ADVERTISEMENT

Dick Vitale Castigates Texas Over Handling of Rodney Terry

RT had the health issue going on. His pops passed recently, maybe he knew something a while back. Dude loves steakhouses and his lady. Maybe he misses rubbing shoulders with Durant and Aldridge. ATX is easier to score Cartier eyeglasses.

In all seriousness, the dude earned major points for acknowledging and honoring Willie Cager first thing during his post game. Although, it was noted that my guy never said UTEP or Texas Western!

RT has done a nice job this year with top 10 talent and a coaching staff handed to him on a silver platter

Something tells me that 12-18 months after removing the "acting" he would be on the hot seat again (if not sooner)

Foolish to overlook 10 years of mediocrity as a head coach

That said- who else could texas get?

RT has done a nice job this year with top 10 talent and a coaching staff handed to him on a silver platter

Something tells me that 12-18 months after removing the "acting" he would be on the hot seat again (if not sooner)

Foolish to overlook 10 years of mediocrity as a head coach

That said- who else could texas get?
I think if he wins today he gets the job, if he doesn’t have it already. Crazy turnaround for CRT.

Terry blew this game. He’s a riverboat 3-ball gambler. Texas should have pounded it inside with Bishop and Mitchell down the stretch.

Reactions: MinerFan79
Beard is the walking goat of college basketball. The talent and basketball iq of his players are on another planet from any other college basketball program. It’s no comparison. All his guys have to do is show up and they’ll win.

The same couldn’t be said for Self’s system. He actually has to coach the players during the game for his team to win. Thats a small glimpse of how much better Beard’s system is than any other walking or dead HC. Terry doesn’t have to do anything during the game or leading up to the game cuz Beard already did all the coaching when he recruited the players.
As we all saw Terry pulled a Terry and blew a good lead in a very winnable game. The great talent at UT carried them this far in the tourney. As I stated before, Terry got out-coached by Larranaga. I have nothing against Terry, but Beard would have won this game. A leopard doesn’t change its spots.

As we all saw Terry pulled a Terry and blew a good lead in a very winnable game. The great talent at UT carried them this far in the tourney. As I stated before, Terry got out-coached by Larranaga. I have nothing against Terry, but Beard would have won this game. A leopard doesn’t change its spots.
Best comment yet…Props

Reactions: Rot
So Beard is better than Self? Why didn’t Kansas great talent carry them without their HC?

Nothing wrong with losing to Larrañaga. That’s your opinion man and that’s why they play the game.

Texas should never have fired Beard. Now they get a shit coach that will never take them to the postseason.

Say what you will but Texas folded to the pressure before due process. That.is.woke. Now they are effing screwed

Reactions: wj34 and MinerFan79
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT