ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone know if UTEP is bidding on C-USA basketball tournament for 2017?

MinerInWisconsin

MI Miner Maniac
Nov 28, 2001
Have not heard of any bids from any school yet and we usually have some idea of who is bidding by this time of year. Anyone in the know?

No idea but I did see UAB wasn't putting a bid this year. If UTEP doesn't bid either then there must be some smoke behind the conference realignment rumors.

I hope UTEP's not bidding for the tournament...not because I hope it's a sign we're headed to the MWC. No, in actuality, I don't want to be the host school that qualifies in the bottom half of the conference standings and gets ousted in a Tuesday night play-in game on our home floor. That's where UTEP Basketball is seemingly headed.

Does anyone know what happened to the old floor? The reason I ask is that the floor that they just replaced could actually be the original court that the '66 team and everyone else played on for the last 50+ years. Since UTEP left Memorial Gym in 1976, I would seriously doubt that the floor has ever been replaced. In other words, UTEP might have just removed a big piece of history and nobody even recognized it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT