ADVERTISEMENT

The Athletic: CUSA GoR signed plus Preview

It would just cost any CUSA team money to leave the conference. This is nowhere close to being the same as the ACCs GOR.
It would be an estimated 5 million exit fee. I don't think an invite is coming uteps way anytime soon anyways. I was wondering how CUSA pulled a better than expected media deal.

I like how an ODU fan stated [Reddit] about this deal:

“5/6 years makes sense. I was surprised any team in CUSA would want to be tied down to them. But 5/6 years is actually just to survive this crazy time period of realignment. So, if the AAC or MWC gets raided by the PAC-4 the CUSA teams are safe...for now.”

I like how an ODU fan stated [Reddit] about this deal:

“5/6 years makes sense. I was surprised any team in CUSA would want to be tied down to them. But 5/6 years is actually just to survive this crazy time period of realignment. So, if the AAC or MWC gets raided by the PAC-4 the CUSA teams are safe...for now.”

As per usual, you and that ODU fan have no clue about what you’re talking about. CUSA is in no way, “safe for now”. Any CUSA school would gladly pay up to $3.2M to get into the SBC or AAC. It’s chump change.

The only reason CUSA is “safe”, is because it’s full of sucky teams, not this GOR they signed.

As per usual, you and that ODU fan have no clue about what you’re talking about. CUSA is in no way, “safe for now”. Any CUSA school would gladly pay up to $3.2M to get into the SBC or AAC. It’s chump change.

The only reason CUSA is “safe”, is because it’s full of sucky teams, not this GOR they signed.
AAC loses one or two schools. They approach a CUSA school. “Want to join us and make close to 7 million a year?”

CUSA school. “No, I’m stuck in CUSA for the next five years. Sorry next time. Ask another school if they’re interested.”

AAC loses one or two schools. They approach a CUSA school. “Want to join us and make close to 7 million a year?”

CUSA school. “No, I’m stuck in CUSA for the next five years. Sorry next time. Ask another school if they’re interested.”
According to 2Step and ODU fan on Reddit, that is exactly the scenario that is keeping CUSA “safe”. LMAO

Reactions: JCorona
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT