ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP has to get one of these

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...-throne-remarkable-hoops-dynasty?platform=amp

Or figure out how to copy that model.
El Paso and Spokane are similar: stuck in the middle of nowhere and yet Gonzaga knows the formula to winning. UTEP should get with the program and follow the Gonzaga formula. Or at least try. A good start would be getting a real and good AD.

Everyone says they want to copy Gonzaga, here’s an article about how cliche it has become: https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-how-can-we-become-the-next-gonzaga/99877592/

UTEP should emulate NMSU, who gets to the tournament every year and won a bowl game. UTEP should try and win a game in the NCAAs like conference mates MTSU, UAB, and Marshall have done. Following the Gonzaga formula is impossible and been tried by everyone else.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
Everyone says they want to copy Gonzaga, here’s an article about how cliche it has become: https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-how-can-we-become-the-next-gonzaga/99877592/

UTEP should emulate NMSU, who gets to the tournament every year and won a bowl game. UTEP should try and win a game in the NCAAs like conference mates MTSU, UAB, and Marshall have done. Following the Gonzaga formula is impossible and been tried by everyone else.

Fvck those sheep humping aggroids.

I just received a phone call from the UTEP Athletics asking me if I wanted to renew my football season tickets. I politely told them "No thanks, I'm tired of all the losing and the humiliation. I wont be supporting your football or basketball athletics programs until they improve." Enough is Enough.
Last year I purchased four season tickets for my kids and I. I attended all but one football game alone as I couldn't drag my kids or wife with me to attend the games.

EVERY WIN MAKES A DIFFERENCE!

Last edited:
Gonzaga's model is pretty simple. Their athletic department is committed to winning. Gonzaga has been able to keep one of the best HC's in the country and his top assistant at Gonzaga for 21 seasons. If an athletic department is committed to winning, they do what it takes to win. At UTEP, mediocracy is acceptable and look at our results over the past 10 years.

SandyRipeFreshwatereel-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: utep-piggy
I just received a phone call from the UTEP Athletics asking me if I wanted to renew my football season tickets. I politely told them "No thanks, I'm tired of all the losing and the humiliation. I wont be supporting your football or basketball athletics programs until they improve." Enough is Enough.
Last year I purchased four season tickets for my kids and I. I attended all but one football game alone as I couldn't drag my kids or wife with me to attend the games.

EVERY WIN MAKES A DIFFERENCE!

Good for you. If more people did this, maybe UTEP would get it and realize they can’t keep feeding us shit.

You mean the school that is now getting a new stadium and is 100 times better than they were previously?

Sign me up for shutting down UTEP football for 2 years to have a way better team when they come back
There’s no guarantee of that. We can’t get people to buy $14 tickets and you really think the city will rally together and raise over 60 million?

There’s no guarantee of that. We can’t get people to buy $14 tickets and you really think the city will rally together and raise over 60 million?

UTEP doesn’t give a reason for people to buy $14 tickets. Are you suggesting all $14 tickets should be sold out for each and every game, no matter of UTEPs performance?

UTEP doesn’t give a reason for people to buy $14 tickets. Are you suggesting all $14 tickets should be sold out for each and every game, no matter of UTEPs performance?
No, I’m suggesting people don’t give $14 to go see a game, but you’re telling me they’re going to all of a sudden start donating when there’s no games to attend.

Yeah right.

No, I’m suggesting people don’t give $14 to go see a game, but you’re telling me they’re going to all of a sudden start donating when there’s no games to attend.

Yeah right.

Again, UTEP is not giving them a reason to spend $14 or more for a ticket. If UTEP dropped football, like UAB, maybe they could raise $60 million, but I wouldn’t hold your breath. Each year UTEP gives its fans the middle finger, I wouldn’t expect most people to donate to them. They don’t deserve it.

Even NMSU fans know how shitty the wac is. They would trade both nuts to be in cusa.
Never, ever give dos cajones for something like that. They already threw women equestrian sports under the bus to save football and when presidents or AD's from a another conference go over invitations I'm sure that has to play in.

Even NMSU fans know how shitty the wac is. They would trade both nuts to be in cusa.

Wow, could you find 2 bigger nobodies to use for your example? 2 cousins with a combined 24 followers are the best fans you can find?

I’m sure some NMSU fans would rather be in CUSA. I really doubt they would be trading their nuts to play Marshall and Southern Miss.

Wow, could you find 2 bigger nobodies to use for your example? 2 cousins with a combined 24 followers are the best fans you can find?

I’m sure some NMSU fans would rather be in CUSA. I really doubt they would be trading their nuts to play Marshall and Southern Miss.

Every single NMSU basketball game can be seen online for free. They have a great rival and go the NCAA Tournament on a regular basis. They do well with attendance. I am sure they are satisfied with being in the WAC.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
Every single NMSU basketball game can be seen online for free. They have a great rival and go the NCAA Tournament on a regular basis. They do well with attendance. I am sure they are satisfied with being in the WAC.

There’s no doubt NMSU is not excited about playing D2 move ups and bottom D1 teams when they were playing Fresno, Utah St, and Nevada a few years ago. However, they have continued to win and bested UTEP, despite having less resources.

NMSU being successful is one of the reasons why UTEP sucking hurts so much

If you dont think they would give they would jump at the oppurtunity to play USM and Marshall you're nuts or trying to troll people. Those two schools have 1000 times more name recognition than all the schools in the WAC combined.

NMSU is not in the WAC by choice.

If you dont think they would give they would jump at the oppurtunity to play USM and Marshall you're nuts or trying to troll people. Those two schools have 1000 times more name recognition than all the schools in the WAC combined.

Most people couldn't tell you anything about USM and Marshall and GCU and Cal Baptist. Both leagues are crap. NMSU has a great rival, has great attendance, and goes to the NCAA Tournament on a regular basis. What would be their benefit to be in CUSA?

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992

Those schools do on the east coast, you think anyone in California gives a **** about USM and Marshall? Maybe NMSU would, mostly for football scheduling purposes. If they didn’t have football, they would want to stay in the WAC over CUSA. Football drives the bus, so they probably would, but not because of the names of Marshall and Southern Miss.

Being basketball only, it would be a no-brainer to remain in the WAC. 1 NCAA unit split between 9 teams is better than 1 split between 14 teams.

Most people couldn't tell you anything about USM and Marshall and GCU and Cal Baptist. Both leagues are crap. NMSU has a great rival, has great attendance, and goes to the NCAA Tournament on a regular basis. What would be their benefit to be in CUSA?

I could tell you 2 things. Both GCU and CBU have nicer, newer, better arenas than USM and Marshall. They also have higher attendance than those 2 “name” schools. NMSU can win in those 2 places, but UTEP consistently loses to FAU/FIU in front of 500 people.

Yeah, you and your other handle

Reactions: unihorn
Those schools do on the east coast, you think anyone in California gives a **** about USM and Marshall? Maybe NMSU would, mostly for football scheduling purposes. If they didn’t have football, they would want to stay in the WAC over CUSA. Football drives the bus, so they probably would, but not because of the names of Marshall and Southern Miss.

Being basketball only, it would be a no-brainer to remain in the WAC. 1 NCAA unit split between 9 teams is better than 1 split between 14 teams.

This is nothing more than a troll thread. Moving to The WAC would be apocalyptic for UTEP. NMSU doesnt want to be there. There is no publicity no money no future.

This is nothing more than a troll thread. Moving to The WAC would be apocalyptic for UTEP. NMSU doesnt want to be there. There is no publicity no money no future.

I haven’t even mentioned anything about UTEP leaving CUSA on this thread. All you guys that think CUSA is SOOOOOOOOOO much better than the WAC, are not in touch with reality.

I haven’t even mentioned anything about UTEP leaving CUSA on this thread. All you guys that think CUSA is SOOOOOOOOOO much better than the WAC, are not in touch with reality.

We play FBS football. The WAC doesnt sponsor football. As an overall conference CUSA is much better than the WAC. As for basketball it's pretty close a one bid league for the most part is a one bid league. Every few years CUSA does have a pretty good program ie MTSU and UAB. The WAC has never produced teams that have won the the tourney.

Marshall has won more ncaat games than all of the wac teams combined have since they joined the wac. So I agree with you NMSU don’t want to challenge themselves and play real basketball schools.

Reactions: picks up
We play FBS football. The WAC doesnt sponsor football. As an overall conference CUSA is much better than the WAC. As for basketball it's pretty close a one bid league for the most part is a one bid league. Every few years CUSA does have a pretty good program ie MTSU and UAB. The WAC has never produced teams that have won the the tourney.

And when has CUSA had a team that won the tourney?

Again, we are comparing two crap leagues.

Marshall has won more ncaat games than all of the wac teams combined have done since they joined the wac. So I agree with you NMSU don’t want to challenge themselves and play real basketball schools.

LOL They beat ranked teams. I don't think they are scared of playing FAU and FIU, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT