ADVERTISEMENT

And now CRT lets assistant Burton go.

Like I said on another thread, the guard transfer market is absolutely loaded already.

Caught the end of sportstalk last night on Big 600, random caller put a legit addition by subtraction theory to free up schollys, and maybe hire an assistant attached to a recruit package. Jalen Green? A grad transfer? Not sure if that caller is smoking stronger weed than me, but that''s a pretty legit scenario that could happen and does happen in college hoops.

Really expect Terry to sign an impact grad transfer guard to replace Wenzel, we will be fine if this roster sticks together, really can't afford to lose anyone, and yes we need shooters.

So we're thinking that CRT is replacing his "JV" assistant with a more "varsity" assistant like he's done with his recruits?? If he does grab an assistant for Jalen Greene, are we going to be happy with that decision once Greene leaves after a year?? Don't get me wrong, I'd be excited to have a top player in a Miner uniform, even for just a year, but isn't there usually some type of trouble with doing that later down the line or has this been legalized?? I know a lot of schools do it, especially big programs, but I don't think UTEP would get that pass if something illegal was done to get a top 5 recruit

You don't have to worry about Jalen being a one and done here because he isn't coming to UTEP. The dude is going to a major P5 school.

So we're thinking that CRT is replacing his "JV" assistant with a more "varsity" assistant like he's done with his recruits?? If he does grab an assistant for Jalen Greene, are we going to be happy with that decision once Greene leaves after a year?? Don't get me wrong, I'd be excited to have a top player in a Miner uniform, even for just a year, but isn't there usually some type of trouble with doing that later down the line or has this been legalized?? I know a lot of schools do it, especially big programs, but I don't think UTEP would get that pass if something illegal was done to get a top 5 recruit
That's a really great point. I would be okay if Jalen Green takes us to the tourney and helps us run through C-USA, but I see what you're saying and that's a dusty road to go down if Terry does.

That's a really great point. I would be okay if Jalen Green takes us to the tourney and helps us run through C-USA, but I see what you're saying and that's a dusty road to go down if Terry does.

Thank you man. That's all I'm saying. I was very excited about CRT hiring, I'm excited about the future of UTEP basketball, I'm not too disappointed in losing the incoming freshman myself, but what worries me is what CRT will do to get to where he wants to go and where that leaves UTEP. I believe Greene and Stroud were teammates at one point, and remain good friends, so it may not be too much of a long shot if CRT hires their former coach as the boards suggest. CRT has been recruiting them for a long time

Terry and Burton aren't following each other on twitter anymore. I believe they use to follow each other. Something must of happened between the two.

Some are really sticking the ol' tallywhacker out there. Guess we'll wait and see.

I do think if Terry gets Green some big school will hire him. Then Utep wont get to see Green in a Utep uniform.

should have seen this sort of stuff as a big red flag. who ended up coming in for burton? and what players did he bring with him? I don't know why and maybe it's not fair of me to voice these types of concerns but some of this stuff behind the scenes in the program seems a bit sketchy. as if certain deals are made to bring in certain players and promising them playing time. just doesn't make sense the way certain players are sometimes frozen out and certain ones get most of the playing time.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Big red flag!!! From what I heard and what was hearing when this was going on, Burton was let go to allow Arturo Ormand to come be an assistant which was apart of a deal that brought Bryson Williams to El Paso so basically when we got BW we also got an assistant coach to be named later which was Ormand.

Big red flag!!! From what I heard and what was hearing when this was going on, Burton was let go to allow Arturo Ormand to come be an assistant which was apart of a deal that brought Bryson Williams to El Paso so basically when we got BW we also got an assistant coach to be named later which was Ormand.
This why I say Terry’s culture here is crap, all entitlements around the Foster Center now a days.

🤮🤮🤮🤮. i knew it was something like this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT