ADVERTISEMENT

Art Briles Heading Back to CUSA

I'd rather be us than Baylor. Shameful program. I'd rather lose games than lose my soul in pursuit of wins.

Granted there's stuff about program and every coach, but not like that.
Never should have forced Bower out. He still had a lot of mojo in him. That was a dumb move. Fedora had success but left quickly.

"Head coach Jay Hopson released a statement following the deicision, saying it was the decision of university president Rodney Bennett to not hire Briles"
giphy.gif

Should we have given him a second chance as our OC? Eventually someone will take a risk on him to win.
We can all agree to give him a second chance all we want to, but Natalicio would do exactly what the USM President did, and say HELL NO.

Isn't there an all-male school he can coach at?;)
There's an all male high school in El Paso, Cathedral High. I'm from there and there is not a doubt in my mind they would entertain at least an interview but would back down. I only say that because the push back from the Holtz big dinner fund raiser a few short years ago where alums took to letter writing, emailing and newspaper to get Cathedral High to reconsider Holtz engagement. Some Cathedral coaches and boosters would shat their pants with unbelievable delight to able to play on the field with Strake Jesuit or Bishop Lynch with a coach like Briles leading the program. Thank God there is sanity that runs that school when the sun goes down.

If he was going to get a job Liberty was the school. They hired Iran McCaw as AD who oversaw the shit show at Baylor. He hired Hugh Freeze as coach who only slightly less repulsive than Briles.

Baylor has never released the Pepper Hamilton report only a summary. The details have to be horrifying. What we know is bad enough. Briles was worth about a billion dollars to Baylor. The regents didnt want to hire him. Thats how you know the details of the reports are even worse than the horrifying details we know now. Baylor will never let that report see the light of day so we will never know how bad it really was.

Reactions: develman
If he was going to get a job Liberty was the school. They hired Iran McCaw as AD who oversaw the shit show at Baylor. He hired Hugh Freeze as coach who only slightly less repulsive than Briles.

Baylor has never released the Pepper Hamilton report only a summary. The details have to be horrifying. What we know is bad enough. Briles was worth about a billion dollars to Baylor. The regents didnt want to hire him. Thats how you know the details of the reports are even worse than the horrifying details we know now. Baylor will never let that report see the light of day so we will never know how bad it really was.
The 2001 UAB football abuse on one 15 year old prodigy girl was very sickening and made the story public. If it is worse it may be best to release part of it so to provide honesty and disclosure but respect to the victims.

The 2001 UAB football abuse on one 15 year old prodigy girl was very sickening and made the story public. If it is worse it may be best to release part of it so to provide honesty and disclosure but respect to the victims.
I had forgotten about this story, awful.

There's an all male high school in El Paso, Cathedral High. I'm from there and there is not a doubt in my mind they would entertain at least an interview but would back down. I only say that because the push back from the Holtz big dinner fund raiser a few short years ago where alums took to letter writing, emailing and newspaper to get Cathedral High to reconsider Holtz engagement. Some Cathedral coaches and boosters would shat their pants with unbelievable delight to able to play on the field with Strake Jesuit or Bishop Lynch with a coach like Briles leading the program. Thank God there is sanity that runs that school when the sun goes down.
Oh come on, you know it's all about the swim team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT