ADVERTISEMENT

10-24

There is a upside, just think of all the gained perspective and insight that comes with our losing.

Oh yes! The Sean Kugler Bullet Point Monday morning press conference done to government perfection. Woohoo!

"We had five plays that were called for penalties. We have to play smarter"
"We had one hundred yards in penalties that hurt us.
"They have a real good player in #whatever, who beat us on a few plays. He is special players that can play on Sundays."
"Aaron (Jones) played hard and had one long gain but their defense was focused on him."
"We have to limit the penalties and we're not playing smart."

Hey, he earns way, way more than I do and in a college Division One sport that just begs for alcohol laden tendencies because you have to be sublimely masochistic to want to do this work. God bless you, Kugler, Price, Nord, Bailey, Lee. The "Eye of Providence" doesn't appear to shine for UTEP football, but the satisfaction of the ubiquity of losing will always be a source of pride for us fans who try to endure.

ffffffffff...........

Reactions: UTEPMiners8106
Kugler's record at UTEP is 13- 28. Four of those wins are against NMSU. He has faced dramatically diluted C-USA. He has largely avoided the best programs in the conference (Marshall, WKU, MTSU). He has been repeatedly mud-stomped by P5 competition and upper-level C-USA programs (Tech, So. Miss). He CANNOT recruit an FBS-level QB or skill position players. He is absolutely clueless about defense - no personality, consistency, or continuity. Probably worst of all, into his fourth year, he has not developed anywhere near a dominant offensive line, his ONLY claim to fame.

This is the year Kugler pointed toward, the season UTEP was picked by many as a dark-horse in the Western Division. All warts have been exposed. UTEP cannot indefinitely continue the complete nose-dive in enthusiasm around this program. Stull, Kugler, and Floyd are killing this athletic program.

Reactions: UTEP05
I agree with you.

However, I can't help but notice your unending patience for CTF and his 6 mediocre seasons, but not for Kugler and his 3.25 mediocre (by utep standards) seasons.

Actually, I have been wanting Floyd fired for a couple years. It doesn't mean I still don't get blinded by the orange sun in my world when I read all the hype about the entirely new team each year.

Actually, I have been wanting Floyd fired for a couple years. It doesn't mean I still don't get blinded by the orange sun in my world when I read all the hype about the entirely new team each year.

Apologies. I could have sworn you were in line with VegasMiner, and wanting to give Floyd more time. I've been wrong a time or two (million) in my life.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT