ADVERTISEMENT

Are the Miners Gonna Sweep Charlotte?

if the starting five include two bigs to start, then we can win. Gotta think "out of the box"to get he fans excited..
Got to run and score.. got out of this low score, ugly game mode we seem to be in. I think JG has given up on makin' 3's..
without the bigs starting
UTEP 60
CLT 63
with the bigs starting
UTEP 70
CLT 58
c'mon JOE shake it up a little..

Charlotte has lost 7 out of the last 9 so I expect them to hit their strides tonight.

• Haha
Reactions: Lil_Train
My gut: UTEP will win.

Oddshark says all 49’ers.

UTEP 67
Niner Niner 49er’s: 62

Reactions: groundrounds
if the starting five include two bigs to start, then we can win. Gotta think "out of the box"to get he fans excited..
Got to run and score.. got out of this low score, ugly game mode we seem to be in. I think JG has given up on makin' 3's..
without the bigs starting
UTEP 60
CLT 63
with the bigs starting
UTEP 70
CLT 58
c'mon JOE shake it up a little..
I wouldn't expect any big changes or adjustments. Golding is pretty set in his offense and defense. I can't imagine how the gameplanning goes under Golding and staff.

Not alot of guys make Aly Khalify look athletic, but Hamilton is one of the few exceptions. Just makes it really tough on defense.
I know. That made me chuckle. He’s not gonna get any better if he doesn’t get the court time, though. I mean let him learn through the school of hard knocks. He’s gonna get burned. I think Golding is using him “wrong” on the defensive end. Kalu and Z can move their feet and run. Big Ham…not so much. Plant him in the lane.

Reactions: Lil_Train
I know. That made me chuckle. He’s not gonna get any better if he doesn’t get the court time, though. I mean let him learn through the school of hard knocks. He’s gonna get burned. I think Golding is using him “wrong” on the defensive end. Kalu and Z can move their feet and run. Big Ham…not so much. Plant him in the lane.
I keep getting Efe freshman year flashbacks. Which at this point, wouldn’t be all that bad 😉

Halftime STATS:
Will we win another game this year?
TEAM STATS
i
i
FG10-2012-24
Field Goal %50.050.0
3PT9-181-8
Three Point %50.012.5
FT5-65-7
Free Throw %83.371.4
Rebounds1113
Offensive Rebounds25
Defensive Rebounds98
Assists84
Steals57
Blocks00
Total Turnovers98
Fouls86

Halftime STATS:
Will we win another game this year?
TEAM STATS
i
i
FG10-2012-24
Field Goal %50.050.0
3PT9-181-8
Three Point %50.012.5
FT5-65-7
Free Throw %83.371.4
Rebounds1113
Offensive Rebounds25
Defensive Rebounds98
Assists84
Steals57
Blocks00
Total Turnovers98
Fouls86
Yes, we will win more than one. Not sure how many, but at least 2.

Weird game. Charlotte can only get 3s, but their making them. Haskins would be OK with that because he thought you would thrive, and then die by the 3. We'll see if their 3 keep falling. I think they might.

If they cool off from 3, or we figure out how to guard the perimeter, we can win. We're shooting great inside the arc, they're lights out beyond it.

What do you do against a team with 4 guys on the perimeter who can all hit at a high clip? I don't think our 3 point D was that bad, they just made them all. If we just had a couple of guys who can make 3s and a slasher who can make free throws, we'd be in the top 5 right now.

I'm an optimistic homer, but I think we've seen the best this team can do. I'll admit that they keep edging up in the stats. FT shooting keeps creeping up. It probably won't be enough.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT