ADVERTISEMENT

Dick Vitale Castigates Texas Over Handling of Rodney Terry

Miami is no pushover. They beat the #1 team in the nation by 14 points to get to the Elite 8. Terry did a good job this year. He ran into a very good team firing on all cylinders.

Last edited:
Wow. Right-wingers have so many uses for the word woke. Whatever fits their agenda I guess.

Woke (/ˈwoʊk/ WOHK) is an adjective derived from African-American Vernacular English (AAVE) meaning "alert to racial prejudice and discrimination".

You really think Terry will never take Texas to the NCAA Tournament?
Correct. Remember, Texas is headed to the SEC. Also, they are losing 5 of their top 6 scorers. No doubt RT will fill the roster with 4 and 5 star players because he is a good recruiter, and, well it's Texas.

Reactions: mikesarabia
Correct. Remember, Texas is headed to the SEC. Also, they are losing 5 of their top 6 scorers. No doubt RT will fill the roster with 4 and 5 star players because he is a good recruiter, and, well it's Texas.

I am sure Texas will be back in the NCAA Tournament next year.

Yes, I am very sure. Texas has an experienced coaching staff.
He’s a Terry hater. He also said Texas wouldn’t be in the top 25 by tournament time. Even after Terry proved him wrong he’s still on his hate campaign. Sad man.

Reactions: EPUTEP
He’s a Terry hater. He also said Texas wouldn’t be in the top 25 by tournament time. Even after Terry proved him wrong he’s still on his hate campaign. Sad man.
It's not even like that. Terry IS a bad coach. I underestimated the overall talent of the team to carry them far. Now that he has to build his own team, and run his own system, we will see the real CRT. You know, like we did here.

It's not even like that. Terry IS a bad coach. I underestimated the overall talent of the team to carry them far. Now that he has to build his own team, and run his own system, we will see the real CRT. You know, like we did here.
I believe in giving everyone credit the same way we dish out shit. We all expected him to fail but he didn’t. I give him props for this season and will hold any future judgment until it happens.

Reactions: EPUTEP
I believe in giving everyone credit the same way we dish out shit. We all expected him to fail but he didn’t. I give him props for this season and will hold any future judgment until it happens.
That's fair enough. However, holding a loaded team together doesn't warrant a HUGE ass contract at one of the most prestigious universities (sports wise) in the country.

WE complained about his coaching while he was here. I even met with Senter about it. (Senter justified the contract extension by using the improved APR) Most fans wanted him gone because he couldn't coach himself out of a box. I SAW Terry doing a Terry in that second half.
Meh...I hope he banks a good chunk of that money as I can see Horns nation calling for his head in less than 2 years.

Whateves

That's fair enough. However, holding a loaded team together doesn't warrant a HUGE ass contract at one of the most prestigious universities (sports wise) in the country.

WE complained about his coaching while he was here. I even met with Senter about it. (Senter justified the contract extension by using the improved APR) Most fans wanted him gone because he couldn't coach himself out of a box. I SAW Terry doing a Terry in that second half.
Meh...I hope he banks a good chunk of that money as I can see Horns nation calling for his head in less than 2 years.

Whateves
Bouncing over to football, I saw UTEP football had the second lowest APR in all of D1 in 2022. Curious how Senter/Wilson spin the academics angle as a make up for poor performance on the field. It is as if the two, winning and solid academics, are mutually exclusive when it is convenient.

Yeah, I can't imagine going through life being negative all the time and having hateful emotions.

Whateves
Who do you think Beard hired to load up the team?

I could care less what Texas does with the stockpile of excess cash. They could wipe their ass with it, or give it to the guy that has taken them the furthest since, well since the last time he was a coach at Texas.

At UTEP we always complain.

I’m proud our former HC is now the man at Texas. I wish him the best.

Terry tweaked Beard defense and brought team together that carried them to a conference tourney championship with a stiflingly defense.

Reactions: T-6 Miner
He got all those players in spite of Beard who was holding them back

And pay no attention to beards 70% d1 win rate
Terrys 53% is far more impressive
Right. It can only be one way or the other. Either beard did it all alone or Terry did it all alone. Let’s forget they worked together to build the team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT