• 2-4

Votes: 22 57.9%
  • 0-1

Votes: 7 18.4%

• Total voters

KaneFan29

Starter
Jan 8, 2018
Let's assume that we will play 12 games as they are scheduled. La-Monroe is just a rumor but let's go with it. Try to be civil and stay on topic.

StephenFAustin
At Texas
Abilene Christian
At La-Monroe
At La Tech
Southern Mississippi
At Charlotte
UNT
FIU
At UTSA
UAB
At Rice

I see 4-8. Wins over SFA, Abilene, UAB and Rice.

Let's assume that we will play 12 games as they are scheduled. La-Monroe is just a rumor but let's go with it. Try to be civil and stay on topic.

StephenFAustin
At Texas
Abilene Christian
At La-Monroe
At La Tech
Southern Mississippi
At Charlotte
UNT
FIU
At UTSA
UAB
At Rice

A win over UAB would be fun

2 should be the bare minimum and even then that would be an absolute disaster because they should beat FCS schools by year 3.

Setting that bar high, huh? I don’t disagree with you. Terrible we should be in a position where in year 3 of a coaching stint, instead of a bowl game (6+ wins) being the bare minimum, 2 wins with 2 FCS teams on the schedule is the bare minimum.

Setting that bar high, huh? I don’t disagree with you. Terrible we should be in a position where in year 3 of a coaching stint, instead of a bowl game (6+ wins) being the bare minimum, 2 wins with 2 FCS teams on the schedule is the bare minimum.
Sad

I don’t want to sound like the pessimist, but at the same time year after year I’ve seen posters on here say “UTEP will go to a bowl and win” and it hasn’t come close to happening. I agree that the rebuild is taking way too long and we need some real results in year 3, but there are still too many variables with this team. QB and D-Line are the biggest questions for me because if either one of those positions suck then our season is doomed. I don’t know if I trust any of the players on the roster to get the job done. Plus Dimel brought in A TON of JUCO players over the last couple of years and I don’t know if they’re going to have the impact he needs to turn this program around. Are we in a better position than 2 years ago?

StephenFAustin
At Texas
Abilene Christian
At La-Monroe
At La Tech
Southern Mississippi
At Charlotte
UNT
FIU
At UTSA
UAB
At Rice

UAB owns UTEP. Last win was at UAB when Price first got here. I think Jackson was RB? UAB was a mess I will not get into but it was before 'Bama boosters started getting involved in their internal athletic department.

I don’t want to sound like the pessimist, but at the same time year after year I’ve seen posters on here say “UTEP will go to a bowl and win” and it hasn’t come close to happening. I agree that the rebuild is taking way too long and we need some real results in year 3, but there are still too many variables with this team. QB and D-Line are the biggest questions for me because if either one of those positions suck then our season is doomed. I don’t know if I trust any of the players on the roster to get the job done. Plus Dimel brought in A TON of JUCO players over the last couple of years and I don’t know if they’re going to have the impact he needs to turn this program around. Are we in a better position than 2 years ago?

I agree with pretty much everything you said. It’s why I have us with 2 wins.

To answer your question, I’m not sure yet if we’re in a better position. I’d like to think so, but UTEP fb rarely comes up short in regards to disappointing the fan base.

I certainly can’t imagine squeaking out anything over 3 wins, with 2 being more realistic, imo.

Reactions: Lil_Train
0-12. This is UTEP football under Dana Dimel, expect the worst.

I don’t think it’s 100% likely they will go 0-12. It’s possible. I just can’t pick them to lose against SFA out the gate. If they lose that one and get destroyed by Texas, then I may pick against them vs ACU.[/QUOTE]

Who’s the early HC names we should look at?

Will anyone want this job?

My choice would be Brian Bohannon the head coach at Kennesaw State. Their program is only five years old and they're 48-15. They've never had a losing season. The last three years they've finished in the top ten in the final FCS poll. Hes a disciple of Paul Johnson and runs the triple option. I've always thought we should run the triple option. I' think thats the best offense for the program. I think Bohannon would be a home run.

Throwing out Texas game and seeing what Hardison and Hankins along with Garrett and Cowing starting to look like Johnny Lee Higgins, I can see UTEP winning two CUSA games @ USM and @ UTSA. USM is not the same USM who ran the score up on UTEP the last two years and the UTSA UTEP match up is a flip flop weird matchup: The visitor plays better. Maybe Rice but UTEP always struggles @ Rice.

So you're not even giving me them the win against Abilene Christian? That's interesting
NO, as my first comment on this thread stated I have no faith in UTEP football, I need them to show me a win then, and only then will I predict that game as a win. Yes after the fact. UTEP football has earned such skepticism and more.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT