can put a complete 4 quarter game together (I watched the MTSU vs Miami and they played a complete game much like UTEP did against Boise State and that's it; those great complete game showings have not showed up since for either school). MTSU can and will beat you deep and UTEP secondary got lucky on two deep balls that the wind clearly carried past FAU wr's. MTSU D is not so great. They have some big boys up front but so did FAU and the UTEP O line took control in the second half. UTEP secondary can not give up deep plays or it could get past them as UTEP averages just 21 points per game.
Sounds like you’re saying we need Prince to be reinstated just in time for this game

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT