ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP Dominates All Conference Picks

MinerFan79

MI VIP
Sep 19, 2020
Westlake, Texas
Only Liberty had as many:

Only Liberty had as many:

So we were second only to the undefeated conference champion in first team selections, and tied for second with the conference runner up in total selections, yet we only won two games in conference and only three overall. Wow, an outsider looking at this might assume that our coaching must have sucked. Oh, wait, they'd be right.

So we were second only to the undefeated conference champion in first team selections, and tied for second with the conference runner up in total selections, yet we only won two games in conference and only three overall. Wow, an outsider looking at this might assume that our coaching must have sucked. Oh, wait, they'd be right.
Unfortunately that sounds like a fair read on things. Yep

Reactions: 312MinerFan
It was because of injuries not coaching.

Guy's I hear people always clamouring about the "talent" on the football team, too which I say, I don't see it. I'm not an NFL scout but apart from a few diamonds in the rough, I don't see so much as to say Dimel recruited talented players at UTEP. Compared to Kugler, yes better players. Talented is relative to our point of view. Also, CUSA is a very watered-down league, which is even more of an indictment of how bad Dimel was.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT