ADVERTISEMENT

Andy Katz has Washington State in his Power 36

unihorn

MI Miner Maniac
Dec 1, 2007
36. Washington State
Who’s hot? Malachi Flynn. The 6-1 sophomore scored 24 points for the Cougars during the Wooden Legacy title game Sunday night. He’s averaging 17 a game up from 9.7 last season. He scored 26 in the semifinal victory over Saint Mary’s and over the two games, he made 9 of 17 on 3s.

What stands out? The Cougars resolve. They were dealing with injuries during the game and continued to answer each of the Aztec runs during the championship game late Sunday in Anaheim.

Word association: Pac-12. Wazzu being relevant is a huge development for the conference. Ernie Kent has been a winner in the league, formerly at Oregon. If he can bring the Cougars back onto the grid, that would be a huge development for the conference.

Last week: Beat Saint Joseph’s, 75-71; Beat Saint Mary’s, 84-79; Beat San Diego State, 93-86 in the Wooden Legacy in Anaheim.

Up next: vs. UC Davis, Saturday.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...dy-katzs-power-36-whos-ncaa-tournament-nov-27

I was stunned by the St Joe's loss (my child attends St. Joe's. That's the only reason I care). Damn Hawks blew it.

Speaking of St. Joe's. You think most in Minerdom are frustrated with CTF. St. Joe's brings in NBA talent on a somewhat consistent basis and have really been a A10 non-contender. They got rid of their Jesuit priest chancellor and went with a lay person with hopes to improve the program (and strengthen some of their academic departments).

Sounds like it was a good chance for the miners to make a statement at home. Too bad it won't matter anymore.

and they got blown out at home last night
giphy.gif

ESPN’s matchup predictor has UTEP’s likelihood to win at 76/24%.

ESPN’s matchup predictor has UTEP’s likelihood to win at 76/24%.
If UTEP wins this game, they will be well above .500 and on a roll coming into January. I know it's not what we wanted, but it will be a good thing continuing into C-USA play.

WSU plays @ Idaho tonight — hope it’s on the PAC 12 Network.

We’ll be more rested. Hope we get Willms and Wade back on the court.

WSU plays @ Idaho tonight — hope it’s on the PAC 12 Network.

We’ll be more rested. Hope we get Willms and Wade back on the court.
Me too but I thinks Willms return will be Dec 19th. Small ball again! Yay

If Wade doesn't play then there are problems..

If UTEP wins this game, they will be well above .500 and on a roll coming into January. I know it's not what we wanted, but it will be a good thing continuing into C-USA play.

You do know that UTEP will have to win every game in December for that to happen?

“Washington State: The Cougars put themselves in holes early the last two games trailing by 17 points to UC Davis and 19 points to Idaho at the half, losing two straight after winning their first six, including the Wooden Legacy Tournament Championship.

Idaho: The Vandals had a 43-31 rebounding advantage and had 20 assists with just nine turnover. ... Trevon Allen had a huge block that ignited the crowd, followed by a fast break layup from Sanders on the other end to give Idaho a 22-point lead.”

https://www.wthr.com/article/blakes-26-points-lead-idaho-past-washington-state-91-64

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT