ADVERTISEMENT

Scotty Walden new UTEP FB Coach

Walden has some good background history in the State of Texas and being a Hardin Simmons University Cowboy for a couple of years.

Legendary HSU coach Jimmy Keeling and Alan Wartes (creator of Air it Out Passing Academy/ former HSU OC) have built up a very nice coaching tree from former players, it seems every where you look a former HSU player in coaching somewhere in Texas.

Reactions: jdubb66
Walden has some good background history in the State of Texas and being a Hardin Simmons University Cowboy for a couple of years.

Legendary HSU coach Jimmy Keeling and Alan Wartes (creator of Air it Out Passing Academy/ former HSU OC) have built up a very nice coaching tree from former players, it seems every where you look a former HSU player in coaching somewhere in Texas.
He played at Sol Ross so I'm sure he knows hundreds of people from El Paso and surrounding area. Lot's of Texas contacts as well. He'll have lots of support and should have no trouble finding qualified staff.

In his Media Day interview he said his recruiting philosophy is to go after High School athletes from great programs as the foundation of the team. Then fill holes with well vetted players from the portal.

At Austin Peay he brought in 26 High School Players and 20 from the Portal.

Let's hope Walden can bring in some good O and D coordinators as well as position coaches to start his tenure off strong. Go Miners.

I wonder what his salary will be. I don’t think he’s the million dollar man we hoped to pay.

I like the hire. I called it earlier and said it was gonna be someone we weren’t expecting. Is that because he flew under the radar, or was it because of the finances and situation at UTEP? Only time will tell.

But I am glad they brought in a young coach who can probably relate to the players a little more. Now let’s see who stays.

My utep education finds this offensive.
LOL!
i-find-it-offensive-bender.gif

I wonder if Austin Peay has any players worthy of transferring up a level and contributing next year?

I wonder what his salary will be. I don’t think he’s the million dollar man we hoped to pay.

Doesn't matter. No matter his base, his contract probably pays huge bonuses and guarantees automatic extensions with pay bumps depending on success. And he would not have accepted if he didn't like the terms.

Reactions: kickballpro
It was a stroke of genius for Senter to throw Eric Price's name around to scare the shit out of us old timers. Now we're just thrilled there won't be a Price back at the helm. Genius I tells ya, shear genius.
Ha! You’re right he did that with Doc too before Golding hire! lol forgot about that…

Reactions: PickMyAxe915
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT