ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Ticket Price Changes

We can go for hours of pointless business examples , $5 NBA tickets, The bottom line is if you are a UTEP fan, you want them to be successful. UTEP doesn't bring in a whole lot of revenue and money doesn't grow on trees, so you can either be part of the problem or part of the solution. The BB prices are very reasonable and affordable this year. So if they are too expensive compared to shitty NBA team tickets, then that is ok don't attend games, and keep being part of the problem, but don't bitch that UTEP always sucks. You can be part of the solution and support UTEP by purchasing affordable tickets. The more people that support the program, the more likely UTEP will be successful which is what we all want as UTEP fans. I live thousands of miles away but I purchase football and BB season tickets every year because I want to be part of the solution to fixing this athletic department. $70 to watch NMSU. UNM, WKU, UTSA, and LA Tech is laughable cheap.

Good for you. Fans don’t win games, players and coaches do. Houston Baptist won a football game this year with 1,941 people in the stands, even smaller than the crowd for the Highlands game. Hundreds of teams manage to win games with fewer fans than UTEP has.

Good for you. Fans don’t win games, players and coaches do. Houston Baptist won a football game this year with 1,941 people in the stands, even smaller than the crowd for the Highlands game. Hundreds of teams manage to win games with fewer fans than UTEP has.
Cool any more pointless info you have to share?? Clearly HB needs fans so you so become one. You should go to a HB game then go watch a $9.99 Rockets game after. What other NBA teams offer tickets for under $10 so when I am in that area I can go catch a game.

Cool any more pointless info you have to share?? Clearly HB needs fans so you so become one. You should go then go watch a $9.99 Rockets game after. What other NBA teams offer tickets for under $10 so when I am in that area I can go catch a game.

All day. Like I said, doesn’t matter if you have 1,000 or 100,000 in the stands. Players and coaches win games.

I think those NBA tickets being mentioned here are in the secondary market. When someone has already paid full price and then sell them back for whatever reason through all these secondary sale sites, like Stub Hub, Seek Geek, and even Ticket Master sells secondary sale tickets.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
All day. Like I said, doesn’t matter if you have 1,000 or 100,000 in the stands. Players and coaches win games.
Yep and those stands have operating expenses and coaches need to be paid. That has to come from revenue. Like I said, either be part of the solution or the problem.

Well then... don’t go. I for one will travel to El Paso for Atleast one game this season, pay for a ticket and get to watch minerball. I will also attend the game here in San Antonio and probably pay $30 to have court side seats at UTSA (funny if y’all ever been to their venue). This is simple...El Paso has become the best of the bandwagon fans. When this team becomes what I believe this team will become, all of this bantering about increased ticket prices will not matter. El Paso loves a winner and they will be there to support the team, high prices or not. But I’m sure minermaniac will have something else to say on this matter...some people just always have to have the last word, regardless of how asinine they may sound.

Well then... don’t go. I for one will travel to El Paso for Atleast one game this season, pay for a ticket and get to watch minerball. I will also attend the game here in San Antonio and probably pay $30 to have court side seats at UTSA (funny if y’all ever been to their venue). This is simple...El Paso has become the best of the bandwagon fans. When this team becomes what I believe this team will become, all of this bantering about increased ticket prices will not matter. El Paso loves a winner and they will be there to support the team, high prices or not. But I’m sure minermaniac will have something else to say on this matter...some people just always have to have the last word, regardless of how asinine they may sound.
A) I agree with what you're saying but....
B) Maniac has been a regular on here for years and years and he can break down a basketball game with the best of them.

Reactions: minermaniac2023
I think those NBA tickets being mentioned here are in the secondary market. When someone has already paid full price and then sell them back for whatever reason through all these secondary sale sites, like Stub Hub, Seek Geek, and even Ticket Master sells secondary sale tickets.

Yuup, already been covered. If you’re a fan interested in going to the game, you not going to pay more for the exact same ticket. When people have tickets to something and they can’t or don’t want to go, they usually try to sell them. You take what you can get sometimes. Bobby Basketball doesn’t care, he only cares you’re selling them for cheaper.

That's exactly right. It's people dumping their already paid for tix for whatever they can get. The NBA or NFL or whatever franchise has already made their money from having sold the ticket at face value.

Reactions: develman
And I have been A member of this site since 2005. I’ve just recently have started to post more often. I even met up with a couple of posters back in the Mike Price days here in San Antonio to watch a couple of Utep games at the Fox and the Hound. I know who are the respected and informed participants on this board and I also know who the troublemakers or “trolls” are. As an avid Miner fan, inside information and any information for that matter, is hard to come by, and that is why I have been lurking these 14 years. I guess as I am getting older, my tolerance for what I consider negative nonsense is getting the best of me and I find myself responding to some of these threads.

PSA: Music/Chi/2023/and all his future aliases will argue with you no matter what you post but you don't have to respond to him!

Reactions: miner1liner
I'm sure UTEP has figured out a breakeven point that works for them. You can't please all of the people all of the time.

This is true. Nowadays they are “pleasing” less than 4K for basketball games and less than 15k for football. Great business model.

If the average ticket price is $15 and you have 4,000 fans, you get $60k for tickets.

If the average ticket price is $10 and you have 6,000 fans, you get the same $60k.

However, 2,000 less fans are buying concessions, merchandise, and making an impression to return.

So while you may be right, UTEP is still wrong. You can’t charge more when your product hasn’t proved itself. By increasing prices, you’re not gaining any fans, just turning more people off to your money grab.

Even though, UTEP would never confirm this, I would guess their season ticket base has dropped by at least 50% since Floyd’s first year. Just an educated guess.
I don't think a $5 price difference is going to translate to a jump of 50% in ticket sales. I can see a 50% price drop in ticket price translate to a 50% increase in attendance, but then you lose out on money. I don't think UTEP makes any more nor any less in concessions depending on attendance, I could be wrong, though

This is true. Nowadays they are “pleasing” less than 4K for basketball games and less than 15k for football. Great business model.

You're still making one significant mistake in your argument. You're complaining about the price UTEP has set for tickets but you're not comparing UTEP's price to the price of tickets sold by the Indiana Pacers. Face value for face value. You are comparing a UTEP face value ticket to the price of a Pacers ticket being dumped for whatever the seller can get. The Pacers already got their face value money.

Did I write that you are breaking a rule? The point is you are copying the handle and he/she will eventually catch on. Probably not the smartest idea. Shouldn't you have been able to decipher that with all your mental fortitude?

I am not copying him. Miner Maniacs is the student section. It’s not a unique name by any means. If you search @MinerManiac on twitter, it’s the handle for this site and I don’t think the poster on here with that handle is using that twitter handle. The poster has probably seen my posts and not said anything , so if he doesn’t have an issue, why should you? I am not trying to emulate him in anyway.

UTEP athletics DOES have a lot of bills to pay.......but one they should not is carrying a bunch of deadbeats who don't want to pay for anything. (you can find that kind a fan anywhere on the planet).

RIDICULOUS!!!
This entire dialogue results from the return of our resident troll/agitator spouting his nonsensical crap for the sake of arousing the real fans.
Why doesn't everyone ignore him if the moderator won't boot him?

RIDICULOUS!!!
This entire dialogue results from the return of our resident troll/agitator spouting his nonsensical crap for the sake of arousing the real fans.
Done

RIDICULOUS!!!

M1L, maybe I'm sentimental but I don't mind giving a minute to respond. Even to trolls. I figure, if they want to waste my time, maybe I can devote a minute during which I really don't have anything better to do and use it to waste their time. Kinda like when I troll a Nigerian uncle who's offering me 25 million if I'll just send them a few hundred first...

M1L, maybe I'm sentimental but I don't mind giving a minute to respond. Even to trolls. I figure, if they want to waste my time, maybe I can devote a minute during which I really don't have anything better to do and use it to waste their time. Kinda like when I troll a Nigerian uncle who's offering me 25 million if I'll just send them a few hundred first...
You mean that's not real? I'm still waiting for my lotto money!

I can get a ticket to a Suns game for $10 or $15 face value. Senter is banking on the basketball team doing well. It could work very well or backfire badly. UTEP just needs to beat NMSU!!

I can get a ticket to a Suns game for $10 or $15 face value. Senter is banking on the basketball team doing well. It could work very well or backfire badly. UTEP just needs to beat NMSU!!
That's up in the rafters. As soon as they start winning those $15 seats will likely be going for $100 plus.

They raised ticket prices for several good reasons.
1. Season ticket holders that payed a donation of $220-$450 were upset that people were buying cheaper seats then moving down. The increase price makes it a little more tolerable for those fans.
2. It allowed UTEP to offer the flex plans, which allows people to pick the games they want to or can attend.
3. It also allowed UTEP to offer the occasion "Flash Sale" for games where ticket sales are low.
I personally think it was a smart business decision.

Reactions: RanDaddyBinks
They raised ticket prices for several good reasons.
1. Season ticket holders that payed a donation of $220-$450 were upset that people were buying cheaper seats then moving down. The increase price makes it a little more tolerable for those fans.
2. It allowed UTEP to offer the flex plans, which allows people to pick the games they want to or can attend.
3. It also allowed UTEP to offer the occasion "Flash Sale" for games where ticket sales are low.
I personally think it was a smart business decision.
Spot on Stan. Thanks for pointing that out.

Done; let's move on.

Now can we move on to the game tomorrow people?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT