ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP vs OU

I’ve been in memorial during the brunt of summer, that really is good rare thing to look on.

Assessment

Ballard needs to be in starting rotation. Smith is inconsistent.

Flores is GOAT. He is no Cowing but he gets it done. Lunch pail player.

Dimel is banking the season on Hardison’s arm. Low level bowl is the goal, not a conference title challenge. This should be unacceptable.

Is Hankins our future? The Parkland HS phenom lit up Texas HS sats. Other than the SFA game he has not been a difference maker but secures the ball much better.

Cowing is gone. He will light up Arizona stats. Let’s move on (Fili), please!

Dimel is clock control. Until his contract dries up its ‘22 and ‘23 reality. 5-6 game losses in a season are reality.

Dimel can recruit good JUCO’s and knows “Texas HS football” (his Kansas St ties) but can he coach up (after 5 years)? Resounding No!

Dimel abandons the run to early.

Defensive line is not as dominant as expectations expected; however, they show no quit. They showed no quit this afternoon nor against UNT after getting gashed 2 weeks in a row. They line up and fought on. This will be needed in October and November.

UTEP will conquer New Mexico. Rocky will not blitz Hardison nor will Kill next week. Hardison will smoke them. But future games beyond is another story. They both are rebuilding and Dimel has oh so slight an edge.

Before the season opening debacle I thought UTEP would be more competitive vs OU but after the loss to UNT and that 1st qtr today, I thought OU would score 80 on the Miners.

Disappointed but looking forward to the 99th version of our rivalry with the Aggies.

Reactions: utep2step
Assessment

Ballard needs to be in starting rotation. Smith is inconsistent.

Flores is GOAT. He is no Cowing but he gets it done. Lunch pail player.

Dimel is banking the season on Hardison’s arm. Low level bowl is the goal, not a conference title challenge. This should be unacceptable.

Is Hankins our future? The Parkland HS phenom lit up Texas HS sats. Other than the SFA game he has not been a difference maker but secures the ball much better.

Cowing is gone. He will light up Arizona stats. Let’s move on (Fili), please!

Dimel is clock control. Until his contract dries up its ‘22 and ‘23 reality. 5-6 game losses in a season are reality.

Dimel can recruit good JUCO’s and knows “Texas HS football” (his Kansas St ties) but can he coach up (after 5 years)? Resounding No!

Dimel abandons the run to early.

Defensive line is not as dominant as expectations expected; however, they show no quit. They showed no quit this afternoon nor against UNT after getting gashed 2 weeks in a row. They line up and fought on. This will be needed in October and November.

UTEP will conquer New Mexico. Rocky will not blitz Hardison nor will Kill next week. Hardison will smoke them. But future games beyond is another story. They both are rebuilding and Dimel has oh so slight an edge.
You missed the secondary. #32 gave up zero catches and they tried to attack him on a couple of plays. It forced the QB to hold onto the ball and resulted in 2 sacks. You man is only a redshirt freshman.

I know. I hope not. Not trying to be a downer. But the better he does, the shinier the gem. The shinier the gem, the easier to see the gem. Sucks, but that’s how it seems to be now.
You're not wrong. I don't blame the young men for doing what's best for them. I just hope that UTEP can put themselves in a place to keep some of our coveted players.

Reactions: MinerFan79
Elsewhere....
SMU buried UNT. No contest.
Rice clobbered by USC
UTSA gave Houston a huge scare.

Watching Boise v OSU. Mistake ridden by Boise but this a very fierce rivalry and OSU in their new stadium and fans are high on that (OSU up 14 early) that good weed.

BSU qb forces the ball big time but their tempo is faster than OU. Sad part, UTEP plays one on one d. Boise O line struggling big time with basic 4 rush package.

Watching Boise v OSU. Mistake ridden by Boise but this a very fierce rivalry and OSU in their new stadium and fans are high on that (OSU up 14 early) that good weed.

Wrong as usual. Stadium isn’t done being renovated and it’s the same one they have played in since the 50s. Even says on the sidelines next September.

BSU qb forces the ball big time but their tempo is faster than OU. Sad part, UTEP plays one on one d. Boise O line struggling big time with basic 4 rush package.
Bryan Harsin is gone. Boise may no longer be Boise

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT