ADVERTISEMENT

Christian Agnew

No but not everything has to be turned into a negative. IMO Terry beating out Moser for a recruit is a good sign and should be recognized. The kid is from Detroit. He could go play near home with a coach that has made a recent final four run or he could play for Terry who has never won a NCAAT tournament game and is located 18 hrs away. To me it seems like a little bit of positivity and all I did was point it out.

Sorry, but I've been burned way too many times to be positive about any recruit. Like others on here, I don't have faith in Terry.

Moser could buy out CRT's contract and bring Agnew with him! (Moser' contract is "undisclosed" but he walked away from $17-$18 million offer by Saint John's last year). Damn, I didn't know Loyola Chicago had that kind of money! I have a kid at a Catholic A10 school and they don't have that kind of cash.

So I guess as Corona states, it's a steal.

He makes $900k at Loyola. He would have been paid $2 million at St. John's.

Sorry, but I've been burned way too many times to be positive about any recruit. Like others on here, I don't have faith in Terry.
That’s fine. You look for any reason to be negative I look for positive. Sure Tarke didn’t work out but what about Williams, Boum, and Edwards? Agnew could end up being better than Hawkins/Lathon or he could end up being a bust. I feel a little better knowing other successful coaches were after him as opposed to coaches and teams worse than us.

Remember the board rules

- state facts about UTEP sucking- acceptable by the trolls.

- state facts about who which teams we beat out for a player- not acceptable by the trolls.

Their Final 4 appearance doesn’t mean anything anymore. They made the NIT the year after and might have made the NIT this year. Their momentum is done. Look at the ****ing players we just signed. This guy who went to a D1 transition school and the JC guy started at a D1 transition school and then a CC. The fringest of Division 1.

Maybe they’ll both be good players and able to contribute, but beating out Loyola and IUPUI is mediocrity at its finest. You really think these 2 guys are going to push us to the top pod in CUSA?

If Loyola is such a basketball power, name one player on their team without looking it up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Autograph Boy
Their Final 4 appearance doesn’t mean anything anymore. They made the NIT the year after and might have made the NIT this year. Their momentum is done. Look at the ****ing players we just signed. This guy who went to a D1 transition school and the JC guy started at a D1 transition school and then a CC. The fringest of Division 1.

Maybe they’ll both be good players and able to contribute, but beating out Loyola and IUPUI is mediocrity at its finest. You really think these 2 guys are going to push us to the top pod in CUSA?

If Loyola is such a basketball power, name one player on their team without looking it up.
You’re right. Our 66 National title don’t mean shit to recruits and Moser’s 2018 Final Four run doesn’t mean shit either. Excuse me for stating that we beat a recent final four team for him. You’re right he’s going to suck because Tarke sucked. Every future recruit will also suck because Terry recruited them. Is that better?

You’re right. Our 66 National title don’t mean shit to recruits and Moser’s 2018 Final Four run doesn’t mean shit either. Excuse me for stating that we beat a recent final four team for him. You’re right he’s going to suck because Tarke sucked. Every future recruit will also suck because Terry recruited them. Is that better?

No. Didn’t answer what I asked. Are these 2 guys going to push us to the top pod next season? Name one player on this years Loyola team without looking it up.

No. Didn’t answer what I asked. Are these 2 guys going to push us to the top pod next season? Name one player on this years Loyola team without looking it up.
Well we finished one game behind 5th place FIU so maybe they do put us into the top pod. I don’t know any players from Loyola. I do know their HC who made a final four run is still coaching the team and he wanted Agnew.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Well we finished one game behind 5th place FIU so maybe they do put us into the top pod. I don’t know any players from Loyola. I do know their HC who made a final four run is still coaching the team and he wanted Agnew.

Did FIU get to play 4 extra games versus the worst in CUSA or did they get to play the 4 best teams in CUSA in their pod? Who won the head to head matchup between FIU and UTEP?

Did FIU get to play 4 extra games versus the worst in CUSA or did they get to play the 4 best teams in CUSA in their pod? Who won the head to head matchup between FIU and UTEP?
They beat us at home without our hc by two points. Further displaying the parity.

The same head coach you have been saying is extremely “average” right? They still played the tough teams and we played the trash.
Yeah, him coaching could have been the difference in that game. The only difference between UTEP/FIU/Charlotte was the location of the games. Flip the courts and we win them. Very little separated the 4/5 teams from UTEP. Yes maybe a better PG gets us into the top pod. I don’t know if Agnew is better than Lathon/Hawkins but his numbers are.

Seriously, 1992. I personally cannot name a single player from Kansas or Duke without looking them up. I know I've said I like your style in the past but, man, the Debbie Downer look on you has grown quite old. Is this how you've been for over 10 years?

Reactions: JCorona
Seriously, 1992. I personally cannot name a single player from Kansas or Duke without looking them up. I know I've said I like your style in the past but, man, the Debbie Downer look on you has grown quite old. Is this how you've been for over 10 years?

Then you don’t like watching good basketball. That’s fine, nothing against that.

Yes, I have. Since 2010, UTEP hasn’t accomplished anything, but teams that were in the Sun Belt have come and done things in CUSA. It sucks being near the bottom EVERY ****ing year. So excuse me if I don’t get all excited over meh recruits by our shitty coaches. I won’t be different until we’re competing for conference titles.

Yeah, him coaching could have been the difference in that game. The only difference between UTEP/FIU/Charlotte was the location of the games. Flip the courts and we win them. Very little separated the 4/5 teams from UTEP. Yes maybe a better PG gets us into the top pod. I don’t know if Agnew is better than Lathon/Hawkins but his numbers are.
Wasn't that the game where Stroud scored 10 points in like 5 minutes and then didn't play the 2nd half. Then we come back from down 10 and Hawkins misses 2 free throws at the end?

Wasn't that the game where Stroud scored 10 points in like 5 minutes and then didn't play the 2nd half. Then we come back from down 10 and Hawkins misses 2 free throws at the end?
Yes. First game after the Lathon transfer. We were glad Paulino benched Villa for Tarke but it didn’t matter cuz Villa was the closer. He turned the ball over in the closing seconds. FIU missed both FTs giving us life. Next possession we make the first FT and I want to believe “intentionally” missed the second, but don’t want to give our coaches that much credit, FIU grabbed the rebound and was able to run out the clock since no one instructed our players to foul.

That’s fine. You look for any reason to be negative I look for positive. Sure Tarke didn’t work out but what about Williams, Boum, and Edwards? Agnew could end up being better than Hawkins/Lathon or he could end up being a bust. I feel a little better knowing other successful coaches were after him as opposed to coaches and teams worse than us.

Williams is a great player. He couldn't carry the whole team.

Reactions: JCorona
So a transfer comes in?

I admit I've never heard of him and know little about North Alabama basketball

I think Terry wanted to get Proven college players with experience similar to Edwards and Williams they have done it at college level look at his games dude has 3-20+ point games and another 3-20point games freshmen and had 18at Gonzaga who was #1 in country plus he plays high level defense so Terry got steal there! He played off ball which would explain why Terry picked up a Transfer fer pg!

I think Terry wanted to get Proven college players with experience similar to Edwards and Williams they have done it at college level look at his games dude has 3-20+ point games and another 3-20point games freshmen and had 18at Gonzaga who was #1 in country plus he plays high level defense so Terry got steal there! He played off ball which would explain why Terry picked up a Transfer fer pg!

What the **** is this?????

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT