ADVERTISEMENT

Where's Omega?????

We've got two squeaky wins over Div 2 squads. I know you Floyd haters are lovin this, but since I'm a hoops fanatic and a Miner fanatic as well; I hope they can figure it out. I don't desire a long agonizing season. Just noticed in the stats that Fairbanks took an unbelievable 41 threes. Don't think I've ever seen that before.

We've got two squeaky wins over Div 2 squads. I know you Floyd haters are lovin this, but since I'm a hoops fanatic and a Miner fanatic as well; I hope they can figure it out. I don't desire a long agonizing season. Just noticed in the stats that Fairbanks took an unbelievable 41 threes. Don't think I've ever seen that before.

I'm a Floyd dis-liker and I'm not liking this at all.

Have always said, I was a Miner fan before Floyd was ever around.

UTEP > Floyd

Reactions: develman and UTEP05

Floyd haters don't love when UTEP barely beats a D2 school, we are just very frustrated.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Maybe my memory is short, but this is possibly the worst team I've ever seen at UTEP. We have a few players, but nothing that can overcome our sheer lack of depth and experience at so many positions.

Floyd has ran this program into the ground. Been saying it for years, but his exodus can't come soon enough

It's nice that, before we've even played a single regular season game, Floyd is already effing with the players' heads. It's always seemed to work in the past.

Reactions: UTEP05

Happens every year. The D2 and d3 look to not only collect a check, but this is there only legit chance to measure their talent and team against better talent, so they play lights out, game of their life ball. UTEP has played giant killer themselves under Floyd. It's conference play that I think will expose UTEP's lack of depth.

Reactions: UTEP05
Maybe my memory is short, but this is possibly the worst team I've ever seen at UTEP. We have a few players, but nothing that can overcome our sheer lack of depth and experience at so many positions.

Floyd has ran this program into the ground. Been saying it for years, but his exodus can't come soon enough
Nope, 6 win team first year of Gillespie and 10 win team I think under Barbee

Based on what?

Drove in from Waco for a day to drop someone off and just happened to be able to catch the game and I just like what I saw.... I just really liked Paul Thomas and then with the addition of kelvin jones and Wilma combined our defense should be vastly improved-- I mean you look at yesterday's game that other team at one point in the second half was shooting like 37 percent-- utep has just got to close out on the 3 or line better, however that has always been a problem with floyds teams so I don't expect drastic improvement there...but I would rather have a team try to beat me from 3 than from inside..... That and we have good guards and good guards drive good teams.... And honestly I really liked some of the new guys..... The one problem I had is flaggert that guy drives me up the wall.... He is a good shooter that rarely shoots and is a defensive liability don't understand why he gets sooo much time.... I think it may be rough at the start but I think we are gonna be much better than people think....

I understand the frustration as the Miners struggle with lower competition but I don't think there is a lack of experience but a lack of depth, certainly. With Winn, Artis, Harris and Wilms, that's a lot of experience. Touchet and Thomas have at least played some and Thomas shows a lot of promise. Jones looks to be very good in time. If this team does not achieve post season this year then it's on the coach. I think we are all tired of waiting for that to happen.

Of the new guys, overall, I really liked what I saw out of Chris Barnes yesterday. We knew he was an athletic guy, but he also showed some court awareness and the ability to get his own shot. We will miss that with the departures of Morris and Moore. He did make some mistakes, but I did like his overall aggressiveness on the offensive end.

It will be interesting how many guys we sign in the early signing period coming up. If all the committed guys end up signing, then many of this year's freshmen could be playing for a spot on next years team.

Anyone know who the guy was on crutches then?? I might be the only one but I think by the end of the year Paul Thomas will be one of our best players .... Really like what I see from him

I really hope all of you optimistic people are right and we have a great team. I just don't see it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT