ADVERTISEMENT

Willms already hurt?

My hunch, why risk him over an exhibition. I know he needs playing time, but it's not like he's a rookie.

Reactions: Cube Jack
Fugg! Poor kid. I can only imagine the frustration he's experiencing.

Not sure he's ever going to be healthy enough to make an impact. Feel bad for the guy.

I think the second tweet is about K. Jones?

Possibly, and that would make sense. But at the bottom of the second tweet, he included the blue link and when you click on that blue link he is referencing the first tweet about Wilms(not his previous Tweet about K. jones), which leads one to believe that it is about Willms.

Reactions: unihorn
Possibly, and that would make sense. But at the bottom of the second tweet, he included the blue link and when you click on that blue link he is referencing the first tweet about Wilms(not his previous Tweet about K. jones), which leads one to believe that it is about Willms.

Confusing, could be either way.

Reactions: UTEPDefense
From UTEP Athletics:

The Miners were without Matt Willms, who is battling a stress reaction in his foot and out for a minimum of one week, and freshman guard Deon Barrett, who sat out for violating team rules.

About a month's worth of practice and already hurting. Not looking good at all for Matt. At this point I don't know, I mean hold him out until conference play? Last 8 minutes of each half? Just throwing things out there.

I was hoping to see Deon Barrett. He's is small. Only about 5-5 or 5-6. But I hear is lightning quick.

Damn, what a shame. If it's hurting again already after the LONG break in playing, this isn't good at all for him. or us...
I thought he looked pretty good in the scrimmage. But it seemed like he was limping a bit near the end, I just figured I was reading into it too much...bleh...

According to the Times the pain for Wilms is in the same foot that was injured but not the same area of the foot that he had surgery on. In his heel this time.

I feel bad for him and hope he can play this season but Floyd knew Wilms had injury issues and should have recruited a JC big man to help.

Last edited:
I feel bead for the kid, but it's on Floyd why we haven't gotten a good Post Player who can contribute right away. He's had 2 years to do so. Jones is a project, and not ready yet. It's 100% on Floyd for being hard headed!!!

Jones will be fine. Stamina will be an issue for the first part of the season. Fouling will be an issue probably all year. HUGE upside....all kids are projects out of high school. We aren't Duke.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT