ADVERTISEMENT

??????????????

miner1liner

MI Hall of Famer
Feb 10, 2014
Never witnessed a more humiliating, embarasing, hopeless, hapless, sad excuse for a football team than tonight. No excuse losing to a 0-3 team that we dominated last year.

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
Two equal teams IMO. UTSA came into 2nd half start slugging and wanted it more. However, UTEP Dline played great. Higgins blew it!

No. Look at my post. On here since 2001 with over 1200 posts. Jackass

I've seen worse, but by no means am I playing down this loss. Cal Poly 2003 trumps this game hands down.

Oh hell yes. Rumor has it that some players were hungover from a previous night drinking for that game.

That was the 2nd game of the season if I remember correctly, and all that optimism for that year just went into the dumps. That was the most depressed and ashamed I have ever been as a Miner fan. Today was bad but in the proper perspective I've seen worse.

True. Price recruited nothing but recievers and quarterbacks. And it got us killed on defense. Kugler has recruited nothing but linemen, and I'm not going to rehash everything that's been said about the offensive scheme. But it seems like we're paper thin at every position other than the lines.

I would be very surprised if that happened. The team stays at the Camino Real the day before the game and the coaches monitor the players.

It was some of them. Nord was a recruiter. Not a good head coach. Even back then his players were witnessed being on their cell phones during games (no selfies. Just talking).

It was some of them. Nord was a recruiter. Not a good head coach. Even back then his players were witnessed being on their cell phones during games (no selfies. Just talking).

Where did you hear that some of the players were drinking? They have a strict curfew and all the coaches monitor the players the whole night.

Oh hell yes. Rumor has it that some players were hungover from a previous night drinking for that game.
I am suprised to hear that. I have met most of the team in a bar situation several times. They were extremely well behaved. They were respectful, friendly, courteous, funny, lively, well spoken, and all things that fine young men should be. Not one incident that usually occurs with young men drinking. Never saw one get totally hammered and out of control. I was very impressed with the character of these young men. It would sad if what you alluded to were true. Unlike Prices era, drinking & drugs night before games. One player's mother bought a house in the small cul-de-sac where I live on the west side. Disrespectful, cocky, arrogant, worthless SOB's. Called the Assistant Head coach and nothing was done! Kugler boys are so much better!

You must be young if you think a 27- 6 loss was the most embarrassing game. Many a game we were out of it at half time.

You must be young if you think a 27- 6 loss was the most embarrassing game. Many a game we were out of it at half time.

The score doesn't indicate everything about the game. UTEP was just flat out awful and one of the worst games I have ever seen against a team that is 0-4 and who we beat 34-0 last year on the road. Something just isn't right with this team.

Reactions: Rot and LaserCoog
At least Kugler didn't push the athletic department to make billboards proclaiming the UTEP football team to be, "A Meaner Breed" a la Charlie Bailey. What a crock that was.

Reactions: Cube Jack
At least Kugler didn't push the athletic department to make billboards proclaiming the UTEP football team to be, "A Meaner Breed" a la Charlie Bailey. What a crock that was.

It would have been better if it said "A Miner Breed".

I think the slogan this year is "unfinished business". Next year could be "unfinished business part 2", etc.

A 34 to 0 shutout "In San Antonio" last year and then we lose 27 to 6 in EP one year later is thoroughly embarassing. Disgraceful huge turn-around! We are going the wrong direction. We looked unprepaired, unmotivated, outclassed and listless or like we were playing Ohio State; not 0-4 UTSA. There have been multiple embarssing losses over the years...maybe this is so hurtful because it the most recent one, but it is still the worst for me because it seemed to be such a lackadaisical effort. Amen

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT