ADVERTISEMENT

Alcorn State @ UTEP mbb: OPT, Game

Here's the issue: even if we open a bigger lead in these last two minutes Alcorn State will just start fouling us. That's not such a bad thing for them

Reactions: Lil_Train
Here's the issue: even if we open a bigger lead in these last two minutes Alcorn State will just start fouling us. That's not such a bad thing for them
And it’s gonna be an issue going forward…. Teams are gonna do that to close out halves and games when it’s close.

As bad as the Miners have played a win is a win…. A lot to correct off of this. Hopefully Dos Anjos will be back and Frazier’s injury won’t be too serious. Having a brace on the knee doesn’t sound good. I’m not even gonna comment on McKinney’s absence because I have no clue why he’s out.

Damn what game and ASU is a damn good team.

Z stayed in without getting his 5th for as long as he could. That zone D stymied UTEP big time and damn their quick. They just ran out of gas and their best guy fouled out.

As bad as the Miners have played a win is a win…. A lot to correct off of this. Hopefully Dos Anjos will be back and Frazier’s injury won’t be too serious. Having a brace on the knee doesn’t sound good. I’m not even gonna comment on McKinney’s absence because I have no clue why he’s out.
Pretty sure it isn't due to injury, or he would have been on the bench.

No clue?

• Haha
Reactions: Lil_Train
Well, I missed the game. Looks like I saved myself some indigestion. 22 of 43 free throws? Wow, 43 free throws, and we make a pathetic 51% of them, no bueno.

Reactions: UTEPfan1966
I’m having problems with this team but I like their toughness. I love Oneyema and Hardy. Solomon is a dog and Frazier is awesome. My problems: Grivance is not the type of guard that controls the game…McKinney seems one foot in and one foot out with this team…free throw shooting is horrendous…Sibley lacks fire.

Jury s out, but they play hard.

I’m having problems with this team but I like their toughness. I love Oneyema and Hardy. Solomon is a dog and Frazier is awesome. My problems: Grivance is not the type of guard that controls the game…McKinney seems one foot in and one foot out with this team…free throw shooting is horrendous…Sibley lacks fire.

Jury s out, but they play hard.
They did play hard. Z.O. kept in control with 4th best he could.

Golding stated he told them to attack the basket as he noticed Alcorn was running out of gas.

Downside, will they have gas for tomorrow after playing a March tourney type game?

Hats off to Alcorn State, those guys are a tough as they come and full of hustle. Not going to win awards for their style of play but can't fault their effort.

Reactions: utep2step
All I meant was I don't know for sure why he was not there. Did it have to do with that brawl? Almost assuredly. But with how that escalated and in all likelihood led to the events in ABQ I'm not touching that with a 10 ft. pole. Hopefully he won't miss much time for throwing some punches. But in this crazy world you never know...

A statistical observation. We were 1 for 18 from three and 24 for 37 from two. FT's barely 50%. I think Golding needs to make it mandatory to concentrate on drives to the basket. It's obvious that FT's and 3's will kill us. Atrocious!
He did, at the end because he notice ASU tank was empty. Not my words but his during post game. He took responsibility for not having them ready for that zone ASU ran so well. ASU totally caught them flat footed with it.

ASU will be 15th or 16th seed in NCAA in my opinion. Not a bad win, they'll win 20+ games

Texas A&M CC is up on Alcorn state by 20 right now
They were in NCAA last year. Not sure who they return, but they may very well beat us. However they lost to Cal St. Bakersfield so I have no idea what's gonna happen. Just hope UTEP wins them all!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT