ADVERTISEMENT

UTSA vs UTEP

Cube Jack

MI Hall of Famer
Mar 10, 2006
El Paso, TX
Are you going to any of the 4 games?

I'll be at both home games myself. Hoping our men and women sweep all 4 games.

UTSA 55
Good guys 81
Total blowout. Attendance 3,320

On the women's side in San Antonio:
UTSA 60
Our real ladies 68
Attendance 45 (no, really)

Reactions: TxRdKiller
Due to varying reasons, the Roadrunners are down to eight scholarship players heading into the match-up with the Miners. Jordan Ivy-Curry (15.1 points per game) and Jacob Germany (13.7 ppg) pace the attack. Germany (6.5 rpg) has also gotten after it on the glass. The Roadrunners are under the direction of sixth-year head coach Steve Henson (86-90). They are the top offensive rebounding team in Conference USA and rate third nationally (14.6 orpg) in the department. Overall UTSA secures 40.4 rebounds per game (first C-USA/24th NCAA). It is also among the league and national leaders for fewest personal fouls per game (14.9-fourth/63rd).

ESPN has the Miners as a 14 point favorite. The Roadrunners must be really bad
"UTSA is averaging 68 points per game while giving up an average of 72. The team is shooting a woeful 38% from the field and has hit 104 3pt field goals on the season. The Roadrunners opponents are shooting the ball at a 45% clip and have hit 147 3pt field goals. Poor shooting is the only major weakness for the under .500 Roadrunners. They are a strong rebounding team, protect the basketball relatively well at only 12 turnovers per game and average 13 free throws per contest. UTSA will have to create better shots against UTEP to pull off its first Conference USA win."

https://winnersandwhiners.com/games/ncaab/1-20-2022/utsa-vs-utep-prediction-2550/

Other than the USM game, which was a total arse whooping I enjoyed watching given USM's total disrespect of UTEP over the years (and I include Doc Sadler years), UTEP has trouble against struggling opponents. I hope to be wrong.

Reactions: MinerFan79
I use to play pickup at UTSA back in the day. Had some epic battles.

UTEP 80
UTSA 68

Last UTSA game I attended a lot of people showed up to support local Brandeis HS product, UTEP player, Kobe McGee. Couple with the strong UTEP fan support, the HS gym UTSA calls home was almost a home game for UTEP...that they went on to loose...

OK, so which Miner team shows up tonight? the one that wins by 14 or struggles to win by one in over time?
I think the Miners come out red hot again tonight and win going away. Big time effort by the Miners.
80 to 55..
biggest crowd for the season at 6,800 and leaving wanting more..

Reactions: groundrounds
Onyema doesn’t leave anything to chance. He stuffs that shit down. Wish we had a couple bigs who played more like him.

Verhoeven’s beautiful block negated by Boum’s need to force shit! Went 1 on 3 into the paint.

Other than that SB has had a helluva game so far.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Fouling a 3 point shooter is never smart. Foiling Boum shooting a 3 is especially stupid

If you're going to commit an offensive foul better make sure the defender feels it!

A 7 - 0 run by a poor shooting team after we finally tie it up. Hopefully we play a much better 2nd half on both sides of the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT