ADVERTISEMENT

Arena Football Team Coming To El Paso

No offense, but I don’t know why you would invest money into an arena football team in El Paso even during normal times. It has been tried multiple times and has never worked.

A legit arena league team would work here with the right management, promotions team, etc.

"A new El Paso team joined the IFL, with gameplay beginning in 2009. Like the old Rumble, the new team, whose identity was known as the Generals, played at the Coliseum and folded after one year when the owner was unable to keep the team afloat due to personal issues even after a very successful year at 14-3."

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
No offense, but I don’t know why you would invest money into an arena football team in El Paso even during normal times. It has been tried multiple times and has never worked.

I remember the Rumble were awful. Their starting QB was a student from UTEP who never played college football. I don't think they won any games.

The Generals had a better season, but also died after their one and only season.

A legit arena league team would work here with the right management, promotions team, etc.

"A new El Paso team joined the IFL, with gameplay beginning in 2009. Like the old Rumble, the new team, whose identity was known as the Generals, played at the Coliseum and folded after one year when the owner was unable to keep the team afloat due to personal issues even after a very successful year at 14-3."

Begins with the perception of El Paso. El Paso is a top 30 US population city. We’re not some small town or growing suburb next to a huge city. We’re better than a 3rd rate minor league of a bastard sport.

If the Arena Football League was still around and EP were to get a team, cool. It’s the top league for that sport. Not whatever this league is. This league is for the Las Cruces and Murfreesboro’s of the world.

For this team to be successful they need to put a quality product out on the field and even then it may still be trash. El Paso has had all kinds of minor league teams in basketball, soccer, indoor soccer and football and they were all trash teams playing in trash leagues. If they brought in a bunch of ex UTEP guys would that sway any of you guys to attend?

So what’s the story with this team? Have they even played a game? I’ve heard conflicting stories that the team and/or league has already folded.

Wasn't Quincy Carter the qb for the Generals? That was a good team that one year it existed. I went to two games but found it boring.

I guess not. He was the qb for the other team we played that night.

It won't work. Not going to go in to detail but I know the guy who got this team together Craig. He's not a good business man he's just a talker that probably tricked some investors in to loaning him money for a team. It won't work as long as he's part of it. That's all I'm going to say.

Wasn't Quincy Carter the qb for the Generals? That was a good team that one year it existed. I went to two games but found it boring.

I guess not. He was the qb for the other team we played that night.
Is that the same Quincy Carter who used to be the starting QB for the Dallas Cowboys?

Reactions: JCorona
Guy rolls into EP with a station wagon full of brochures and big dreams, gets a few locals to pass over a bit of cash (too match the big-out of town money off course) contacts the media makes a big announcement, draws a bit of interest. Signs a contract or two, hires a coach, a GM nobody has heard of. Collects a bit of cash and distributes it around a bit (saves the VIG of course). Make's a press conference every thing is a go. Next contact tells everyone the season will be delayed a bit due "administrational delays". Loads up the wagon a heads off to the next podunk town who will buy the tale of "pro sports" big time outside investors and how this will put your town on the map. Leaves town with a lot of outstanding debt, broken promises and a lot of pissed off people. Rinse and repeat.

Guy rolls into EP with a station wagon full of brochures and big dreams, gets a few locals to pass over a bit of cash (too match the big-out of town money off course) contacts the media makes a big announcement, draws a bit of interest. Signs a contract or two, hires a coach, a GM nobody has heard of. Collects a bit of cash and distributes it around a bit (saves the VIG of course). Make's a press conference every thing is a go. Next contact tells everyone the season will be delayed a bit due "administrational delays". Loads up the wagon a heads off to the next podunk town who will buy the tale of "pro sports" big time outside investors and how this will put your town on the map. Leaves town with a lot of outstanding debt, broken promises and a lot of pissed off people. Rinse and repeat.
Except he's been in EP awhile now with many failed clubs, bars and other businesses to his credit.

How does the EP Sports Commission not know this?
Lol, they don't care, are you being serious right now? Don't matter how you put up the money. If the check cashes it's a go! Again I don't have to go into details, I just know him and his business dealings and level of BS. Let's leave it at that.

Lol, they don't care, are you being serious right now? Don't matter how you put up the money. If the check cashes it's a go! Again I don't have to go into details, I just know him and his business dealings and level of BS. Let's leave it at that.
That’s a problem for me though. You shouldn’t do business with “bad people”. Most people are entitled to a second chance, but I assume that he has burned a lot more than that.

Reactions: nattybry
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT