ADVERTISEMENT

Call me Crazy on this Proposal but It’s Time

Raising prices isn't the solution.

Besides Air Force, I was at those games. I've been buying season tickets for about 20 years and have donated $1,000's. I'm not part of the problem. How much do you donate?
I didn't say raising prices was the solution. Read the entire post. Follow the dots ..... If Big Money Alums donated to Hire a Top Tier Coach like a Kingsbury...... and that Coach won....... therefore bringing in more money for UTEP....... and then and only then if the result of that winning and having a top tier coach at UTEP translated into us having a top tier G5 program then ...... if prices were to be raised, that should be understood. I buy season tickets and don't even attend the games, because I don't live in EP any longer and I go to the road games I can. I'd also gladly go to the Sun Bowl if we had a winning program!

Reactions: MINER.JAY
Art Briles is an awful option. We all want to win, but Briles is a cancer. Hell, OU doesn’t even want him on the sideline as a guest.

Y’all have women in your life, anyone covering up what he covered up in Waco deserves a scarlet letter.

Reactions: Rot
I didn't say raising prices was the solution. Read the entire post. Follow the dots ..... If Big Money Alums donated to Hire a Top Tier Coach like a Kingsbury...... and that Coach won....... therefore bringing in more money for UTEP....... and then and only then if the result of that winning and having a top tier coach at UTEP translated into us having a top tier G5 program then ...... if prices were to be raised, that should be understood. I buy season tickets and don't even attend the games, because I don't live in EP any longer and I go to the road games I can. I'd also gladly go to the Sun Bowl if we had a winning program!
Why would you want to hire another guy who has a career losing record? He's been trash at both stops.

Reactions: Rot
I never said soccer and baseball would bring fans in to watch or would be a cash crop for UTEP. All my post says is the football program is trash, absolute stinkin garbage and we should burn it to the ground.

F U C K UTEP!

Briles would never get hired by UTEP because of his troubled past. Besides Briles is in his late 60’s. Kingsburry has not been successful anywhere he’s been the HC. He was fired by tech and Arizona. I never understood why Arizona hired him in the first place. I would rather bring in a young, successful coordinator or winning FCS coach with Texas ties instead of retreads.

Briles would never get hired by UTEP because of his troubled past. Besides Briles is in his late 60’s. Kingsburry has not been successful anywhere he’s been the HC. He was fired by tech and Arizona. I never understood why Arizona hired him in the first place. I would rather bring in a young, successful coordinator or winning FCS coach with Texas ties instead of retreads.
Kingsbury could be successful against C-USA competition though.

I'd love it if the Alums with money cared enough to help get the Miners over the top. I've always felt and even experienced before how El Paso will supporting a Winner. The city is starving for it and I don't think Senter sees that, because he's just not familiar with the good and loyal Miner fans of Far West Texas. That's why it's important for the Money Alums to step it up and demand better! I'm not sure of the details, but didn't the Alums help Colorado raise the money for Prime Time? Could they not do that to bring in Kingsbury and pay him 2 million a year. Even if he only stays for 3 years at least it'd get the ball running. It takes money to make money and tickets will sale themselves if Utep produces a consistent winner. I truly believe that!
Love the sentiment but you’re kidding yourself if you think UTEP can afford Kliff. You're also kidding yourself if you think he wants us. He will get a big job

My question, will UTEP pony up a 1 million, to hire a new coach, or go the cheap route again, and start at 5-800k? Honest question, does Senter, Wilson, and Dimel feel any heat? He started his presser with a big ol laugh with the good ol boys again. He's getting his ass handed to him, and he's jolly ol saint Dumbass! Its annoying, get angry and start winning some damn games!

We’re always gonna be broke a$$ MF’s. We have two options. Get an older former P5 that has been somewhat successful and money isn’t an issue for him anymore. Or get a young hungry coach that’s successful at FCS but making peanuts there.

Deion was making 300k at Jackson St. I know we will never have the vision or balls to have made a hire like him but God Dammit do something different UTEP!

My question, will UTEP pony up a 1 million, to hire a new coach, or go the cheap route again, and start at 5-800k? Honest question, does Senter, Wilson, and Dimel feel any heat? He started his presser with a big ol laugh with the good ol boys again. He's getting his ass handed to him, and he's jolly ol saint Dumbass! Its annoying, get angry and start winning some damn games!
No they don't feel any pressure. Wilson will not be fired as long as she's bringing in dump trucks of money. She couldn't care less about sports as long as GPAs are in line with her mission.

Reactions: shyminer81
No way should we hire Briles. Why the hell hire someone in that age range. Get a young coach from the lower division. Let him work magic. Old coaches are stuck in old times.
I don’t care if Matt L hasn’t been coaching long, we need to do something different than hiring these old time coaches.

No way should we hire Briles. Why the hell hire someone in that age range. Get a young coach from the lower division. Let him work magic. Old coaches are stuck in old times.
I don’t care if Matt L hasn’t been coaching long, we need to do something different than hiring these old time coaches.
What old ways is Briles stuck in?

I don’t care if Matt

Reactions: FedupMiner
We’re always gonna be broke a$$ MF’s. We have two options. Get an older former P5 that has been somewhat successful and money isn’t an issue for him anymore. Or get a young hungry coach that’s successful at FCS but making peanuts there.

Deion was making 300k at Jackson St. I know we will never have the vision or balls to have made a hire like him but God Dammit do something different UTEP!
Exactly. Be different. Nothing you have done in your small-minded approach has EVER worked. So take a fkn risk and if it doesn’t work out , you’re right where we are now. Bring in a guy who can get us in the damn end zone.

I don’t care if Matt
The only Briles this team should have ever considered was Kendall and that was years ago. Everyone said no way! And how’s he’s at TCU ready for his big gig. We need a young offensive coordinator or head coach with success . The Colby Carthel name is starting to sound more and more sweet.

Boys will be boys. That’s what got him in trouble!
So you have no critique of this football coaching ability? Your only issue is something that happened almost a decade ago? Sounds like you want to discriminate against him because his age. Briles is a better coach than 90% of the FBS coaches today.

I guess there's no point in debating it because he's not getting an interview if the position comes open anyway.

So you have no critique of this football coaching ability? Your only issue is something that happened almost a decade ago? Sounds like you want to discriminate against him because his age. Briles is a better coach than 90% of the FBS coaches today.

I guess there's no point in debating it because he's not getting an interview if the position comes open anyway.
I agree he’s a great coach, but I think his brand is still way too toxic in the world we live in. UTEP, Heather Wilson and Senter will get so much crap. Will Wilson want to be attacked for hiring Briles? You know feminists will call her out for the hire. And not just that, and player that gets an offer from UTEP, every competing college coach will use Briles’ past against him.

Reactions: Taco1977
I agree he’s a great coach, but I think his brand is still way too toxic in the world we live in. UTEP, Heather Wilson and Senter will get so much crap. Will Wilson want to be attacked for hiring Briles? You know feminists will call her out for the hire. And not just that, and player that gets an offer from UTEP, every competing college coach will use Briles’ past against him.
Yeah, Wilson will never allow her name to be attached to the hiring of briles. Recruits wouldn't care about his past. The recruits we would be going after just want to play at the FBS level and don't have many options. His proven track record of turning 1 & 2 star recruits into NFL players will do all the selling for him.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
What about Ray Lewis?
I don't think he's coaching. Most likely if he were wanting to dip his toe into coaching it'll be at HBCU first.

He would improve our LB play though. Getting real tired of watching them make tackles 7 yards down field and getting up flexing.

Last edited:
I don't think he's coaching. Most likely if he were wanting to dip his toe into coaching it'll be at HBCU first.

He would improve our LB play though. Getting real tired of watching them make tackles 7 yards down field and getting up flexing.

I'm thinking of guys who would have the Deion effect. He could be one

Reactions: Taco1977
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT