ADVERTISEMENT

With the Bye Week great chance for 2 biggest weapons to get healthy!

TenaciousD

Rookie
Jun 28, 2001
El Paso, TX
Good timing for Hardison and Tyrin Smith to heal up with their mystery injuries. This way they can help the team down the stretch. There is 1,000% NO DOUBT in my mind that these are real injuries. Yes, granted UTEP wont disclose the nature of the injury or if surgery is needed or doctor's timeline, and we know the media would not ask more probing questions. Putting that aside, these guys love playing for UTEP and in no way, no way, (One more time no way) they are trying to preserve a redshirt year and hit that portal.

So looking forward to this offense clicking these last 2 weeks, especially against the #3 toughest schedule among schools in the Mountain time zone with a losing record, and averaged less than 12,000 fans in their last home game ,while losing 3 straight at home.

Good timing for Hardison and Tyrin Smith to heal up with their mystery injuries. This way they can help the team down the stretch. There is 1,000% NO DOUBT in my mind that these are real injuries. Yes, granted UTEP wont disclose the nature of the injury or if surgery is needed or doctor's timeline, and we know the media would not ask more probing questions. Putting that aside, these guys love playing for UTEP and in no way, no way, (One more time no way) they are trying to preserve a redshirt year and hit that portal.

So looking forward to this offense clicking these last 2 weeks, especially against the #3 toughest schedule among schools in the Mountain time zone with a losing record, and averaged less than 12,000 fans in their last home game ,while losing 3 straight at home.
100% agree. Smith loves UTEP so much that he came back... TWICE! We are so lucky to have these guys.

Last edited:

images

Wonder who will take on Tyrin next year. He only lasted a couple days at Texas A&M before he realized how hard it is going to be to see the field. Maybe he will make it a whole week at North Texas or where ever he transfers to.

Hardison hit five already so he can’t redshirt unless he pushes for a waiver. he’s played six years already so I doubt he gets it

Tyrin’s definitely going for that redshirt+transfer combo.

Hardison hit five already so he can’t redshirt unless he pushes for a waiver. he’s played six years already so I doubt he gets it

Tyrin’s definitely going for that redshirt+transfer combo.
He may get it. There were some given a waiver but the deck is somewhat stacked because the NCAA is a Pez dispenser waiver factory and trying to change that post Covid. Wasn’t there a CUSA player who had like 7-8 year history? There is a current NC State player who has 7.

This is closely related to your previous post and highlights another compelling reason to appreciate Coach Dimel.

With the season now guaranteed to conclude against Liberty and nothing but pride left to play for, there are no longer any incentives for players like Smith or any one else to risk injury, jeopardizing their prospects for future transfers. Dimel's genuine concern for his players and their futures takes precedence over his win/loss record. He has relieved his players of the pressure to return, allowing them to focus on healing and preparing strong power point presentations for the schools they aim to join.

Dimel unquestionably merits a return for his seventh year. What a nice guy!

He may get it. There were some given a waiver but the deck is somewhat stacked because the NCAA is a Pez dispenser waiver factory and trying to change that post Covid. Wasn’t there a CUSA player who had like 7-8 year history? There is a current NC State player who has 7.
Assuming he graduates, which was supposedly his reason for returning to UTEP, Smith will not need a waiver to be eligible next year. It is likely he will receive more NIL money for essentially playing one year of football (assuming he doesn't end up "hurt" next year). He will have gotten paid by three separate NILs.

Assuming he graduates, which was supposedly his reason for returning to UTEP, Smith will not need a waiver to be eligible next year. It is likely he will receive more NIL money for essentially playing one year of football (assuming he doesn't end up "hurt" next year). He will have gotten paid by three separate NILs.
Is there a doctor keeping him out? Is the reason he isn't playing because a doctor says he's not healthy enough to play?

If he doesn't have a doctor's note, kick him off the damned team.

Reactions: shyminer81
Is there a doctor keeping him out? Is the reason he isn't playing because a doctor says he's not healthy enough to play?

If he doesn't have a doctor's note, kick him off the damned team.
The NCAA allows athletes to self redshirt if they choose. The decision is up to the player. Another example is a guy like Ezell Jolly, who also played this year, but the plan from the beginning was to only play him in 4 games. He isn't injuried, but the decision was made to gain some playing experience, but retain the year of eligibility.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
I’d bet my ass they are gonna win againist Liberty and buy retard Parcells another year. ****ing count on it.

F U C K UTEP!
Where in the hell did that come from? Lol. I like it and could play out, but unexpected.😝

The NCAA allows athletes to self redshirt if they choose. The decision is up to the player. Another example is a guy like Ezell Jolly, who also played this year, but the plan from the beginning was to only play him in 4 games. He isn't injuried, but the decision was made to gain some playing experience, but retain the year of eligibility.
Does that apply equally to redshirts and "medical" redshirts?

If a player takes a normal redshirt year, that makes sense. But I thought medical redshirts were only granted for medical reasons.

He already took a redshirt season, or so I thought, since the UTEP athletics site called him a redshirt junior for 2022:

https://utepminers.com/sports/football/roster/tyrin-smith/10678

So I thought this would have to be a medical redshirt.

Reactions: kickballpro
This is closely related to your previous post and highlights another compelling reason to appreciate Coach Dimel.

With the season now guaranteed to conclude against Liberty and nothing but pride left to play for, there are no longer any incentives for players like Smith or any one else to risk injury, jeopardizing their prospects for future transfers. Dimel's genuine concern for his players and their futures takes precedence over his win/loss record. He has relieved his players of the pressure to return, allowing them to focus on healing and preparing strong power point presentations for the schools they aim to join.

Dimel unquestionably merits a return for his seventh year. What a nice guy!
But what about time of possession!?

Does that apply equally to redshirts and "medical" redshirts?

If a player takes a normal redshirt year, that makes sense. But I thought medical redshirts were only granted for medical reasons.

He already took a redshirt season, or so I thought, since the UTEP athletics site called him a redshirt junior for 2022:

https://utepminers.com/sports/football/roster/tyrin-smith/10678

So I thought this would have to be a medical redshirt.
You make a good point, but I think in Smith's case, he redshirted in JC, and came to UTEP as a sophomore. I don't that jc redshirt counts against him. Honestly, I kind of hope it does.

Wonder who will take on Tyrin next year. He only lasted a couple days at Texas A&M before he realized how hard it is going to be to see the field. Maybe he will make it a whole week at North Texas or where ever he transfers to.
He’s going to end up in Boulder.

He’s going to end up in Boulder.
It will just be like A&M all over again. They have some good WR’s already , a 4 star WR commit, and I’m sure a few good WR’s that are going to enter the portal to try and go there.

Last edited:
Where in the hell did that come from? Lol. I like it and could play out, but unexpected.😝
It’d be typical for UTEP. Lay a turd all year and look like a well oiled machine going into a meaningless game against the best team in the conf and buy Dismal another year. Or…

Wilson fires Senter and Dismal, rehires zombie Stull who rehires Sean Kugler who rehires that jailbreak screen off crd guy. Kugler sexually harasses a student is fired midway and zombie CMP comes back. This the kind of shit I expect dumbass UTEP to do. I’m tellin ya burn the mf down.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT