ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP Football 2020 Schedule Released

If they lose the NMSU game, would be a perfect time to fire Dismel during the bye week.

Nevada could be winnable
NMSU is winnable
Maybe UTSA and Rice

Other than that, for sure losses. 1-11 or 0-12

Reactions: Dmanminer
I remember the epic Texas Tech game that went down to the wire some years back, that had the Sun Bowl and 50+ thousand rocking!!!! Next year will not be that to say the least!

Does Dimel finish the season? I don’t think so. But then again he didn’t fire his coordinators so he may be able to buy himself a little bit of time.

Does Dimel finish the season? I don’t think so. But then again he didn’t fire his coordinators so he may be able to buy himself a little bit of time.
If he wins less than 3 games next season then Senter needs to bite the bullet. 3-9 I could see UTEP keeping him the 4th year.

I remember the epic Texas Tech game that went down to the wire some years back, that had the Sun Bowl and 50+ thousand rocking!!!! Next year will not be that to say the least!

The last time they came 2014 we would have beat if not for showers trying to prove a point to kingsbury. There were only 33,000 people there.

We'll be lucky to get 23,000 in September.

For shits and giggles but there is no doubt in my mind Marshall wants to avoid UTEP like the plague. A decade has now passed and no Marshall? Makes absolutely no sense but I'm sure CUSA front office has a good excuse.

"HUNTINGTON, W.Va. -- Tron Martinez gained a career-high 116 yards and scored on a 1-yard plunge with 1:47 remaining to give Marshall a 16-12 victory over UTEP on Saturday.

Martinez's score, the first of his career, was set up by a personal foul penalty on the Miners. The Thundering Herd (2-6, 1/3 Conference USA) appeared to tie the score at 12 on Tyler Warner's 19-yard field goal with just under 2 minutes to play. But Warner was knocked over on the attempt, and Marshall got the ball back. Martinez scored on the next play.

UTEP (5-4, 2-4) led 12-7 after Kris Adams caught a 23-yard TD pass from Trevor Vittatoe. The Miners opted to go for the two-point conversion, but the play backfired. Donald Brown intercepted Vittatoe's pass and returned it 100 yards for a two-point PAT return, making the score 12-9 with 5:25 left.

The Thundering Herd then marched 56 yards in 10 plays to take the lead."

https://www.espn.co.uk/college-football/recap?gameId=303030276

giphy.gif

If Dismel couldn't beat any FBS teams this season, he sure as hell won't beat any FBS teams next season. Unfortunately, Dismel is going to get at least 4 years here.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
I’ll pay to feed the visiting teams all they can eat at Chico’s Tacos the night before each home game.

Are we ever gonna see football success in our lifetimes? I’m in my 30s and I may never see a damn UTEP bowl win before I die in my 140s!

I'm in the same age bracket as you and I want the same thing. I was 4 years old the last time UTEP won a game in the NCAA Tournament, so I want to experience that as well. It seems like we are light years ahead to see that happening.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
The last time they came 2014 we would have beat if not for showers trying to prove a point to kingsbury. There were only 33,000 people there.

We'll be lucky to get 23,000 in September.
The one I was thinking about was even before that. The one you are talking about I remember Jones running all over them, that was a fun game too.

We stood no chance that year.

Miners stand no chance when playing a power conference team. They haven’t beat one since 1967 and I don’t think they’ve ever won away from home. It’s an automatic L when they play a ACC, SEC, Big 10, Big 12, or Pac-12 team.

Miners stand no chance when playing a power conference team. They haven’t beat one since 1967 and I don’t think they’ve ever won away from home. It’s an automatic L when they play a ACC, SEC, Big 10, Big 12, or Pac-12 team.
I say losing by three in 06 and four points in 14 equals standing a chance.

I say losing by three in 06 and four points in 14 equals standing a chance.

Okay, that’s your opinion. I believe they will lose no matter what and that will not change until they finally beat one. This years team stands no chance versus Tech and UT.

I honestly could see us going winless. Surely an opponent has to have a boneheaded game though, right?
#96 TX El Paso 6.7 [penalties per game]https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/penalties-per-game

#94 UTEP 12 5 5 10 6 8 14 -4 -0.33 [Turnover margins]

#106 UTEP 12 162 57 .352 [3rd Down Conversion Pct]

#104 UTEP 12 330 177 8 2292 6.95 12.95 9 191.0 [Passing]

#116 UTEP 12 768 3950 5.14 27 329.2 ]Total Offense]

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/21/p3

If Dimel would stop with the bullshit narrative of "This is a total rebuild" that he has local sports media spewing the past twenty four hours and specifically tell ticket holders how he will improve on discipline and efficiency to bring up those numbers would be nice. Just raising the 3rd down conversion percentage is good for three to four games because that keeps the offense on field longer with greater chances to get at least three points on the board.

Okay, that’s your opinion. I believe they will lose no matter what and that will not change until they finally beat one. This years team stands no chance versus Tech and UT.
It’s not an opinion it’s a fact. If a team is in position to win the game in the last minutes of the 4th quarter then that means they stood a chance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT