ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP vs OU

Not a huge line person, but how is the line only 30?
New coach and coordinators for the Sooners. They lost 68% of their production on offense and 60% on defense. They lost a lot in the portal and replenished by the portal. I believe 55 players in uniform tommorow will be playing their first game with the Sooners. The Sooners should be fine I think the coaching change was a rare one where it was a win for both schools. Riley is great for USC and Venerables is much better fit than Riley in Oklahoma. They may have some first game glitches but I don't see a Dimel offense moving the ball against a Venerables defense. Two years ago a bad soft finesse Texas squad embarrassed Dimel. OU is going to be one five most physical teams in the country. The only intrigue with OU is the marriage of a Venerables defense and Lebby's offense. Historically high paced wide open spread offenses damage their own defenses because they're on the field so much. I imagine Lebby will have to slow down his tempo to accommodate the defense.

Reactions: Rot
I think Dimel makes no attempt to win this game. Offensive play calling will be very conservative, running the ball whenever possible to keep the clock rolling in order to minimize the humiliation and injuries.

I'm going to be beyond pissed if that's the case. This team needs to play with some f****** pride. If they lay down in this game Dimel is should stay in Oklahoma. There are alot of schools who thrive in these situations, Troy and UAB come to mind. I'm tired of seeing this team roll over like a bunch p******. They need to have some pride man up and compete. I don't expect them to win tommorow but I do expect them to play with pride and play to win. We need to see heart and effort tommorow.

Reactions: MinerManiac
I'm going to be beyond pissed if that's the case. This team needs to play with some f****** pride. If they lay down in this game Dimel is should stay in Oklahoma. There are alot of schools who thrive in these situations, Troy and UAB come to mind. I'm tired of seeing this team roll over like a bunch p******. They need to have some pride man up and compete. I don't expect them to win tommorow but I do expect them to play with pride and play to win. We need to see heart and effort tommorow.
It's going to happen. That's what Dimel does.

It's going to happen. That's what Dimel does.
Probably so. I'm in Oklahoma for the the game. I had planned on being here when this was supposed to be the opener
After last week I really thought about not making the trip but I did. I'm still pissed about last week and hoping I don't have to sit through an embarrassing blood bath but that's what it's probably going to be.

Probably so. I'm in Oklahoma for the the game. I had planned on being here when this was supposed to be the opener
After last week I really thought about not making the trip but I did. I'm still pissed about last week and hoping I don't have to sit through an embarrassing blood bath but that's what it's probably going to be.
I admire your dedication sir and thank your for being there representing

Reactions: TxRdKiller
I remember a Mike Price coached UTEP
team almost beating Oklahoma

Reactions: denverutep

91° F Mostly 🌞

I wouldn’t say we almost won, but we were in it for 3 full quarters. 10-7 going into the 4th.

An injury to Jeffrey put a halt to any offensive movement we had. I can’t imagine we’ll ever play them that close again.
If I remember, Price went for that stupid fake punt deep in his own end of the field and was stopped short. Always questioned his choices, just as when he continued to go for 2, early in the games, and then had to chase the points later.

Why do people say dont play the starters to avoid injuries? Like the backups wont get hurt either??

If I remember, Price went for that stupid fake punt deep in his own end of the field and was stopped short. Always questioned his choices, just as when he continued to go for 2, early in the games, and then had to chase the points later.
Yep, that’s about how it went. Not sure why he went for it in that situation cuz we were still in the game. I do think it was after Jeffrey went down and Price was feeling desperate.

We had about 250 yards of total offense that game, and Jeffrey had 175+ by himself. He almost single handed my kept us in the game…at least on the offensive side of the ball. Defense played pretty damn good too.

New coach and coordinators for the Sooners. They lost 68% of their production on offense and 60% on defense. They lost a lot in the portal and replenished by the portal. I believe 55 players in uniform tommorow will be playing their first game with the Sooners. The Sooners should be fine I think the coaching change was a rare one where it was a win for both schools. Riley is great for USC and Venerables is much better fit than Riley in Oklahoma. They may have some first game glitches but I don't see a Dimel offense moving the ball against a Venerables defense. Two years ago a bad soft finesse Texas squad embarrassed Dimel. OU is going to be one five most physical teams in the country. The only intrigue with OU is the marriage of a Venerables defense and Lebby's offense. Historically high paced wide open spread offenses damage their own defenses because they're on the field so much. I imagine Lebby will have to slow down his tempo to accommodate the defense.
Wrong re: the line.

I'm tired of seeing this team roll over like a bunch p******. They need to have some pride man up and compete.

I dunno, man. I mean, Betty White herself said, “Why do people say, ‘Grow some balls’? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really wanna get tough, grow a vagina. Those things really take a pounding!”

I think maybe our guys *should* play like a bunch of pvssies.

I wouldn’t say we almost won, but we were in it for 3 full quarters. 10-7 going into the 4th.

An injury to Jeffrey put a halt to any offensive movement we had. I can’t imagine we’ll ever play them that close again.
That’s exactly right it was 10-7 in the 4th. They were either #3 or 4 in the country. Nathan Jeffrey was having a banner night and the crowd was very into the game. It was pretty wild.

Yeah we definitely didn't almost win, but it was 14-7 in the 4th. So by far the most competitive we've ever been.
Little clarification. It was never 14-7 but rather at about the 10 minute mark in the 4th, OU went up 17-7, and didn’t score again until the final 3 minutes of the game. I’m with you in regards to the point you were making tho.

Little clarification. It was never 14-7 but rather at about the 10 minute mark in the 4th, OU went up 17-7, and didn’t score again until the final 3 minutes of the game. I’m with you in regards to the point you were making tho.
So 10-7 even close before they went up 17-7? I just recall watching and saying "Holy Crap, Utep's still has a chance" lol

Can someone take Dimel’s/Hardison play calling and give it to a Vladimir Putin henchman? It needs tossed out the window because it doesn’t work.

I did what I never thought I'd ever do. I took the spread against Utep Oklahoma -30.5 😔 Maybe it'll mean good luck for the Miners lol

Reactions: MinerInWisconsin
Perhaps, with Dimel on the sideline due to his injury... Calls will be better? Or is that simply, wishful thinking?
I know he was injured and thought he might have to be in the press box but he will be on the sidelines like always.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT