ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Texas Basketball Attendance

JCorona

MI Miner Maniac
Jun 15, 2014
Here are the final regular season attendance average for G5 Texas programs.

1. SMU: (17-16) 6,647

2 UTEP: (11-20) 6,155

3. UH: (27-8) 3,914 (NCAA Tournament 32)

4. UNT: (19-18) 2,355 (CBI Finals)

5. Arlington (21-13) 2,345

6. RICE: (7-24) 2,295

7. Texas St: (15-18) 2,081

8. UTSA: (20-15) 1,146 (CIT QF)

P5

1. Texas: (19-15) 10,594 (NCAA 64)

2. Texas Tech: (27-10) 10,391 (NCAA Elite8)

3. Texas A&M: (22-13) 9,121 (NCAA Sweet 16)

4. Baylor: (19-15) 8,250 (NIT 2nd Round)

5. TCU: (21-12) 7,773 (NCAA 64)

Four years ago we finished 2nd overall in the state of Texas.

Hopefully Terry will make us re-emerge at the top of the standings very soon.

Reactions: axingfools1
I think he will. A lot of us think that he needs our energy to bring that
success back to the Don. It won't be easy but we have to be there.

Go Miners...

Do all schools count season tickets sold as a baseline for attendance? I'd be interested to know the true attendance of these schools

Coach Terry stated he came to UTEP because he wanted to coach at a place with great fan support. The fans will show up when the team starts winning against quality teams.

DFW market, football success, upgraded football and basketball facilities, money, recruiting hotbed. Need me to go on?

Well then with that argument Rice and Houston should be in the Big 12 also. Houston is a bigger TV market than Dallas. In fact Houston probably shouldve got in before TCU.

Well then with that argument Rice and Houston should be in the Big 12 also. Houston is a bigger TV market than Dallas. In fact Houston probably shouldve got in before TCU.
latest

What BCS bowl games and top 25 finishes did those schools have from 2000-2010?

Rice?? Is that a joke? Rice sucks at basketball and football.

Fill, I would say you are right. They should be. After all, didn't Rice and Houston use to be in the old SWC that evolved to the Big 12?
That in itself is enough for them to belong in the Big 12.

Nobody would take Rice and/or Houston over TCU. TCU football has actually accomplished things.

Idaho used to be in the Pac10 and Tulane used to be in the SEC. Being in the old SWC is meaningless.

Not anger. Not my fault, most of you don't understand how conference realignment works.

Didn't you block me?

What BCS bowl games and top 25 finishes did those schools have from 2000-2010?

Rice?? Is that a joke? Rice sucks at basketball and football.

you the one that said it, You said money,market, recruiting hot bed ( Houston is #1 by the way) ,Rice has won in Baseball that is pretty important and they do pretty well Football. Imagine Rice in the Big 12 ? Now that i think about it they would blow away TCU back to the Mountain West. I just dont know about upgrade facilities. Houston has done well in Football and they always pretty good in Basketball. Houston should for sure be in the BIg 12 by now.

I was listing why TCU was in the Big 12. That's the question you asked. I wasn't comparing them to anybody else.

Baseball is not important.

The only thing Rice would blow, is themselves. Rice has won 9 games the last 3 seasons. TCU won 11 games last season and they play in the Big 12. Rice sucks ass.

$175 for UH season tickets in an upgraded arena? Be interesting to see what UTEP's will be. Houston gets to play SMU, Cincinnati, Wichita St, UConn, Memphis, Temple, and Tulsa.

UTEP plays CUSA garbage.

I would say the Big 8 (Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Nebraska, Iowa State, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Kansas State) evolved into the Big 12. The SWC ceased to exist (some blame the SMU death penalty as a factor) after 1996 and only UT-Austin , A&M, Texas Tech and Baylor joined the new Big 12 while Rice, TCU and SMU joined the WAC and Houston joined Conference USA. Arkansas had joined the SEC a few years earlier.

Still, for as highly as TCU considers itself I'm surprised they have such mediocre attendance

UTSA 1,146?! But they're the greatest with all the world class facilities and such!

UH should be ashamed, too.

UTA?! Illusions of grandeur have taken hold. 2,345? Sounds like a intern in the sports info dept. pulled a number out of their butt. 2345...lol

They don't care. They can draw less than 3000 and still make the NCAA TOURNAMENT. While UTEP draws 6000, finishes 12th in CUSA and celebrates when other teams lose. There's only one team that should be ashamed and it ain't Houston.

UTSA 1,146?! But they're the greatest with all the world class facilities and such!

UTA?! Illusions of grandeur have taken hold. 2,345? Sounds like a intern in the sports info dept. pulled a number out of their butt. 2345...lol
Yea 3914 is very low when you have an NCAA tournament quality team, play in an upgraded arena, against teams like SMU, Cincinnati, Wichita St, UConn, Memphis, Temple, Tulsa and the season tickets are only $175.

Flip those roles with UTEP and we’ve proven we can have one of the top atmospheres in the state and nation.

They did not play in an upgraded arena this year. They played most of their games on Texas Southern's home court. Next year, their "new" arena debuts.

How is TCU in the Big 12 with that attendance ?
Very successful football program.
Football #1.
When A$M left and there was an open slot in the Big 12, it’s a no brainer why TCU got in and UH didn’t. Look at TCU’s football success from 2008-2011 vs. UH. If the Big 12 loses another team or expands in the future, UH will probably get in. Saying Rice deserves to be in Big 12 is just laughable.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShovelMan66
Very successful football program.
Football #1.
When A$M left and there was an open slot in the Big 12, it’s a no brainer why TCU got in and UH didn’t. Look at TCU’s football success from 2008-2011 vs. UH. If the Big 12 loses another team or expands in the future, UH will probably get in. Saying Rice deserves to be in Big 12 is just laughable.
UTAH did all they could do to be a major player in D1 sports and beating the crap out of Alabama on national TV just cemented it. Good research university, good programs, good alum support and solid backing by the state does wonders.

They left the other schools in the dust as did BYU.

Since BYU went Indy, they've played in the Poinsettia bowl twice, Las Vegas Bowl, Miami Beach Bowl, Armed Forces, and the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl. Who exactly are they leaving in the dust? UTEP, NMSU, and Charlotte? They lose to every good P5 team they play and their Indy seasons have 3 losses or more.

They've won 3 whole NCAA tournament games the last 25 years. That 3-12 record is certainly leaving many teams in the dust. It's obvious you don't know what you're talking about.

Since BYU went Indy, they've played in the Poinsettia bowl twice, Las Vegas Bowl, Miami Beach Bowl, Armed Forces, and the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl. Who exactly are they leaving in the dust? UTEP, NMSU, and Charlotte? They lose to every good P5 team they play and their Indy seasons have 3 losses or more.

They've won 3 whole NCAA tournament games the last 25 years. That 3-12 record is certainly leaving many teams in the dust. It's obvious you don't know what you're talking about.

UTEP's current situation is DN and BS fault. They wanted to do more with
less. Unfortunately we the fans have supported UTEP for many years
and got nothing in return. It is unfortunate that our athletics are in the state
they are due to management neglect.

Go Miners...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT