ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP vs UNM

It is not old. They are showing UTEP as 2-0 because the ENMU and New Mexico Highlands games do not count towards RPI since they are both D2 schools.
Forgot about that
giphy.gif

Reactions: RanDaddyBinks
Alas, the NCAA doesn't use the RPI for men's basketball anymore. They use a new (as of last season) ranking called the NET, and we don't know yet how we're ranked there.

Kevin Nixon. Fluke shot that I saw live, unfortunately
The ODU game where Wilms clearly had tip in was questionable. ODU players were a holes about it. At least UNM players did not appear to raise holy hell.

The ODU game where Wilms clearly had tip in was questionable. ODU players were a holes about it. At least UNM players did not appear to raise holy hell.

I remember it the other way around when fans started throwing things at the ODU players.

They were told to f off and flipped off. I sit right next to the student section and have since the Don was built and I was in middle school.

So they just went to the student section and told them to F off? The students didn't say anything before that?

Thanks for the information.

I remember it well. The Wilms tip in looked clear by the replay. According to word released later the clock was started too late, but this was NOT revealed at the Don. When the refs waved off the shot the ODU players walked onto the court and gestured to the student section to bring it on. They literally asked for it and students started throwing the aluminum beer bottles and plastic cups. From there the players acted surprised and the announcement was made that anyone throwing objects onto the court would be removed.... which didn't make a bit of difference because the game was over.

I was on the court itself when objects started flying. Ugly scene.

JaQuan Lyle was being a bit of a jerk but was upset that the shot didn't count. He knew it well before the replay and was punching the press table by section W

When the refs waved off the shot the ODU players walked onto the court and gestured to the student section to bring it on. They literally asked for it and students started throwing the aluminum beer bottles and plastic cups.

I was on the court itself when objects started flying. Ugly scene.

Did they flip off the students? You're telling me the students didn't say anything to the ODU players before they gestured to the students to bring it on?

You have floor seats?

Of course the students talk shit to the opposing team throughout the entire game. Have you ever sat in a student section?

Reactions: minerfan_14
Alas, the NCAA doesn't use the RPI for men's basketball anymore. They use a new (as of last season) ranking called the NET, and we don't know yet how we're ranked there.

The new system is designed so that mid major at large bids dont exist.

Anyway, the new UTEP President really gets into the games. I think she way more into sports than Natalicio

Of course the students talk shit to the opposing team throughout the entire game. Have you ever sat in a student section?

I haven't been a student in about 10 years. Thanks for proving my point. ODU's actions weren't unprovoked.

The new system is designed so that mid major at large bids dont exist.

WCC had 1 at-large last year
American had 3
Ohio Valley had 1
A10 had 1
MWC had 1

Belmont got in and their best OOC wins were vs MTSU, WKU, and at UCLA. How do you explain them getting in, if the NET was created to eliminate mid-major bids?

Reactions: Autograph Boy
I haven't been a student in about 10 years. Thanks for proving my point. ODU's actions weren't unprovoked.
This is dumb. Thousands of games occur throughout the year where students hackle opposing players. Rarely if ever do the players taunt back. It’s part of the game. It’s alright in your mind everything is always UTEPs fault.

Reactions: USAFminersfan
This is dumb. Thousands of games occur throughout the year where students hackle opposing players. Rarely if ever do the players taunt back. It’s part of the game. It’s alright in your mind everything is always UTEPs fault.

Players taunt back. Whether it's telling the crowd to quiet down when they make a shot or pointing up to the scoreboard when the opposing team is winning. It happens a lot.

I was just wondering what warranted those stupid fans to throw things into the court.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT