ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Cowboys

I think I have it worse, I'm a Redskin/Commanders fan. There are so many weekends that both teams (UTEP/Washington) are embarrassed. It's like eating a regurgitated shit sandwich. But at least it tempers my expectations. But Cowboy fans/media can't help themselves and proclaim greatness before anything is won. So I understand that might be more deflating (having high expectations only to have them fall on their face.). Cheers, there's always next year as Miner fans that is our motto.

What makes McCarthy a "crony" of Jones? I'm just curious what the criteria are.
Because no good coach in their right mind would coach the Cowboys with Jerry as the GM as they know he meddles into everything. He needs a coach he can manipulate as Jones in the real coach. Parcells tried and was told he had full control but Jerry couldn't help himself and Bill could not take it anymore and left. Look at the hires after that compared to what was out there. All soft coaches.

Jones, sorry I mean McCarthy was so out coached it was ridiculous. Which adds to the fact that he sucks as a coach but is a great puppet. Cowboys are the only team to have 3 straight 12 win seasons and never make an NFC Championship. Dak by the way is 2 and 5 in the playoffs. The worst record ever by any QB in the playoffs. And as usual steps down and chokes in the playoffs by throwing 2 interceptions, one a pick 6, that buried us.

Cowboys need a disciplinarian coach, but none of them would ever come to the Cowboys because of Jones. Dak off course backs McCarthy, because misery loves company. He needs to be reigned in and then sent packing. Not get resigned.

Playoffs separate men from the boys. All your weaknesses don't all of a sudden go away, they all come out in the playoffs. Cowboys are Boys and are weak mentally and physically. A soft team that commits penalties more than any other team in the league, and a QB that caves in under pressure.

Nothing will ever change under Jones because the coach is just a reflection of him. The worst GM in the league.

Very well said Rocket. Jerry Jones said time is running out for him. Problem will be if he leaves the team to his son, will that same type of meddling continue. If so, Dallas is doomed forever and we made need to find a new team.

Reactions: Rocketsr
Very well said Rocket. Jerry Jones said time is running out for him. Problem will be if he leaves the team to his son, will that same type of meddling continue. If so, Dallas is doomed forever and we made need to find a new team.
The Texans have 5 playoff wins since their inception in 2002, the Cowboys only have 4. Maybe the Texans should be.

I still don't know how Jerry can explain 29 years without a divisional playoff win for a team that is worth more than any other franchise in sports. I don't understand how fans aren't asking for his head.

I still don't know how Jerry can explain 29 years without a divisional playoff win for a team that is worth more than any other franchise in sports. I don't understand how fans aren't asking for his head.
Because of the salary cap. Can't just buy the best players.

Reactions: FedupMiner
Who's the coach and QB next year?
Any Coach that will be a puppet of Jerry. Would Harbaugh or Belichick be the coach as long as Jerry is GM? We will get some coach that will be happy to let Jerry run the team and just be the stand in and take all the blame when they lose.

As for QB, it is time to get a new one. Give Rush and Lance a chance, and draft another to wait in the wings. Signing Prescott to another big huge deal gives little room to build on the team's other weaknesses. Secondly, with Prescott, you may make the playoffs, but that is it. To me, I would rather build up the team, have a couple of bad years to build something solid, than make the playoffs the next 3 years, then collapse and take a bunch of years to rebuild.

Green Bay and the Texans rebuilt the team very quickly because they decided to do it from the bottom up. It is time for the Cowboys to do it and become the Astros of the NFL, or become the Detroit Tigers.

Because of the salary cap. Can't just buy the best player.
Then don't pay a mediocre one 60 million dollars a year to keep choking in the playoffs.

And you can't tell me the Cowboys were not way more talented and had much better players than the Packers. Only to get punched in the mouth, cave in and run out of the stadium with their tails between their legs.

Then don't pay a mediocre one 60 million dollars a year to keep choking in the playoffs.

And you can't tell me the Cowboys were not way more talented and had much better players than the Packers. Only to get punched in the mouth, cave in and run out of the stadium with their tails between their legs.
Outcoached and outplayed, for sure.

I am curious. What is your solution? We can't keep this path and you have heard my suggestions. What are your thoughts on the changes that need to be made?
Well, unfortunately, what I think doesn't matter because I don't own the team.

I'm not convinced, necessarily, that McCarthy needs to be replaced. Playoffs aside, three consecutive 12-win seasons suggest that SOME things are working. I'm not convinced that blowing up the team is the right thing to do right now.

But I said yesterday that we can't win championships with the D we had this season, because in the games when they were bad, the Cowboys had no chance to keep up. Some changes have to be made.

I would sit down with McCarthy and ask him to explain to me why the D just got rolled over by the Niners, Bills, and Packers. Why didn't they attempt to make any adjustments to stop the run. Why were there multiple deep, open passes by the Packers with nobody covering the receiver. If he has no explanation, then fire him. If he does have an explanation, then ask him whom he needs to run the defense to fix these problems.

I'm not convinced, necessarily, that McCarthy needs to be replaced. Playoffs aside, three consecutive 12-win seasons suggest that SOME things are working. I'm not convinced that blowing up the team is the right thing to do right now.

But I said yesterday that we can't win championships with the D we had this season, because in the games when they were bad, the Cowboys had no chance to keep up. Some changes have to be made.

I would sit down with McCarthy and ask him to explain to me why the D just got rolled over by the Niners, Bills, and Packers. Why didn't they attempt to make any adjustments to stop the run. Why were there multiple deep, open passes by the Packers with nobody covering the receiver. If he has no explanation, then fire him. If he does have an explanation, then ask him whom he needs to run the defense to fix these problems.
Agree that that the Cowboys need some run stoppers at the DL and LB positions. The run defense sucked and you are right, Quinn never made adjustments in that regard.

Cowboys are stuck with Dak for at least this upcoming season. He has a no trade clause and a no tag for 2025. Cowboys should avoid signing him early.

That would be fine if he was coaching the Jaguars or the Cardinals or something. He's not getting paid to go 12-5 and one and done every year. Everything was aligned for the Boys to make a run and I'd say they shit the bed, but that would be disrespectful to bedshitters everywhere. This is McCarthy's ceiling. Always has been and probably always will be.

Reactions: Rocketsr
Cowboys cut it to 34-16 halfway through the 3rd quarter. For some dumb reason McCarthy tries to go for 2. Dak is wide open on the option run/pass and can walk it in, but instead passes it while the Cowboys commit 2 penalties (one an obvious pick play that EVERY player knows is illegal). They get pushed back and miss the extra point.

Packers get the ball. Time and score dictate stopping the run. Instead the Cowboys give up 2 consecutive 1st down runs. By the time Quinn gets his head out the Packers are throwing a deep pass for a TD. Game over.

Last edited:
Cowboys cut it to 34-16 halfway through the 3rd quarter. For some dumb reason McCarthy tries to go for 2. Dak is wide open on the option run/pass and can walk it in, but 8nstead passes it while the Cowboys commit 2 penalties (one an obvious pick play that EVERY player knows is illegal). They get pushed back and miss the extra point.

Packers get the ball. Time and score dictate stopping the run. Instead the Cowboys give up 2 consecutive 1st down runs. By the time Quinn gets his head out the Packers are throwing a deep pass for a TD. Game over.
Game was over at halftime.

Cowboys cut it to 34-16 halfway through the 3rd quarter. For some dumb reason McCarthy tries to go for 2. Dak is wide open on the option run/pass and can walk it in, but instead passes it while the Cowboys commit 2 penalties (one an obvious pick play that EVERY player knows is illegal). They get pushed back and miss the extra point.

Game was way over by then. Didn't matter. Cowboys couldn't stop the run all day. But the fact that the Cowboys committed penalties, and 2 of them on a play like that shows you how undisciplined they are. As I have said before, you can get away with it in the regular season, but it will rear its ugly head in the playoffs and cost you the game. Year after year they are not held accountable for their mistakes which is a direct sign of the head coach.

But what no nonsense coach that instills discipline will want to come there under Jerry Jones? Mike Price was similar with penalties and lack of discipline and it eventually came back to bite him in the ass.

You can't win in the playoffs or in the regular season against good teams committing penalties and mental mistakes. The Cowboys are full of them because their feet are never held to the fire by their commander and coach.

You can't sign better players on defense because all the money is tied up with Dak. He is weak in big games and is not the guy that can lead us to victories when we really need them. The money he is paid, he should be the guy and he is not.

McCarthy need to go because his in game adjustments are pitiful. If it is not working, they continue to do it. Packer fans will tell you that all day. They laugh that Dallas hired him in the first place.

The defense got rolled by any team that can run the ball. Put Arizona and Miami in there. Secondly, Pollard had an average year. His yards per carry were very low. We can't run the ball either. This is why this team needs to be rebuilt now, or risk years of losing seasons, not just a couple.

Unfortunately axingfools is right, we are stuck with a 61 million dollar cap hit with Dak, (that is the #2 cap hit in the NFL) even if we just let him go, so we are stuck with him for another year. If we resign him, it will be a grave mistake, as he is not worth the money as he is not close to being the #2 ranked QB in the NFL.

Think of this: Texans have 5 playoff wins since their inception in 2002, we have 4.

Dallas fans will calm down and take their Easter, Memorial Day weekend, summer holiday to get their picture taken on the star.

Parishioners at my church will be wearing their old Dallas knock offs by late August.

Jerry ain’t gon give up control to Belichick. If the Steelers wanna move on, go get Tomlin.

Jerry ain’t gon give up control to Belichick. If the Steelers wanna move on, go get Tomlin.
Nothing will ever change until Jerry is gone. 29 years without a divisional playoff win and Jerry remains GM. The guy is a stubborn bastard that wants to take all the credit when the team is good and none when it flames out. I still have it etched in my head when he was fighting with Jimmy Johnson holding the Super Bowl trophy.

You sure you want to give Belichick control? Have you seen his personnel moves over the last 5-10 years?

Jim Harbaugh would be a choice.
Again, without Jerry. He needs control. Do you really believe Jerry will give up control?

Another story that remains is how he called his son a pus.. when he had to intervene when Jerry wanted Johnny Manziel and even had his draft card in his hand. It had to be unanimous to out vote Jerry and it was. They all wanted Zach Martin. Jerry called his son every name in the book. This is what the new coach will have to deal with.

Again, without Jerry. He needs control. Do you really believe Jerry will give up control?

Another story that remains is how he called his son a pus.. when he had to intervene when Jerry wanted Johnny Manziel and even had his draft card in his hand. It had to be unanimous to out vote Jerry and it was. They all wanted Zach Martin. Jerry called his son every name in the book. This is what the new coach will have to deal with.
Fans from all over demanded Jerrah sign (Zeke and) Dak to top tier money a little over three years ago and two weeks ago media was reporting Jones will probably pay him as the top paid qb in the league.

https://dailycampus.com/2020/02/14/2020-2-14-column-why-the-cowboys-need-to-paynbspdak/

Fans from all over demanded Jerrah sign (Zeke and) Dak to top tier money a little over three years ago and two weeks ago media was reporting Jones will probably pay him as the top paid qb in the league.

https://dailycampus.com/2020/02/14/2020-2-14-column-why-the-cowboys-need-to-paynbspdak/
Not me. I always said the same thing about Dismal. I said do not sign him to an extended contract until he proved himself the next year.

I said you never pay running backs after the Rams made that mistake and it was proven over and over. The Cowboys need a fullback like Zeke, which Zeke ended up as a high paid one.

Secondly, fans did not demand it, Jerry did it on his own. It was the stupid thing to do. Signing Dak to an extended contract for a guy in his 9th year and only 2 playoff wins and 5 losses is asinine. And that is why the Cowboys cannot win a divisional playoff game for 29 years. Because Jerry is a crappy GM.

Reactions: EPUTEP
Doesn’t matter that Jerah is sticking with McCarthy. You can bring in a Belichick or Harbaugh, but the problem still exists within the organization, no matter what.

Reactions: develman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT