ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl Projections

JCorona

MI Miner Maniac
Jun 15, 2014

We've upgraded from the NM bowl to Frisco.

Vs Air Force
Vs Utah St

Both tough matches that probably sees our losing bowl streak continue.

We've upgraded from the NM bowl to Frisco.

Vs Air Force
Vs Utah St

Both tough matches that probably sees our losing bowl streak continue.
I think if we become bowl eligible, we will go to the NM Bowl. They want us because it's suck an easy drive for a fan base and our athletic department wants it for the same reason

I think if we become bowl eligible, we will go to the NM Bowl. They want us because it's suck an easy drive for a fan base and our athletic department wants it for the same reason
Idk man. The fan base can't even drive to the SB. I think we should give the fans that live on the I35 corridor a chance to see the team. We don't get to see the team very often so we'll show up.

That's fair but think about our core 11k ish fan base, if they are willing to make the drive that's not a bad turnout for the NM Bowl
I was at last NM bowl and I don't think we had 1k. It's a shorter drive from Houston to Dallas than from EP to ABQ. It only gets shorter for San Antonio, Austin and Dallas fans. I don't think we've ever had a bowl game in Dallas area but I think l we could get more fans there than at ABQ.

Reactions: picks up
I was at last NM bowl and I don't think we had 1k. It's a shorter drive from Houston to Dallas than from EP to ABQ. It only gets shorter for San Antonio, Austin and Dallas fans. I don't think we've ever had a bowl game in Dallas area but I think l we could get more fans there than at ABQ.
I was there and we definitely had over 1k. It was the best attendance since the 2010 NM Bowl, which also featured UTEP.

Reactions: picks up
I was there too and it looked to be a lot more 1000 to me but also thought there was more than 11k there last night so who knows

Reactions: JCorona
We probably had over 6k at that game. You were probably drunk and couldn't see squat. Right?

Idk man. The fan base can't even drive to the SB. I think we should give the fans that live on the I35 corridor a chance to see the team. We don't get to see the team very often so we'll show up.
If the Miners go bowling they should try to get the Bahama bowl since our fan base is so small now and they won't expect any to make that trip.

Reactions: T-6 Miner
That's inaccurate. I was at that game there was well over a thousand Miner Fans in Albuquerque. I do agree with you however about Dallas though. We get a good crowd here for games when Utep plays in DFW.

Way too early. UTEP is a on five game losing streak against USM and has not won at USM since 2012, then its La Tech and then another voodoo trip across the Mississippi River east to FAU where UTEP just can't seem to win in the eastern time zone. Then on top of all that UTEP then gets a surging UTSA squad who looks primed to take CUSA.

Way too early. UTEP is a on five game losing streak against USM and has not won at USM since 2012, then its La Tech and then another voodoo trip across the Mississippi River east to FAU where UTEP just can't seem to win in the eastern time zone. Then on top of all that UTEP then gets a surging UTSA squad who looks primed to take CUSA.
Also not sure yet if Hardison will play yet.

I know we shouldn’t jump ahead of ourselves, but the Frisco Bowl would be great. Alumni from nearby Texas cities would be able to attend and the Miners would bring a large crowd. Many of the players would also have their family and friends make the short drive to Frisco. I remember going to the Bowl Game in Houston and outnumbering the Buffalo fans. We had 16,000+ Miner fans at that game. This would also help with recruitment and exposure in the DFW area.

Let’s not put the cart in front of the horse and start projecting where UTEP will be bowling. We still need two more wins to become eligible. The next 7 games will be tough. If UTEP can hold serve at home, they’ll go bowling. But they need to prove they can win on the road too. NMSU doesn’t necessarily count. It’s practically a de facto home game for UTEP.

Well, hopefully UTEP gets 2 more wins. I guess the best candidates would be USM or UNT.

There's always the Guaranteed Rate Bowl in Phoenix, right?

Hey, beating lousy teams may not impress critics, but just 2 years ago our team would play lousy teams and LOSE so I'll take this
"Sad but true".

UTEP needs, should be hungry, desire, focus, practice hard and execute a solid game plan for these next two weeks because if Senter, the team, the local (sports) media and Dimel want the fans back in the stands, then win these next two games and get the USM and La Tech monkey off their back.

I8uyaTZ.gif

"Sad but true".

UTEP needs, should be hungry, desire, focus, practice hard and execute a solid game plan for these next two weeks because if Senter, the team, the local (sports) media and Dimel want the fans back in the stands, then win these next two games and get the USM and La Tech monkey off their back.

I8uyaTZ.gif
I believe they've shoes all of those things in 4 out of 5 games. They just need to cut down on the mistakes.

I appreciate his publicity. Imo starring 4-1 and finishing 2-5 or 2-6 isn't a feel good story. It brings back bad memories.
I said 5-7 before the season, now I'd say 7-5 if we beat S. Miss. The other two wins being Rice and N. Texas. Since we play La Tech tough that's a chance to go 4-3 down the stretch, bit I think 3-4 is more realistic.

Let’s not put the cart in front of the horse and start projecting where UTEP will be bowling. We still need two more wins to become eligible. The next 7 games will be tough. If UTEP can hold serve at home, they’ll go bowling. But they need to prove they can win on the road too. NMSU doesn’t necessarily count. It’s practically a de facto home game for UTEP.
We’re just fans — we can speculate.

I said 5-7 before the season, now I'd say 7-5 if we beat S. Miss. The other two wins being Rice and N. Texas. Since we play La Tech tough that's a chance to go 4-3 down the stretch, bit I think 3-4 is more realistic.
7-5 or better is the only thing I'll accept as success.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT