ADVERTISEMENT

Won't Be At the lat two games, will you?

nattybry

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 7, 2003
Scree that and that's not a knee jerk reaction, thats based on continued disappointments over and over from what was supposed to be a top 25 team lol "Hey Miners you just lost a 24 point lead to one of the worst teams in the country, where are you going this year?" Uhmm... CBI! No please just stay home, don't embarrass yourself or this proud fan base n e more at the end of this underachieving year! SORRY I'M PISSED!!!

Been going to games 27 years Next Question??? You haven't earned the right to get huffy and ask questions on this board like that yet, Sorry get some more posts under your belt first and try again next year, Good Day Sir don't make me more upset than I already am, I may grab your jersey and push you!

This post was edited on 2/28 9:17 PM by nattybry

Pony that response was for the new guy , holder something or other and I may just watch the senior appreciation ceremony then leave, I like Ced

We all know you are just an idiot trying to get reaction....so shut up already....

Been going to Miner basketball games for 30 years now. Have seen some good wins. Loved Floyd back in the 80s and 90s as I followed his career. I was ecstatic about his hire in 2010. Has not panned out how myself, or literally thousands of others expected it to. I am ready for him to leave. I feel like all momentum is calling for his departure. He is not the savior for UTEP bb. Some will hang onto the idea that he is. Many let go tonight. This is the beginning of the end of the Floyd era. Just my opinion.

This loss just brings out the true colors of many utep fans.....I want it, and I want it now.....or I am leaving.....utep is basically in the same position they were in before the night began the only difference is the next two games are a lot more important....we are still 3 wins from the ncaa tournament...all those that jump ship now please don't come back when floyd gets this place rolling! Go hide in your little corner when things get rough...

For those of you not going, can I have your tix? Seriously. I have four season tix and still usually have to buy three extra tix for different relatives that go with me.

Originally posted by PURPLEFIRE:
This loss just brings out the true colors of many utep fans.....I want it, and I want it now.....or I am leaving.....utep is basically in the same position they were in before the night began the only difference is the next two games are a lot more important....we are still 3 wins from the ncaa tournament...all those that jump ship now please don't come back when floyd gets this place rolling! Go hide in your little corner when things get rough...
What? That they are dissatisfied with the on court product? That they have been more than patient waiting for CTF to take a Miner team somewhere relevant? That they have yet to see an efficient offense over last 5 years? That a growing number of people find it difficult to believe in "next year" anymore? Any fan right now that is questioning things, has every right to do so. Every fan who is fed up with mediocrity and a team that tends to under perform has a right to voice the displeasure. If I lived in EP, I'd be at every game until the end personally, but I sure as hell would not judge anyone for choosing to not support the crap that has been served on a platter the last couple of outings, and a good portion of this season.

Reactions: LaserCoog
It is one thing to question (which I am doing right now) and another to not support..... Smaller schools like this can't afford to have their fans bail on them everytime things get rough....that's my point.... Did I think we would be farther along at this point?ummm Ya......am I dissapointed? You better believe it!!! But will I ever stop supporting my miners?? No way!! They can go 0-30 and I will yell at everyone in the Athletics dept but never stop supporting....

Reading through all the various threads, what is apparent is that you think that you are THE sensible one, as well are those who think along the same lines as you. You even said as much in another thread. Your perspective makes you no more of a fan than someone who chooses to stop supporting a sinking ship. You sound very noble, but one who recognizes Floyd's job depends on the dollars of a supportive fan base, and therefore chooses to withdraw that support in hopes of change and something better, is just as noble. Coming from somewhere in between these extremes is where I reside, therefore it's not too difficult to see the equal validity of either perspective.

Yes.

I will be there.

I am also unhappy with the recent results on the court, but I will go to support the players, especially the seniors who have played for us the last 4 years. They represent El Paso, and chose to make UTEP and El Paso their home during their college career.

I'll be there. (And F the TBleslie, Chi's and the rest of the trolls on this board that pretend that they are Miner fans.)

Originally posted by Vegasminer:
I'll be there. (And F the TBleslie, Chi's and the rest of the trolls on this board that pretend that they are Miner fans.)
Haha. You and I should have a sit down and it'll quickly become apparent what a real UTEP bb fan is. But you go on throwing your little unfounded assumptions internet tough guy.

I don't live in EP anymore...and haven't for a while. Does that exclude me from being a "real" fan? TV is as good as it gets for me, but MinerVision has to do the trick most of the time. When I am at a game, the couple I make a year, Section R, third row.

Originally posted by tbleslie:

Originally posted by Vegasminer:
Haha. You and I should have a sit down and it'll quickly become apparent what a real UTEP bb fan is. But you go on throwing your little unfounded assumptions internet tough guy.
I'll join you. People that use profanity against others on the Internet are normally wimps in "real life".

Not everything has to be escalated so much and we don't have to continuously question each other's fandom. Truth is, we are all crazy as heck and that is why we waste so much time on this board.

Now as for whether or not you should go, I am going on Saturday because its Senior Night and Washburn and Lang have been great Miners (Cooper, well, he never left and that's more than most players can say). However, if you don't want to subject yourself to more uneven/bad/frustrating play, I don't blame you.

Originally posted by nattybry:
Been going to games 27 years Next Question??? You haven't earned the right to get huffy and ask questions on this board like that yet, Sorry get some more posts under your belt first and try again next year, Good Day Sir don't make me more upset than I already am, I may grab your jersey and push you!

This post was edited on 2/28 9:17 PM by nattybry
This is just goofy, crybaby. Who cares if you're not going to anymore games. GTHOH...

Originally posted by nattybry:
Scree that and that's not a knee jerk reaction, thats based on continued disappointments over and over from what was supposed to be a top 25 team lol "Hey Miners you just lost a 24 point lead to one of the worst teams in the country, where are you going this year?" Uhmm... CBI! No please just stay home, don't embarrass yourself or this proud fan base n e more at the end of this underachieving year! SORRY I'M PISSED!!!
Yes I'll be there. Real fans stick with their team through the good times and the bad. What an embarrassing thread

Where do you get off telling anyone they "haven't earned the right" to question you? Members of this board don't give up their right to express their opinions or to question quasi-trolls claiming to be Miner fans. You're disappointed that the Miners blew a game they should have won? Welcome to the real world where things don't always go the way "fans" like you think they should. Stay home and sulk, babyfart. You will not be missed.

LMAO that was so last week, catch up sooner, your reply is no longer relevant sorry! I'm a Miner Fan not a troll and ill deal with losses how I see fit, so if I wanna have a knee jerk reaction to an atrocious loss I have the right just like other fans on this board did, but now it's 5 days later and ive cooled, so stop opening up the scab and stay current bro!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT