ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP Fans The Raiders of College Basketball

That's what I was thinking. Like all other stories on El Paso and UTEP they just don't do their homework. Now don't get me wrong...if it was true I'd put that in my trophy case.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
The football games under Price were way more hostile, especially when people people were drunk from tailgating all day.

Reactions: minermx07
I think of our crowd as old, subdued, traditional, and knowledgeable.

It really gets to me when opposing fans don't know what's going on in the games. Our fans know.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Suprising since we havent had had anything that resembles a rowdy student section since the Fili Tofi and OT days.

I think of our crowd as old, subdued, traditional, and knowledgeable.

It really gets to me when opposing fans don't know what's going on in the games. Our fans know.
I will never forget the fans ticket holders screaming at Bohanon “Get lower!!” when he was trying to post up near the free thow line.

I rarely see our fans stand up. I haven't seen a fight in the stands in about 20 years. Our season ticket holders are a calm and older bunch who casually sit and respect the game. I do remember a few people boozing in the early 90s, but that's about it. Our student section has become nearly non-existent.

Football fans were way worse. I saw UTEP fans dump their drinks on a Tulsa fan who did nothing but cheer his team on. And not in an obnoxious way. Just sat there and clapped for his team. People ran up the rows to flip him off and scream “F*ck you!!” to his face when The Miners won and then some guys came from behind and threw their drinks on him. That’s obnoxious behavior. Plus let’s not forget that massive tailgate rumble in the mid 2000s that probably killed it for people tailgating from Friday night to Monday morning.

The last time Miner fans made me proud was that group that held the "Fire Tim Floyd" sign.

Yes, Miner hoop fans are knowledgeable.

Reactions: UTEPfan1966
In the 90s I did see fraternity members and other fans boozed up at games. Today the student section is about 20 calm students looking at their phones. I really doubt whoever wrote this article has even been to a game anytime recently

What about Texas Tech fans? Marcus Smart tried to fight some fan who was yelling at him. You know that guy had to have crossed the line.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT