ADVERTISEMENT

UNLV GAME THREAD

Am I the only one that thinks Gavin played well? I thought the Oline was atrocious. He was given no time to throw. Kid played well, Oline and defense choked.
I believe you may be the only one. Responding to your last post, we were playing catch up partially due to Hardison and his late 2nd half interception. Although he was flushed out of the pocket, he had all day to throw that ball…to throw it away. Instead of being a score down at the half, that int turned into 14 down. That was on him. I would never put it ALL on him, but he was definitely part of the reason we were playing from behind.

Playing from behind. Playing catch-up. Byers is missed more than people realize.
Wow a Hardison apologist. They still exist.

But that is a terrible excuse. Utep was only down by 14, not something like 28. The game was put out of reach due to Hardison. When you are within two scores, your decision making is even more important. He had a 45% completion percentage. Is it all his fault? No. But he did not play well.

Am I the only one that thinks Gavin played well? I thought the Oline was atrocious. He was given no time to throw. Kid played well, Oline and defense choked.

Yes, besides his parents and UTEP cheerleaders, you are the only one.

d6e.jpg

I don't know that Hardison played well, but this loss is more on the D than the O from what I can tell. Again, I did not watch this game, but it seems that the defense wasn't getting any stops and the O was playing catch-up the entire game.

He missed on some the throws that could have been big gains. Agree. On-line is not good at pass blocking at this time. RB 5 is fun to watch. LB 10 on defense is next level good.

UNLV is the best team we've played this year. They were fast and dynamic on offense. Need some discipline but very good.

UNLV is the best team we've played this year. They were fast and dynamic on offense. Need some discipline but very good.
Yep, and they did it with a freshman backup QB on the road. Of course, when you can run the ball at will, that takes a ton of pressure off of the QB. On the other side, UTEP's veteran offensive line was awful, especially in the first half. Once they went down two scores at half, it was pretty much over...which Dimel, himself, alluded to.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT