ADVERTISEMENT

2 Words....Reginald Theus

theus.jpg

My impatient miner fans Floyd is building this thing the right way and has had some unusual circumstances to deal with along the way... Step back from the edge

I actually think next years team will be better than this years... Harris, hunter, Thomas and Wilms are gonna be pretty good I think and I am very hopeful that between earvin Morris, lee Moore, flaggert and touchet we will have some shooters on this team finally!! Even like the addition of Christian romine!! We are almost there... The way Floyd has the classes staggered now I think from this point out we will be top 3 every year... And don't kid yourselves this is going to be a good basketball conference. We just need the bottom feeders to step it up...

Originally posted by PURPLEFIRE:
My impatient miner fans Floyd is building this thing the right way and has had some unusual circumstances to deal with along the way... Step back from the edge

I actually think next years team will be better than this years... Harris, hunter, Thomas and Wilms are gonna be pretty good I think and I am very hopeful that between earvin Morris, lee Moore, flaggert and touchet we will have some shooters on this team finally!! Even like the addition of Christian romine!! We are almost there... The way Floyd has the classes staggered now I think from this point out we will be top 3 every year... And don't kid yourselves this is going to be a good basketball conference. We just need the bottom feeders to step it up...
How many other "basketball schools" give their coaches 6 years to make the tournament?

UTEP will be Top 3 of what? CUSA? What's that in bball terms? NIT Bubble?

What are the unusual circumstances he had to deal with?

Scott Drew took over Baylor in August of 2003 and got them to the Tournament in his 5th season in the Big 12! He couldn't play OOC games in 05-06!! How many UTEP players were murdered by a teammate and had been covered up by the previous coaching staff???

Please tell me how Scott Drew, who coached one season at Valpo, can take a team to the Tourney in 5 years, while being on probation and full of constant investigations, but Tim Floyd, who has multiple NCAA and NBA teams behind him, can't?

This post was edited on 3/14 1:16 PM by STCarlosEP

Two more words: dumb idea.
Please refrain from placing UTEP in the same context as a team in a power conference. There is no equivalency there.

Tim Floyd isn't Mike Price 2.0 because that's a false equivalency. Tim Floyd has consistently brought a winning record to the UTEP MBB Program. Something MP did not. If you think that's mediocrity then you're wrong.

Originally posted by UTEPy79:
Please refrain from placing UTEP in the same context as a team in a power conference. There is no equivalency there.

Tim Floyd isn't Mike Price 2.0 because that's a false equivalency. Tim Floyd has consistently brought a winning record to the UTEP MBB Program. Something MP did not. If you think that's mediocrity then you're wrong.
So, you didn't have any expectations at the beginning of Floyd's stint, that we'd have made the field of 64 +4, within this time frame? CTF has all the resources a coach could ask for in a conference like this. How has he kept you satisfied as a fan? What are your expectations, and why are they so low? They must be fairly low...or you are sticking up for the guy from a personal standpoint, in which case I could empathize with your position a tad bit more. Still...

Originally posted by tbleslie:

So, you didn't have any expectations at the beginning of Floyd's stint, that we'd have made the field of 64 +4, within this time frame? CTF has all the resources a coach could ask for in a conference like this. How has he kept you satisfied as a fan? What are your expectations, and why are they so low? They must be fairly low...or you are sticking up for the guy from a personal standpoint, in which case I could empathize with your position a tad bit more. Still...
Where is it written that someone having a different ideal from you has to justify that position, it is their opinion.

What's wrong with having no expectations and just hoping for the best?
That's what years and years of being an alumnus of UTEP and Miner fan has taught me,

Reggie is a jerk, still, at least he has proven he can win as a head coach in the area.

Pickax, nowhere is it written that everyone must embody the same "ideal". I asked several questions to perhaps understand a different perspective. I do that on occasion, out of curiosity. But thanks for stepping in to try and right a situation that hadn't really gone wrong.

That's what years and years of being an alumnus of UTEP and Miner fan has taught me,
Do you honestly have no expectations going into the basketball season? Since you don't have expectations, I assume you are happy if UTEP goes 9-21 or 21-9?

I guess there's nothing wrong with having no expectations. I find it hard to believe a fan can have zero expectations of his/her team, but not out of the realm of possibility. My expectations were high because of how CTF touted this team in the pre-season, and I tend to trust veteran coaches and or players who make such claims. Life goes on, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed with how things turned out this season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT