ADVERTISEMENT

CBS Sports Network

Can we access without a subscription to watch the Jacksonville State game?
Maybe nflbite? Or reddit streams. There are a few streaming websites that are free and totally not illegal *ahem*.

I think CBS Sports comes free though on smart TVs.

UTEP never plays Jacksonville State and Cowboys never play Jacksonville Jaguars and look who they each open with. That's kind Spooky!

Reactions: groundrounds
You can try the free trial subscriptions with services like Huly and Fubo.
Actually Hulu no longer offers a free trial subscription. I know because I very recently cut the cord. Youtube TV does offer a free trial, however.

A more pertinent question for me: do the Big 10 and PAC 12 networks allow you to purchase a one game subscription, or do you need to purchase a month (or worse, season)? Yes, I can research this myself, but before I do I'm checking to see if anyone here knows.

Actually Hulu no longer offers a free trial subscription. I know because I very recently cut the cord. Youtube TV does offer a free trial, however.

A more pertinent question for me: do the Big 10 and PAC 12 networks allow you to purchase a one game subscription, or do you need to purchase a month (or worse, season)? Yes, I can research this myself, but before I do I'm checking to see if anyone here knows.
They do not. You need a “satellite or cable” package to get the channels. They do not offer them on a standalone or a La carte basis.

I believe the only sports channels that do offer a standalone option are NBA TV and NFL Network.

• Sad
Reactions: MinerManiac
One's in Alabama and one is in Florida. Different Jacksonvilles
You are correct sir! I never bothered to look and just assumed Florida. Thanks. I see they are neighbors of UAB (76 miles). Is there a rivalry?

I doubt that any Dallas sports bars care about UTEP-Jacksonville State. Thanks for the tip though.

Just discovered that YouTube TV has the Big 10 Network, but not the PAC 12 Network. That leaves only one game that I will have to find an alternative solution to watch.

Fubo has to be the best option if you’re trying to catch all the UTEP games on tv.
It’s probably the best for sports fans, as long as you prefer soccer over the NBA. Since they don’t have TNT, TBS, and TruTV, you cannot watch the NCAA Tournament on it either.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Some PAC12 games are shown on the Stadium network, at least they were last year (in Las Vegas)

I doubt that any Dallas sports bars care about UTEP-Jacksonville State. Thanks for the tip though.
Yeah, but I've had good experiences in DFW asking for the Utep game when it's on TV at a bar and I've had 0 issue with them turning 9ne on for me, unless it's a Big TCU or Texas game going on at the same time. You won't get volume though so listen to good ol Teicher lol

Reactions: shyminer81
Some PAC12 games are shown on the Stadium network, at least they were last year (in Las Vegas)
Stadium does not have the rights to air Pac 12 football and basketball games. It’s possible another sporting event ran long, got delayed, or something like that and the owners had their stadium channel to broadcast on.

I remember when the Alumni chapters in Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, and Houston were more organized. Miss the Watch parties they would host. Oh well. It’s up to some Ex Pasoen to step up and organize shit in those cities.

Reactions: nattybry
Stadium does not have the rights to air Pac 12 football and basketball games. It’s possible another sporting event ran long, got delayed, or something like that and the owners had their stadium channel to broadcast on.
You're probably right, maybe it was pre-conference basketball. I just remember seeing some PAC12 teams on there, maybe replays?

I truly appreciate all the suggestions, but unfortunately I have limited mobility; relying on an electric scooter to get around. I have a lift on my SUV to transport my scooter and I'll reconsider a sports bar before GameDay. I'd prefer my living room.
We'll see.

I truly appreciate all the suggestions, but unfortunately I have limited mobility; relying on an electric scooter to get around. I have a lift on my SUV to transport my scooter and I'll reconsider a sports bar before GameDay. I'd prefer my living room.
We'll see.

The one question not asked, what current TV Provider do you use? CBS Sports Network is on most.

There are many Miner fans who meet up in Dallas for games (a lot of alums in DFW). They've been quiet on here for a while.

Used to love and hear them out cheer and yell SMU fans in their own arena.

There are many Miner fans who meet up in Dallas for games (a lot of alums in DFW). They've been quiet on here for a while.

Used to love and hear them out cheer and yell SMU fans in their own arena.

I was one of those fans. Those were wonderful times. We weren't always great, but seems like we always managed to handle SMU and definitely owned Moody.

66CHamps. I have Spectrum and CBS Sports is only available for a fee. If anyone is planning on going to a sports bar let me know. Since I lost my wife I moved to Lewisville and am living in a retirement home. There is an absolutely great sports bar here in Flower Mound where I've gone for dinner many times. It's Lambeau's America owned by a Packer fan. It would be a choice spot to watch.

Reactions: LTMiner61
We'll see.
I understand. Imo it’s cheaper and more convenient to pay a month of Fubo TV and watch all four UTEP games in your living room than it is to go to a bar and drink while watching the games there.

Reactions: Lil_Train
We'll see.
Do you have an Amazon Firestick? There are many iptv services out there that are around 15 bucks a month. This will show every single Miner game if it is even on internet only.

I trust the listings from troypoint.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT