ADVERTISEMENT

What about Phil Johnson

FiliUTEP

MI Miner Maniac
Feb 1, 2010
what if he turns it around.
What would he have to do to get the job Full Time?

what if he turns it around.
What would he have to do to get the job Full Time?
Top 2 in C-USA, win the conference tournament, show well in the NCAA game. He needs to recruit a 4-star center and keep the best players. I would also like him to lay out a 2 year plan as to how exactly he is going to bring this program to the forfront of C-USA.

Personally, I am so sick of recruits not showing up and/or leaving our program unexpectedly under this current coaching staff. Now Trey Wade’s brother tweets that he will be leaving next year also. Maybe our current coaching staff’s old school style and their older age has a lot to do with that, maybe it doesn’t, but regardless it’s happened too much under them and I say let’s give someone else a chance to see if they can relate better.

Hell no. Look at his SJSU record. He has accomplished nothing and is just another version of Tim Floyd. Is this a troll post?
Nope. I agree. I really think its best we start over. He is not going to the things I mentioned anyway. I was trying to make it too difficult for him.

But just theoretically, even if he makes a run in the NCAA, I would still let him go. It will just make it easier to attract a better coach. Everybody would be shitting their pants if we made a run though.

Reactions: ShovelMan66
The guy wins one lousy game and you're going to give him the keys to this "ramfla"? Estas loco?

Nobody is giving him anything. I just asked what he would have to do to get the Job. Utep showed last year they could get hot in conference play. Thats how bad CUSA has been. Maybe Phil Johnson has other ideas than Floyd. I rather have a new coach and start over. But the question does need to be asked.

Nobody is giving him anything. I just asked what he would have to do to get the Job. Utep showed last year they could get hot in conference play. Thats how bad CUSA has been. Maybe Phil Johnson has other ideas than Floyd. I rather have a new coach and start over. But the question does need to be asked.
Win the National Championship.

I like Phil Johnson, but I think the new AD would want to put his stamp on the department by hiring one of 'his guys.' Floyd and Kugler leaving made it easier for him to start fresh.

Did Hamilton and Spight play here? Hunter played 2 seasons and didn't accomplish anything. Jackson was here 4 years and I would take his UTEP career over Hunter's any day of the week.

Not sure what you're trying to prove, especially since Isaac and Andre didn't even play here. Didn't know you get credit for "almost".

Reactions: El Paso 777
Floyd signed up better talent than Doc, no doubt. You can argue who showed up and what he was able to get them to do all day but Floyd brought in and signed up higher ranked players.

All that being said the main man and best recruiter was Barbee. Oh how I miss that POS.We all knew he hated EPT and we didnt care much for him but god damn could the man recruit.

Did Hamilton and Spight play here? Hunter played 2 seasons and didn't accomplish anything. Jackson was here 4 years and I would take his UTEP career over Hunter's any day of the week.

Not sure what you're trying to prove, especially since Isaac and Andre didn't even play here. Didn't know you get credit for "almost".

My original comment was about recruiting. My original question was about which recruitment class you would rather have. I am not trying to prove anything. I tried to get a simple answer.

Reactions: kappasigmaminer
Makes no sense, but whatever you say. I want to be a car salesman and tell my boss about all the people I almost got to buy a car. I will be really successful with your logic. Thanks.

Reactions: El Paso 777
No logic. No discussion. It was one simple question. The question was which recruiting class you would go with. Everything else is another matter. Going with the original question. I’d pick Floyd’s 2013 class over any of Doc’s.

No logic. No discussion. It was one simple question. The question was which recruiting class you would go with. Everything else is another matter. Going with the original question. I’d pick Floyd’s 2013 class over any of Doc’s.

It doesn't matter if Floyd has the #1 ranked recruiting class. If they don't show up to play it means nothing.

It may mean nothing in another discussion. This was a simple question.

Would you rather have any of Doc’s classes or Floyd’s?

Myself, I’d pick Floyd’s 2013 class.

I would choose any class over Floy's because too many of Floyd's players never showed up.

Who were the great UTEP players that were in the 2013 class?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT