ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP Hockey

Minerforlife

MI Hall of Famer
Sep 11, 2013
The UTEP hockey club plays their first home games this weekend. There is alot of interest in UTEP hockey. They have sold quite a few season tickets. El Paso has a thriving hockey community. While junior soccer teams have failed spectacularly, junior hockey has been a roaring success. The El Paso Rhinos are the most successful, best run and best supported junior hockey club in the United States.The UTEP hockey club will be very successful and could easily be added to UTEP's sports lineup in a few years.

In the short term hockey could speed up the return of UTEP baseball. Adding womens hockey would fulfill the title nine scholarships needed to add baseball. Instead of adding two womens sports we would only have to add womens hockey. We already have the infrastructure in place to add womens hockey.

The city should work with Cory Herman, he is one of the best young entrepreneurs in the city. If the city cant convince UTEP to move in to the new arena, they will have no tennant . The only thing they could put in the arena and fill it up other than UTEP hoops is an AHL team. Mountain Star sports should buy an AHL team and let Cory Herman run it. It would be a huge success, as successful as the chihuahuas. I dont support UTEP moving any sports off campus, I hope they get an AHL team its a win win situation for the city and UTEP.

Last edited:
UTEP's hockey team is terrible. What have they achieved? Even though they are 3-1 in their extremely short existence, that one loss was against Texas St. Texas St! WTF? The head coach should be fired and a young up and comer given a chance. Until they make the Frozen Four, I will not be a believer.

In all seriousness, I'm glad this sport is now at UTEP. There really is no better sport to watch live (except for UTEP Basketball). I wish the Miners Hockey team all the luck in the world, and I hope it catches on and its popularity continues to grow.

Cowarding out from what??? Going to a bar to meet some weirdo brokeback guy from the internet I have never met is not cowering out, its a very smart decision. That has disaster written all over it. You will slip something in my drink and its all over from there for me. Like I said, I don't go on blind dates with other guys like you do.

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
I am not a hockey fan, but I wish them nothing but the best. I think baseball would be very successful for UTEP and hope something happens in the near future.

Stull has been very adamant that baseball will not be revived at UTEP while he is athletic director due to Title IX and the athletic budget.

The UTEP hockey club plays their first home games this weekend. There is alot of interest in UTEP hockey. They have sold quite a few season tickets. El Paso has a thriving hockey community. While junior soccer teams have failed spectacularly, junior hockey has been a roaring success. The El Paso Rhinos are the most successful, best run and best supported junior hockey club in the United States.The UTEP hockey club will be very successful and could easily be added to UTEP's sports lineup in a few years.

In the short term hockey could speed up the return of UTEP baseball. Adding womens hockey would fulfill the title nine scholarships needed to add baseball. Instead of adding two womens sports we would only have to add womens hockey. We already have the infrastructure in place to add womens hockey.

The city should work with Cory Herman, he is one of the best young entrepreneurs in the city. If the city cant convince UTEP to move in to the new arena, they will have no tennant . The only thing they could put in the arena and fill it up other than UTEP hoops is an AHL team. Mountain Star sports should buy an AHL team and let Cory Herman run it. It would be a huge success, as successful as the chihuahuas. I dont support UTEP moving any sports off campus, I hope they get an AHL team its a win win situation for the city and UTEP.

I live in the desert southwest, I don't care about hockey. How many places in el paso can I go work on my hockey game.

Reactions: PositivelyPete
Stull has been very adamant that baseball will not be revived at UTEP while he is athletic director due to Title IX and the athletic budget.

That was his attitude when he was starting out. It has changed now he has said baseball will be added it just has to be done in financially responsible way. They are looking to add womens sports to make it possible.

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
I really wanted baseball but now that we have the Chihuahuas coupled with the fact that the MLS thing didn't come through, I wouldn't mind if they added men's soccer first.

Everone above is talking about naked or topeless woman's beach volleyball and you have to change it and want men's soccer. You truly are brokeback. I know you want to see guys running around in short shorts.
Only two people were talking about women's topless volleyball...FACT. Boy, for a so-called fact man, your skills suck.

Reactions: randaddyMiner
Cowarding out from what??? Going to a bar to meet some weirdo brokeback guy from the internet I have never met is not cowering out, its a very smart decision. That has disaster written all over it. You will slip something in my drink and its all over from there for me. Like I said, I don't go on blind dates with other guys like you do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT