ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Cowboys

Love my Bucs but their secondary have been sketchy all year and the division was weak and WR Evans can’t do it all with a lack luster run game. Eagles have self destructed so look for Baker Mayfield to revamp his limping career on primetime TV. He’s been waiting for this moment.

Rams vs Lions is going to be a great game but “Jerrah”, aka-Skeletor, will have his refs steal the show and weekend highlights.

Miami is fun to watch but Tua is the Dak Prescott of the AFC, he chokes.

Reactions: Rocketsr
Because of the self destruction of the Eagles, unless there is a major choke job by the Cowboys, they should advance to the NFC Championship game against the 49ers where they will then meet their demise.

It will most likely be Cowboys vs Lions in the divisional playoff after the Packers. The Lions will have their chance at revenge but the Cowboys on turf, and at home are good enough to beat them even with their high rate of penalties. This will not be the case on the road and on grass against an exceptional team in the 49ers.

Making it to the Championship will give Jerry the motivation to sign McCarthy and Dak extensions. (Personally I think Dallas should hire Harbaugh or Belichick (Disciplinarians) and move on from Dak), I am positive this will happen.

In Dak's defense, with a terrible running game, he still has not thrown the interceptions he usually has in the past. I have to say he has had a better year than I expected him to have. He will get his real test against the 49ers and will see if he can carry the team on his back. This will be another chance to right his ship with another defining moment.

Unless he brings 30 year old Tom Brady with him, hell no to Belichick.
He has done better with less than any other coach. Yes, he had Brady, but who else? Can you imagine what he could do with the talent on the Cowboys? Real talent?

The Cowboys have a discipline problem that haunts them when it shows up against very good teams, and the playoffs.

He has done better with less than any other coach. Yes, he had Brady, but who else? Can you imagine what he could do with the talent on the Cowboys? Real talent?

The Cowboys have a discipline problem that haunts them when it shows up against very good teams, and the playoffs.
Better with less? Highly debatable.

He's 20 games under .500 without Brady. He's 71. Sorry, hard pass for me. Don't care if he's a HOFer or not.

Because of the self destruction of the Eagles, unless there is a major choke job by the Cowboys, they should advance to the NFC Championship game against the 49ers where they will then meet their demise.

It will most likely be Cowboys vs Lions in the divisional playoff after the Packers. The Lions will have their chance at revenge but the Cowboys on turf, and at home are good enough to beat them even with their high rate of penalties. This will not be the case on the road and on grass against an exceptional team in the 49ers.

Making it to the Championship will give Jerry the motivation to sign McCarthy and Dak extensions. (Personally I think Dallas should hire Harbaugh or Belichick (Disciplinarians) and move on from Dak), I am positive this will happen.

In Dak's defense, with a terrible running game, he still has not thrown the interceptions he usually has in the past. I have to say he has had a better year than I expected him to have. He will get his real test against the 49ers and will see if he can carry the team on his back. This will be another chance to right his ship with another defining moment.
Wait a minute?! Cowboys won because a dumb ass ref didn’t note (they have note pads on their pockets in case some fans are not aware) BOTH declarations for eligibility by Lions. Cowboys officially called it “trickery” which Lions obviously admitted to because it’s a normal tactical incoming play procedure in the NFL. Second, Cowboys struggle against the run. Third, secondary for Dallas is ok but definitely not note worthy especially for the later portion of season as they were exposed (and by Detroit two weeks ago). Finally, Dak had a good year but he does not even crack top 5 (but ESPN and other sources stating he will get top qb salary after SB, no matter their fate) and he notoriously goes “Full Romo” during the playoffs.

NFC East was in suck ass category right behind NFC South, but ok🤷🏼.

So noted.✍🏻

Wait a minute?! Cowboys won because a dumb ass ref didn’t note (they have note pads on their pockets in case some fans are not aware) BOTH declarations for eligibility by Lions. Cowboys officially called it “trickery” which Lions obviously admitted to because it’s a normal tactical incoming play procedure in the NFL. Second, Cowboys struggle against the run. Third, secondary for Dallas is ok but definitely not note worthy especially for the later portion of season as they were exposed (and by Detroit two weeks ago). Finally, Dak had a good year but he does not even crack top 5 (but ESPN and other sources stating he will get top qb salary after SB, no matter their fate) and he notoriously goes “Full Romo” during the playoffs.

So noted.✍🏻
The Cowboys did make it through the season undefeated at home, so maybe having two home games will be a real advantage.

Reactions: Rocketsr

So noted.✍🏻
I have been extremely critical of the Cowboys all year. So, I think I know what I am talking about if all year I have told you they would choke and not win a divisional playoff game all year long. I don't think you have read any of my posts.

The Eagles have collapsed and having 2 home games like Feral says was critical. Secondly the matchups. Green Bay is no match in Dallas, maybe in GB, but not in Dallas and Cowboys will win easily.

The Lions had their shot, and threw everything they had at the Cowboys. Everything is on film. Even though I question McCarthy's during game decisions, he will make the necessary adjustments this time and win. There is also the possibility the Rams beat the Lions, which would mean the Cowboys will play TB and absolutely destroy them. (Assuming TB beats the Eagles). The Cowboys are +198 on the season and 8-0 at home. They are great on turf and the advantage being at home is very clear.

Look at Dak's numbers this year. Not sure what you are looking at but he is definitely in the top 5. He is #2 QBR, #3 in Passing and has less interceptions than anyone except Stroud who missed games. And I have said he would get a contract extension even though I disagree and think they need to move on.

I am not a delusional Cowboys fan in the least as others on the board that have read my posts, so in saying they will win a divisional playoff game for the first time in 28 years means that I really have to believe it. And just because they make the championship game does not mean what is wrong has been fixed. Next year they will go right back to the same thing, everything has just fallen in place for them with the collapse of the Eagles.

Lastly, I don't know where you get your stats from, but you are wrong on Dak's and I don't think you have looked at the NFC standings as I would like you to tell me how the NFC East, with 2 teams that have double digit wins is the second worst division. The Cowboys won 12 games, the Eagles even though losing 5 of 6, still won 11. Show me another division that had 2 better records at the top. Don't tell me the Packers at 9-8 are world beaters in the North, and the Rams had to win 7 of 8 to get 10 wins. On top of that, the Lions had the 22nd SOS, the Cowboys were in the top 10 as were the Eagles, Giants, and Commanders.

Please give me some stats rather than just throwing crap out there and hoping some of it sticks. But hey, Vegas will give you some great numbers on the Lions if they play the Cowboys. I am sure you will get at least 5 to 5.5 points. You can mortgage the house and money line the game.

Last edited:
Been waiting for this one all week. Excited for playoffs football. Let us dream.

Heeere we go——Packers!!
Hope Packers win by 50.
That said I believe the Cowboy win easily.😒
The Packers look up to the challenge so far. The Cowboys D is putting in one of their "bad" performances so far, and they're a bad match for strong RBs like AJ.

The Packers know how to beat the Cowboys this season. Jump out to an early lead and force the Cowboys to play ketchup.

If Dak wants to prove the haters wrong, he needs to respond here.

Costly penalties again. Most penalized team this season.
The Cowboys are always like that. I'm still not exactly sure why that was an offside penalty, though. I thought the defender was usually allowed to get back onside before the snap and the OL was supposed to show discipline.

That long pass to the 50 on GB's second drive looked exactly like the same play on the 1st drive.

The D can't figure out how to get off the field today.

Reactions: mikesarabia
That missed extra point is going to be key. Instead of losing by 42, we're only going to lose by 41.

When the D has been bad this season, they've been BAD. It's impossible to win championships with this D, because when they turn in a bad performance, the Cowboys just get steamrolled and have no chance to stay in the game.

Cowboys need a TD to end the half and another TD to start the 2nd half, otherwise I have no hope.

Reactions: mikesarabia
Don’t know who these Cowboys are, but they making me happy.
Oh no, looks like they might score!

The Cowboys are just terrible in "story" games. They lost the first ever Houston Texans game (they win 4 games that season, but of course start by beating the Cowboys), McCarthy lost to the Packers in 2022, lost their first game in their new stadium, etc.

This is another "story" game, McCarthy vs. the Packers redux, and the Cowboys never seem to show up for these games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT